• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Well, 4.0 vs 3.5 is really an issue of Balance/Streamline vs Control/Options

Both have their advantages. Though, 4.0's lack of options is something that's only an issue of time.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So you guys are going to be watching anime tonight right? That means me and my smash playing self would be lonesome and unwanted right?

BunBun

Smash Master
I mean that's so stereotypical "I'm 14 years old look at me syndrome" right there...lol i don't get it.
I mean that's so stereotypical "I'm 14 years old look at me syndrome" right there...lol i don't get it.

Restated for emphasis.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
none of this is sniper anyone can do this crap it happens all the time

and i was playin around in the wager match did you not see how slow my fox was?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Clicked the link, and then saw related vids.

Dude you're killing me with your rants and youtube "documentary" face time vids...

I'm 15 and its not on purpose.

WTH disliked my vid

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I'd try to hype this up, but honestly, I don't really care about a memk vs Yoshi grudge match.

Although I'd bet anyone 20 dollars that yoshi would take it. I'd even give them 2:1 odds. :)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'd try to hype this up, but honestly, I don't really care about a memk vs Yoshi grudge match.

Although I'd bet anyone 20 dollars that yoshi would take it. I'd even give them 2:1 odds. :)
It happened not two days ago, and it was ownage 3x consecutively.

AND Yoshi gets way closer to beating my DK than Memk :D

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
No offense, but I feel kind of stupid competing with a 15 year old. The last thing I plan on posting about this topic are the videos proving yoshi>memk.

none of this is sniper anyone can do this crap it happens all the time
My problems with this:
1. Quickscoping and no scoping doesn't take any skill. All you have to do is shoot in their general direction. In order to snipe like that, some perks are required and take up the space of something useful like sleight of hand and ninja.
2. When I played, I strived to play on a competitive level and I did not worry myself with such trivial play styles like running around and no scoping. I call them trivial because they would never work in a real match, no-scopers and quick snipers get walked all over.
3. Sure, you would see thoughs kinds of thing all the time in public matches, but those were not public. They were highlights from a few clan wars I had participated in. Just like in any competitive game, there is a large gap between casual and competitive game play. Those clips are important because they show me owning the other clans. I think the things I did were more skillful than just bum rushing your opponents with a sniper rifle and getting lucky that no one was camping on the inside of that alley that you never checked before running past.
4. This is pretty much all I have to say about CoD. It makes me sad that I have been unable to play it since the fall semester. I missed the new map packs and playing with my online bros, who were over 20 years old. To thoughs of you who don't know the glories of playing CoD, you probably think it is pathetic crying man tears over missing the map pack. Map packs are sacred! I won't go into the details out of fear of being called a fagget and the feelings I have right now can't be put into words. All I can do is just hope my feelings get across, some how.
5. Me putting cod away was probably a good thing, since I was crazy addicted. All my free time when into getting better and having fun playing CoD. Now that it is gone, I realize I can make myself a better person by watching more anime, reading books(OMG....), and playing those Metal Gear Solid tomb raider games I hear so much about.
6. Speaking of books... nevermind. I think it's about time to rewatch Hitman Reborn!

Edit: Here is some real sniping done by one guy in my old clan. By real, I mean the proper way to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgCddoSq1-Y&feature=related
Here is something else that is good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTOsa2CTCgk&feature=related

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
tron and i play on a competitive level tell me why he gets

36-10 almost every match from doing so

and if it takes no skill why dont you try it

its just the same as the BRAWL situation when it first came out and all MELEE players where complaining about it

I didnt check because i didnt need to if you didnt notice I had a spy plane and none of the enemy team was using "ghost" so it wasnt needed. "sleight of hand" is useful only if your aiming sucks or you dont have "scavenger" on. "ninja" is only useful in S&D IMO the other modes people are always shooting so no time to sound *****

MW2 QS take no skill since it does aim the crosshairs right on the person when you ADS its just fun.

unlike black ops, where you have to wait 1.5 seconds (unless you zoom into the second zoom variable scope only) before you shoot since in black ops it is hella nerfed

I play casual alot I dont stay back a little and try to get dogs every time i play. I have my own play style and you have yours

First clip was hard scoping

Second clips was a panic knife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmstk5dtawU

Watch how his crosshairs almost never are on target WE HAVE TO LINE THEM UP, WAIT A SECOND, AND THEN WE CAN SHOOT

BunBun

Smash Master

Okay, I did.

I have never played Black Ops before today. Ever.
I played MW2 a lot on PC, though.

