• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yeah, that's a joke. he's the real deal hooolyfieeeeld

that guy is right. I've hated sandstorm since the first time I heard it, but they kinda make it work.

ahhhhh I've never smiled so hard at a smash vid. this is definitely not TAS by the way. VERY obviously so.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I did a lot of searching to see whether or not I was being trolled, and he is the real deal as far as I can tell. Some of his movements seem unreal, but I think he might actually be legit. That's some crazy talent if so. The most technical Fox stuff ever. It looked like he did some of the Silent Wolf stuff just to be like "See, I can do this too" but his original combos were insane.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
yeah, that's a joke. he's the real deal hooolyfieeeeld

that guy is right. I've hated sandstorm since the first time I heard it, but they kinda make it work.

ahhhhh I've never smiled so hard at a smash vid. this is definitely not TAS by the way. VERY obviously so.
I didn't think it was at first, then I read cham's post and assumed he knew his stuff.

But now, I'm like WOW that's ridiculous. He's the "fox in socks" fox right? So legit.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
you can see the dedicated practice behind his gameplay. it isn't so much "how is that possible" like with TAS, but rather admiring his consistency. he's at a point that this stuff has become just another tool, like nair or wavedash. because of that, he can get crazy creative on REAL opponents rather than only doing all that in practice, then playing normally like every other fox. OR to be a cynic, it was all set-up or he only did these clips once every 100 matches. I don't care though, it was still entertaining and he DID do that stuff. combo video mission complete.

*I actually didn't like fox in socks because it really was a lot of "I can do this too," and otherwise not that impressive or interesting. this video is somewhat different LOL.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
you can see the dedicated practice behind his gameplay. it isn't so much "how is that possible" like with TAS, but rather admiring his consistency. he's at a point that this stuff has become just another tool, like nair or wavedash. because of that, he can get crazy creative on REAL opponents rather than only doing all that in practice, then playing normally like every other fox. OR to be a cynic, it was all set-up or he only did these clips once every 100 matches. I don't care though, it was still entertaining and he DID do that stuff. combo video mission complete.

*I actually didn't like fox in socks because it really was a lot of "I can do this too," and otherwise not that impressive or interesting. this video is somewhat different LOL.
The application of this stuff was sickkkk

Best video of 2011 probably. Why even waste time with Devour 2? :(

G. Vice

Smash Lord
yeah, CVs for the next couple months and all fox videos forever are hurting because of this thing
At least I don't main fox. If I mained fox or any other "technical" character I'd go ahead and just hang it up as far as making vids goes. At least my character is considered dull and boring by the vast majority of smashers.

Speaking of which Arby, have you even had time to start Devour 2? I imagine school's got you tied up pretty good don't it?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately not. on the days I'm not with seif, saber, vts, chamber, or something, I've had schoolwork. that should be clearing out this week though.

I was thinking that the thing about being consistent at tech stuff applies to all the exceptional playstyles, like yours or jack's. with practice, it wouldn't be too hard to do any one of those things. however, you guys keep it going all match, every match, because it's just a part of you at this point. same for dark I'd imagine, but he uses fox so people lose their cookies over it. tech skill in melee is funny that way.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
unfortunately not. on the days I'm not with seif, saber, vts, chamber, or something, I've had schoolwork. that should be clearing out this week though.

I was thinking that the thing about being consistent at tech stuff applies to all the exceptional playstyles, like yours or jack's. with practice, it wouldn't be too hard to do any one of those things. however, you guys keep it going all match, every match, because it's just a part of you at this point. same for dark I'd imagine, but he uses fox so people lose their cookies over it. tech skill in melee is funny that way.
Cool, I'm seriously looking forward to your work with Devour 2. I know you'll make it great. Speaking of which, are you using that special program for making it that yoshiman has, that has all those cool effects? Or we just going the old fashioned route?

And yeah, I kinda know what you mean. I too get more "WOWed" by fox/falco tech skill, probably just because I know how fast the fingers must be running, and how much precision is needed. But then again, when I see Jack play that sexy Samus I get impressed as well. Or when I watch Spidersense's Ganon, it just makes me wish I had the time to devote to becoming that technically adept with Ganon.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I have after effects, but I'm not a fan of the FPS/brawl approach to videos, at least for melee. your call though. I don't mind.

yep, tech skill is just time and effort. we could all use more of both :\
I can't think of anything in melee that is literally beyond the realm of possibility for most people to learn

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I have after effects, but I'm not a fan of the FPS/brawl approach to videos, at least for melee. your call though. I don't mind.
As long as it has some of the effects you had in Devour 1, like slowing down for emphasis or something, or maybe if there's a really cool combo in there like repeating it like in Scar videos, and stuff like that I'll be fine with it. I just can't remember what the combos are like, so I'm itching to see it synced with that beautiful music we call rap :D

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I'd say most efficiently technical. he combines the abilities of a techy player with the mindset of a winner, which is amazing. silent wolf does it too.

enter the wu-tang (36 CHAMBERLINS)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
B'aw, you guys are making me blush. I dunno about all that, but it's good to be respected by good players such as yourselves.

I honestly am busier with school and stuff now than I care to be. When I start "working" I'll have more free time, and then maybe with 4 days off a week I will be able to travel to tournies!! Maybe.

Btw, my favorite thing about the Perfect Dark video is at 3:07-3:13. He's going with the triplet synthesizer in the background and it's awesome. dun dunn dun, dun dunn dun (with Shine, shine, dair) and it's beautiful. not to mention the ganon doesn't get to move at all the first stock 0_0

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Pretty much everytime he did an infinite wallshine it was amazing. The bar has been raised SO high for Fox tech skill. I'm glad I don't claim to be technical, or I'd feel shamed

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'd feel shamed
You know good and well you have no shame Clay.

I mean really. Sir Shinesalot and Buddy Backair have brought you to a corrupt point in smash where you gain some sort of feeling of joy to shine once and edge hog for your stocks.

Don't come up in here speaking about things such as shame, honor, or pride. Of these you have naught an inkling of!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

G. Vice

Smash Lord
He hasn't been unnoticed lol. He's put out quite a few videos, along with Star and Ghost.
They're good players, just not in the top 5 in Chile.
I guess he just went unnoticed to me since I'm not an avid smash video viewer :C

j00t

Smash Champion
Still could use a teammate for SMYM12.

Jack? We haven't teamed in a while. I don't care much about winning in teams though so you'll have to carry me.

Isn't that the best advertisement ever?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Still could use a teammate for SMYM12.

Jack? We haven't teamed in a while. I don't care much about winning in teams though so you'll have to carry me.

Isn't that the best advertisement ever?
Sorry that it can't be me carrying you in teams :(

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
ctfl+f "orgo lab"
results error </wrists>
do your work! secure your future! hide yo kids! exclamation point!!

m2k said he's retiring, and it might be serious this time. it's been a long, a long time comin', but I know a change gon' come. his friendlies with lolmaster were taken off of youtube too. how will I get my fix now!?

Top Bottom