• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Memk jokes because he knows his place. If he really thought he was on our level after I beat him with my seasoned DK and 4 stocked him in all four matches that we played consecutively, then I would recommend some form of medical help.

Not to mention he was handily beaten by the weakest of our group...3 times back to back to back.

Vts

Smash Champion
k guess i'll come grab u :)

we can go anywhere u want as long as it's not out 30 miles of little rock

also my double 4 stocking memk with my falcon that i don't really count as a character

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Memk jokes because he knows his place. If he really thought he was on our level after I beat him with my seasoned DK and 4 stocked him in all four matches that we played consecutively, then I would recommend some form of medical help.

Not to mention he was handily beaten by the weakest of our group...3 times back to back to back.
GVICE IS RIGHT MY PLACE IS ABOVE THE REST.

that was then this is now except DK everyone i know doesnt play him except you so im not used to his metagame yet

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby's DK isn't quite as good as mine, so yeah it'd be a good challenge for you Memk :)

hey Arby/Yoshi how'd finals go??

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
I expect that we will probably get worse for a bit while we learn all the proper stuff. After that everything should progress in a positive way, I hope.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
In the process of making the tournament thread for the May 28th tourney that I've talked to some of you guys about. Before I can post it, we need a name. If we use your name, you will get entrance AND one tournament paid for.

Details

Name: (See above)

Date: May 28th, 2011

2455 Washington Ave Suite 104 & 105
Conway, AR USA 72032
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...ult&ct=directions-to&resnum=2&ved=0CB4QngIwAQ

Price: $5 venue, $10 per fighting game, $5 per every other game.

List of Games:
Super Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9
Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mystery Game Tournament
Halo: Reach, Call of Duty (MW2 -OR- BO, not sure yet), Gears of War 2

Schedule:
12-1:30 - Registration
2-4 - CoD, Mortal Kombat 9, Brawl
4-6 - Melee, Gears, MvC3
6-8 - Halo, SSF4, Mystery (?)
8 - Rock Band 3

Setups: Melee is the only thing I'm worried about with consoles. We should have at least a few, but it'd be good for y'all to bring some as well.

Food will be provided, but it won't be unlimited. It'll probably be ~1 plate. There will be a vending machine for drinks.

Rules: Fighting games will be standard ruleset. FPS games will be MLG rules. Rock Band will be a casual ruleset which takes into account entertaining the crowd.

Any questions/suggestions? I'm all ears.

Also, if you guys have any MAJOR suggestions for ARK IV, let me know ASAP. Planning is going on for that right now and I'd like to hammer out the major details within the next few weeks.

Oh and VTS, if you want to run Smash, feel free. If not, we can find someone else.

Vts

Smash Champion
I expect that we will probably get worse for a bit while we learn all the proper stuff. After that everything should progress in a positive way, I hope.
Yeah we all know what the good thing to do is

problem is doing it all the time and properly

this game u can go pretty far with being little sloppy with tech skill but u still need to be really good at it

also pick any character that you feel is good.

except kirby he's not good ever

Videos are your best friend unless your character is kirby then GL finding good kirby videos

but for quickest results top tier are the way to go

bad part is everyone know's those match ups or at least should

any character at high level play can go far, cosmo playing zelda won a lot of tournaments with a bad character.

Don't be afraid to try other characters, if you don't feel like your improving with your character either watch more videos or pick up another character for a while then go back and see if you've improved somewhere.

so far we have IC main (me), Fox/Marth/falcon main (arby), Fox main(chamberlin), Ganon (G. vice), Fox/falco/falcon? (saberguy idk his main), Falcon (yoshiman). Ace is another and but he's in texas for school/work but he plays a lot of characters at high level.

So for power rankings it's really somewhere like
1. Chamberlin
2. Arby/G.Vice/Ace
5. VTS
6. Seif
7. Yoshiman

Vts

Smash Champion
In the process of making the tournament thread for the May 28th tourney that I've talked to some of you guys about. Before I can post it, we need a name. If we use your name, you will get entrance AND one tournament paid for.

Details

Name: (See above)

Date: May 28th, 2011

2455 Washington Ave Suite 104 & 105
Conway, AR USA 72032
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...ult&ct=directions-to&resnum=2&ved=0CB4QngIwAQ

Price: $5 venue, $10 per fighting game, $5 per every other game.

List of Games:
Super Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9
Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mystery Game Tournament
Halo: Reach, Call of Duty (MW2 -OR- BO, not sure yet), Gears of War 2

Schedule:
12-1:30 - Registration
2-4 - CoD, Mortal Kombat 9, Brawl
4-6 - Melee, Gears, MvC3
6-8 - Halo, SSF4, Mystery (?)
8 - Rock Band 3

Setups: Melee is the only thing I'm worried about with consoles. We should have at least a few, but it'd be good for y'all to bring some as well.

Food will be provided, but it won't be unlimited. It'll probably be ~1 plate. There will be a vending machine for drinks.

Rules: Fighting games will be standard ruleset. FPS games will be MLG rules. Rock Band will be a casual ruleset which takes into account entertaining the crowd.

Any questions/suggestions? I'm all ears.

Also, if you guys have any MAJOR suggestions for ARK IV, let me know ASAP. Planning is going on for that right now and I'd like to hammer out the major details within the next few weeks.

Oh and VTS, if you want to run Smash, feel free. If not, we can find someone else.
Yeah i'll run it and if needed i'll run other events just ask ok.

also for Ark IV i'm trying to call this Branden House place and see if we can rent out that place and make it a huge tournament but no answer past times i've called but sept 3rd is smash and thrash 2 from gamecon.

will find a venue very soon and start advertising around june/july ok

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i'll run it and if needed i'll run other events just ask ok.

also for Ark IV i'm trying to call this Branden House place and see if we can rent out that place and make it a huge tournament but no answer past times i've called but sept 3rd is smash and thrash 2 from gamecon.

will find a venue very soon and start advertising around june/july ok
Thanks dude. I think we've worked out a solution with Game Zone Alpha. The owner seems like he really wants to promote the hell out of this and he seems like he'll be very helpful. Also, ARK IV is looking like 3rd weekend of September.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Anyone at UALR or willing to come here, Yoshiman and I are moving into North Hall next Tuesday. We're staying the summer and are free to play Smash anytime.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll want to take a break in between essays sometime soon.

We're in East Hall right now.
wellllll I wanna play right now so when you get ready for break lemme know. btw I need to borrow a controller cuz I left mine with clay and he has it in his car

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
That's right boys, what we did to Seif's myanimelist was MONDO cool.

A month as Vegeta_F@g... that's the real winner. Have fun with it Seif!

P.S. Fix your birthday and the scores on your three favorite shows. You can stay in the Vegeta Lovers club if you really want to.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
smashy smash smash smash. I'm done for the year and want to smash.

Also, what the hell happened to my sig? :*(

Vts

Smash Champion
Description:
Now that Rusty is going to A.S.M. we are looking for a person to take his place within our group.

Applicant must be the exact opposite of Rusty personallity wise which means that they must be outgoing, fun loving, caring and have a great sense of humor.

Other requirements are a vast intelligence, a thirst for knowledge, and the abillity to put up a conclusive argument aginst the rest our group for at least one min.and appilcant must be a Junior.

So good luck everyone.

wtf is this rusty?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
One to talk from a guy who's feet are like boats

$300 special shoes

sad times huh
I guess me buying the shoes to help my boat feet would be better than your approach would be of sitting and johning about how your feet hurting giving you no options :D

and that Arby that was hurtful, if it hadn't been true. Those shoes really help though.

Top Bottom