I started Black Ops on my roommates 360 after reading your post, just to check it out. Let me give you the scores of my first 10 games, ever:

Perks: Marathon, Steady Aim, Cold Blooded (ghost or whatever)
They took away my commando =(

Killstreaks: Attack Copter, Chopper Gunner, Attack Dogs (holy **** these things are broken)

12-4
17-4
9-6 (looooooooooooooool I bad)
26 - 8
22 - 2
29 - 7
26 - 19 (Grenades only, Final Destination)
33 - 4
36 - 9
24 - 1 (the 1 death is because I needed to reset my killstreaks =9

At which point I stopped playing, because wow, casuals are bad.
You know how wrecked I'd get in competitive play? I probably wouldn't get a kill. What I did only proves how bad casual players are. It takes NO SKILL to do well in that game. Knifing is still one of the most broken things about CoD.

Now excuse me while I go and never touch another FPS again.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Well, 4.0 vs 3.5 is really an issue of Balance/Streamline vs Control/Options

Both have their advantages. Though, 4.0's lack of options is something that's only an issue of time.
Dude, have you looked at 4.0 recently? There's like 3x as many base classes as there used to be not to mention a ton of other unique paths to take with your character. Honestly, I think when you include all the different paragon paths, etc you can take with your character, I think the level of options/customization is about the same now. Plus, the thing about a lot of the "options" in 3.5 is that a lot of them were so bad game mechanically no one would want to pick them because they wouldn't want to bring down the effectiveness of their character/party.

The only advantages to 3.5 that I can see is that a few game mechanics or flavors that are preferred. For example I remember Kevin talking about how he actually liked all the different skills he had in 3.5 as opposed to the simplification done in 4.0. People generally don't want to buy all the new books or learn a new system. Otherwise, I would say that 4.0 is basically better now.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Speaking of D&D, I have six of the 4.0 books on my external. If anyone wants them. Just furthering the cause. :)

Also, +++ Chamberlain.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Okay, I did.

I have never played Black Ops before today. Ever.
I played MW2 a lot on PC, though.

I started Black Ops on my roommates 360 after reading your post, just to check it out. Let me give you the scores of my first 10 games, ever:

Perks: Marathon, Steady Aim, Cold Blooded (ghost or whatever)
They took away my commando =(

Killstreaks: Attack Copter, Chopper Gunner, Attack Dogs (holy **** these things are broken)

12-4
17-4
9-6 (looooooooooooooool I bad)
26 - 8
22 - 2
29 - 7
26 - 19 (Grenades only, Final Destination)
33 - 4
36 - 9
24 - 1 (the 1 death is because I needed to reset my killstreaks =9

At which point I stopped playing, because wow, casuals are bad.
You know how wrecked I'd get in competitive play? I probably wouldn't get a kill. What I did only proves how bad casual players are. It takes NO SKILL to do well in that game. Knifing is still one of the most broken things about CoD.

Now excuse me while I go and never touch another FPS again.
Basing your information on Casuals AKA same TV does not count since most people who dont play online suck

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!

Does your competitive level consist of being in a real clan or team and play against other real clans or teams?
The reason I don't do it is because it takes no skill. It's just like only forward smashing a noob in melee, there is no point. I have tried it, it wasn't any fun.

its just the same as the BRAWL situation when it first came out and all MELEE players where complaining about it
wut?

I didnt check because i didnt need to if you didnt notice I had a spy plane and none of the enemy team was using "ghost" so it wasnt needed. "
How would you know if they had ghost on, it doesn't look like you took the time to count the dots on your radar. #2. The radar only shows an opponent shooting and if you have a spy plane, the radar shows you where your enemys are every few seconds, if they don't have ghost. You might have picked up that they haven't used ghost while playing you earlier in that match, but who is to say they didn't switch classes? Also, your spy plane ended when you were in the middle of they map and the last sweep didn't show you very much. From then on you were just following gun shots and two guys you just saw running. I have nothing more to say about this clip. I have watched it about 20 time. Also, if you look at the beginning of your match, you are using "steady aim" which increases hip fire accuracy. No scope a few time with out it and i'll be impressed.

sleight of hand" is useful only if your aiming sucks or you dont have "scavenger" on.
Sleight of Hand:
Ability: Gives a faster reload time by reducing your weapons reload time in half. This is extremely useful with weapons that have long reload times, like shotguns and light machine guns.

Pro Ability: Allows you to aim down the sight ~50% faster than normal. This doesn't work with weapons that have scopes.

This perk increases the speed of aiming not accuracy.

"ninja" is only useful in S&D IMO the other modes people are always shooting so no time to sound *****
I disagree. There is always time to sound check. As a fact you should be doing this all the time.

Ninja:
Ability: Ninja allows you to walk, sprint and jump almost silently, therefore you can sneak behind enemies more easily. This is the equivalent of Dead Silence from Call of Duty 4.

Pro Ability: When you have this equipped enemies will be louder, it also makes you completely silent.

