• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Description:
Now that Rusty is going to A.S.M. we are looking for a person to take his place within our group.

Applicant must be the exact opposite of Rusty personality wise which means that they must be outgoing, fun loving, caring and have a great sense of humor.

Other requirements are a vast intelligence, a thirst for knowledge, and the ability to put up a conclusive argument against the rest our group for at least one min.and applicant must be a Junior.
I MUST meet this person once you find him.

Just to kick his ***.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
You might could kick his tookus in real life(MAYBE the guy's buff)

but in smash he'd bend you over and let you have it friend
The guy is theoretically broken and bleeding on the ground. He's in no condition to be smashing. :awesome:

And just in case he is, I break his thumbs too.

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
Who are you? It will be awesome once we get in the apartments then you guys can come and stay as long as you like.

Goblocks, do you watch anime or scifi shows?
Sorry, I didn't see this before. Yeah, I watch my fair share. If you are asking who I am, well, I was at Smash 'n Thrash in my group of around five bros; I had the backpack, long hair.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Shigurui: Death Frenzy without a doubt. Too bad there is only one "season" of it. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.
Your favorite? It's decent. Wouldn't put it number 1 though. More like number 200.

Although, I've only read the manga. The anime might be better.

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
Your favorite? It's decent. Wouldn't put it number 1 though. More like number 200.

Although, I've only read the manga. The anime might be better.
A good number of people don't like it. I guess it's slow, but I have the patience. The anime really builds the suspense. I love the historical fiction feel of it. To each their own, though.

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
oh, I'll watch it. My favorite will have to be Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Have you seen Outlaw Star or Cowboy Bebop? If not, I think you would defiantly watch them.
Oh, yeah, those are classics. I'm more partial to the fantasy or sword-fighting animes, but that doesn't mean I don't like sci-fi stuff. I'm finishing up Basilisk currently and reading Vagabond. They are going well enough.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I have a Saberguy excuse, except I'm actually telling the truth :troll:. My sister is graduating from UofA, so I'll be up there the next two days. Theeen I have to study for realz because my finals on Monday and Tuesday are dangerous to the welfare of my GPA.

Goblocks, do you read fantasy books?

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
I tried to watch Basilisk a few days ago. I dropped it because I have seen that same story over 9000 time in movies and other anime. Since I already new what was going to happen I didn't see the point in continuing to watch it. Although I have a small list of sword fighting anime that I've seen:

Afro Samurai===Don't watch this, it is terrible.
Bamboo Blade
Berserk
Fate/Stay Night
Samurai Champloo
Sengoku Basara
Sword of the Stranger
Legend of the Legendary Heroes == Mondo Cool

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
I tried to watch Basilisk a few days ago. I dropped it because I have seen that same story over 9000 time in movies and other anime. Since I already new what was going to happen I didn't see the point in continuing to watch it. Although I have a small list of sword fighting anime that I've seen:

Afro Samurai===Don't watch this, it is terrible.
Bamboo Blade
Berserk
Fate/Stay Night
Samurai Champloo
Sengoku Basara
Sword of the Stranger
Legend of the Legendary Heroes == Mondo Cool
Yeah, Basilisk is predictable but I haven't grown tired of it yet (and I'm almost finished). I've watched a few episodes of Samurai Champloo. I should probably continue it. I'll look up those other ones and try 'em out.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
I have a Saberguy excuse, except I'm actually telling the truth :troll:. My sister is graduating from UofA, so I'll be up there the next two days. Theeen I have to study for realz because my finals on Monday and Tuesday are dangerous to the welfare of my GPA.

Wait wait, no Tora Dora?

Goblocks

Smash Rookie

Not really but I play D&D. I love fantasy, don't get me wrong- most fantasy books seem like garbage (probably untrue). LotR is awesome, but who doesn't think that?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
We can still watch Toradora tonight (or now). I don't need to leave until 3 or 4 AM.
/I haven't been clear yet. I'm leaving for Fayetteville around noon on Friday (tomorrow).

Most fantasy IS garbage, but most of anything is garbage. If you like LotR, check out the Silmarillion if you haven't already. It's a ridiculously better what-came-before-LotR epic. (Skip the first 50 pages of singing the universe into existence if you don't have the patience.)

I won't overload you with a list because Yoshiman already has and fantasy is more of a commitment than anime, but if you're ever curious... March Hare and Raven Knight have read more than me too.

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
We can still watch Toradora tonight (or now). I don't need to leave until 3 or 4 AM.

Most fantasy IS garbage, but most of anything is garbage. If you like LotR, check out the Silmarillion if you haven't already. It's a ridiculously better what-came-before-LoTR epic. (Skip the first 50 pages of singing the universe into existence if you don't have the patience.)

I won't overload you with a list because Yoshiman already has and fantasy is more of a commitment than anime, but if you're ever curious... March Hare and Raven Knight have read more than me too.
I should have a good amount of free time this summer to do whatever. Any suggestions are appreciated. I loosely know about the Silmarillion and the mythos behind Middle Earth and stuff.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Arby's got the hook up on fantasy. I love me some Mistborn and Dark Tower thanks to him.

Also, you should make a MyAnimeList so we can judge you.

Also, I'm the Doc player.

Arby and Yoshi. I'm about to head to that Jiffy Lube across the street for an Oil change and will head over to the dorms while it's getting done if that's okay.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
If you have any kind of imagination, the Silmarillion turns into the best movie series you never saw. I want a movie adaptation so bad it hurts.

Shirley, Seif.

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
We haven't played as a group yet, but our DM is ready for us to make our characters. We're going to play 3.5. We plan to start the campaign some time this summer, I really don't know when.
Count me in if you need another person. I've played 3.5 and 4th- more 3.5. Just give me the details, and I'll do whatever I need to.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I should have a good amount of free time this summer to do whatever. Any suggestions are appreciated. I loosely know about the Silmarillion and the mythos behind Middle Earth and stuff.
For a beginning fantasy reader:

Wheel of Time (don't feel commited to finishing the entire series, just read the first 2 or 3 books as a taste)
Mistborn series
The Name of the Wind
Abarat
The Foundling Tale series

They're all fairly easy reads. Good for people adjusting to fantasy.

Also, 4.0>3.5. Stop living in the past. :)

Goblocks

Smash Rookie
For a beginning fantasy reader:

Wheel of Time (don't feel commited to finishing the entire series, just read the first 2 or 3 books as a taste)
Mistborn series
The Name of the Wind
Abarat
The Foundling Tale series

They're all fairly easy reads. Good for people adjusting to fantasy.

Also, 4.0>3.5. Stop living in the past. :)
4th is simplified and more balanced, in my opinion. I like it; its easier. 3.5, I don't know, I guess its the nostalgia that comes with it.

Top Bottom