This perk makes it easier to get the drop on your opponent and keeps others with ninja from getting the drop on you. When I played in my clan wars, most of the other teams always used ninja. It is one of the most useful perks in the game.
MW2 QS take no skill since it does aim the crosshairs right on the person when you ADS its just fun.
unlike black ops, where you have to wait 1.5 seconds (unless you zoom into the second zoom variable scope only) before you shoot since in black ops it is hella nerfed
I play casual alot I dont stay back a little and try to get dogs every time i play. I have my own play style and you have yours
Some play styles are better than others.

First clip was hard scoping
Seriously??? The guy in the vid you posted below was also "hard scoping." That is what sniping has become and what it should have always been. The term "hard scoping" shouldn't even exist.

Second clips was a panic knife
Seriouslyx2??? First, it's obvious that the guy who died was outsmarted. Second, by "panic knife", you are saying that he panicked and knifed without thinking? You shouldn't have to think about knifing, it takes too long. "panic knifing" is based on fast reaction to the situation. It isn't broken. Third, what he did wasn't panic knifing. He ran into his opponent and side stepped into a knife. That side step shows cognitive thinking. Otherwise, it would just be an instant knife while running into him. "Panic knife" is another term that shouldn't exist. Like "hard scoping", this term was given because the people who get beat by it don't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmstk5dtawU

Watch how his crosshairs almost never are on target WE HAVE TO LINE THEM UP, WAIT A SECOND, AND THEN WE CAN SHOOT
His crosshairs were not on target only twice. If you watch closely, he lines up the crosshairs and then lets go of the zoom while shooting. The crosshairs are still on target in that state.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want to settle your differences, our monthly tournament at CGC (which I think VTS said he'd be interested in running) will have Black Ops (2v2). As someone who used to do competitive CoD... MW2 sniping was way too easy. Black Ops sniping was hella nerfed (before I stopped playing). Treyarch games are usually more competitive than IW games though.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
I'm just trying to settle the facts. I'm cool with joining the black ops tournament, but I have not way to prepare unless I can figure out a way to get my xbox reconnected to the university network. :( This network is why I haven't played since last fall. I also don't know who my team mate will be. Maybe saberguy or vts. When is the next monthly? You should host quakelive as well.

Edit: just bought this Universe Sandbox simulation game for 10.00. It's going to be cool once it gets installed.

Vts

Smash Champion
If you guys want to settle your differences, our monthly tournament at CGC (which I think VTS said he'd be interested in running) will have Black Ops (2v2). As someone who used to do competitive CoD... MW2 sniping was way too easy. Black Ops sniping was hella nerfed (before I stopped playing). Treyarch games are usually more competitive than IW games though.
well idk if i have off the 28th but i should

i'll keep you updated

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I'm just trying to settle the facts. I'm cool with joining the black ops tournament, but I have not way to prepare unless I can figure out a way to get my xbox reconnected to the university network. :( This network is why I haven't played since last fall. I also don't know who my team mate will be. Maybe saberguy or vts. When is the next monthly? You should host quakelive as well.
May 28th, good sir. Also, we'll host whatever people want. I'll talk to them about Quake Live for the next monthly. It'll probably be 3rd/4th weekend in June.
well idk if i have off the 28th but i should

i'll keep you updated
Thanks dude. I hope you get off haha.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Does your competitive level consist of being in a real clan or team and play against other real clans or teams?
The reason I don't do it is because it takes no skill. It's just like only forward smashing a noob in melee, there is no point. I have tried it, it wasn't any fun.

wut?

How would you know if they had ghost on, it doesn't look like you took the time to count the dots on your radar. #2. The radar only shows an opponent shooting and if you have a spy plane, the radar shows you where your enemys are every few seconds, if they don't have ghost. You might have picked up that they haven't used ghost while playing you earlier in that match, but who is to say they didn't switch classes? Also, your spy plane ended when you were in the middle of they map and the last sweep didn't show you very much. From then on you were just following gun shots and two guys you just saw running. I have nothing more to say about this clip. I have watched it about 20 time. Also, if you look at the beginning of your match, you are using "steady aim" which increases hip fire accuracy. No scope a few time with out it and i'll be impressed.

Sleight of Hand:
Ability: Gives a faster reload time by reducing your weapons reload time in half. This is extremely useful with weapons that have long reload times, like shotguns and light machine guns.

Pro Ability: Allows you to aim down the sight ~50% faster than normal. This doesn't work with weapons that have scopes.

This perk increases the speed of aiming not accuracy.

I disagree. There is always time to sound check. As a fact you should be doing this all the time.

Ninja:
Ability: Ninja allows you to walk, sprint and jump almost silently, therefore you can sneak behind enemies more easily. This is the equivalent of Dead Silence from Call of Duty 4.

Pro Ability: When you have this equipped enemies will be louder, it also makes you completely silent.

This perk makes it easier to get the drop on your opponent and keeps others with ninja from getting the drop on you. When I played in my clan wars, most of the other teams always used ninja. It is one of the most useful perks in the game.

Some play styles are better than others.

Seriously??? The guy in the vid you posted below was also "hard scoping." That is what sniping has become and what it should have always been. The term "hard scoping" shouldn't even exist.

Seriouslyx2??? First, it's obvious that the guy who died was outsmarted. Second, by "panic knife", you are saying that he panicked and knifed without thinking? You shouldn't have to think about knifing, it takes too long. "panic knifing" is based on fast reaction to the situation. It isn't broken. Third, what he did wasn't panic knifing. He ran into his opponent and side stepped into a knife. That side step shows cognitive thinking. Otherwise, it would just be an instant knife while running into him. "Panic knife" is another term that shouldn't exist. Like "hard scoping", this term was given because the people who get beat by it don't like it.

His crosshairs were not on target only twice. If you watch closely, he lines up the crosshairs and then lets go of the zoom while shooting. The crosshairs are still on target in that state.

For "NINJA": I sound ***** when i being a try hard

Competitive: Yes we both get on GB's and play other clans

Just like Brawl/melee rage: it just the same two things in the same franchise one is hated on more than the other just because its newer than the old style of play (MELEE PLYRS most of them HATE BRAWL just for the new engine)

Video I posted: I agree that there was some hard scoping.

Yesterday my friend brought over his 360, I tried to QuickScope and I couldnt do it as easily as i could on the Wii version

Steady Aim: It is skill to no-scope with it on without it, it is completely random and you will miss most of the time as said by the legendary sniper (aka best sniper in COD ever as said by treyarch and IW) zzirGrizz

No one likes to be panic knifed since its just a thumb flex away (on wii using CCP its "X" to knife) HardScope is considered camping and apparently most of the community hates campers (I hate them when they get cheap kills but I cant stop it so IDC)

In the end it comes down to we have to play each other on both consoles to see who is better considering I have more experience on wii and you have more on 360

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Loooooooool, memk.

Anyway, my brother is getting married on the 28th.
Can the monthly be moved a week forward or back? :crying:

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
For "NINJA": I sound ***** when i being a try hard

Competitive: Yes we both get on GB's and play other clans

Just like Brawl/melee rage: it just the same two things in the same franchise one is hated on more than the other just because its newer than the old style of play (MELEE PLYRS most of them HATE BRAWL just for the new engine)

Video I posted: I agree that there was some hard scoping.

Yesterday my friend brought over his 360, I tried to QuickScope and I couldnt do it as easily as i could on the Wii version

Steady Aim: It is skill to no-scope with it on without it, it is completely random and you will miss most of the time as said by the legendary sniper (aka best sniper in COD ever as said by treyarch and IW) zzirGrizz

No one likes to be panic knifed since its just a thumb flex away (on wii using CCP its "X" to knife) HardScope is considered camping and apparently most of the community hates campers (I hate them when they get cheap kills but I cant stop it so IDC)

In the end it comes down to we have to play each other on both consoles to see who is better considering I have more experience on wii and you have more on 360
I guess I'm done with this argument, because the main point was to show that quick scoping and no scoping takes no skill. You are not agreeing or disagreeing with me, so I have nothing else to add. The point of this was not to show who was better, but if you really want to I'll play a 1v1 with you. I also refuse to play on the wii.:urg:
cutchycutchychu

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for the logo it'd be appreciated...

I don't think I'll ever get one. :glare:
I think simple text with a simple picture icon would work. Simplistic often looks better. You could go on paint or where ever and just figure out what fonts you want to use. I through this together in 5 seconds after I downloaded the blade font.

there is also this option, but you will have to figure out what you want your picture icon to be. These are just ideas.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Yo Saber, our side has graphic designers as well if you want to use some of our resources. Just tell me what you need and I'll ask my guy to do it for you (if that's what you want to do).

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Haha well it wouldn't be June 28th, but I'll let you know when we set the date for it.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Yo Saber, our side has graphic designers as well if you want to use some of our resources. Just tell me what you need and I'll ask my guy to do it for you (if that's what you want to do).
Yeah that would be great. I liked the simplicity of the temp logo you guys made for us on the ARK 3 stream, though I was thinking of red and black for the colors/background.

All I say is keep it simple yet effective.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that would be great. I liked the simplicity of the temp logo you guys made for us on the ARK 3 stream, though I was thinking of red and black for the colors/background.

All I say is keep it simple yet effective.
I'll talk to the guy who did it for ARK III and see if I can get you a logo soon. He's a very busy guy though so he usually doesn't get back to me for a while haha. But I'll send the word.

Top Bottom