• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Ignore Iori. He's not coming because he's scared. After he won Melée at the last ARK, VTS did some hyperbolic training and Iori's not man enough to face it.
Figures. I knew AR didn't show up last time because they wanted the other states to build their confidence up. Now that we're showing up in numbers (I hope) everyone else is running away. :chuckle:

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
MAJOR NEW UPDATE for ARK II
-The venue will have custom arcade cabinets of games such as the original Street Fighter 2 and Vanguard Princess set to FREE PLAY. Enjoy! (Major update since Vanguard Princess looks AWESOME haha).
Pics of the game are here: Vanguard Princess
- Vanguard Princess features all anime girls, lolis, and plenty of panty shots. If that doesn't get more attendees, I don't know what will haha.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
lol comeback ftw, the double bair to edgeguard was massive justice

Also, cause it has to be said: ****ing Ice Climbers. I hate you so very very much.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
DOUBLE POST!

@SmokeMaxX - I just looked at the ARK thing and it says the tourny is going on from 12:00pm - 11:30pm, meaning I could actually make the first part of the tourny. In what order will you be running things? I'd like to make Melee and/or Blazblue if at all possible. Although, I may just show up anyway just to say "Hey" and support as much as possible.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
DOUBLE POST!

@SmokeMaxX - I just looked at the ARK thing and it says the tourny is going on from 12:00pm - 11:30pm, meaning I could actually make the first part of the tourny. In what order will you be running things? I'd like to make Melee and/or Blazblue if at all possible. Although, I may just show up anyway just to say "Hey" and support as much as possible.
You weren't gonna be able to make it? That sucks.

Anyway, the order is as follows:

Registration for Set 1: Noon-2PM
Tournament Set 1: 2:30PM - End
Registration for Set 2: Noon-3PM
Tournament Set 2: 3:30PM - End

Set 1: BlazBlue: CS, Tekken 6, HDR
Set 2: Super Smash Brothers Melee, Mystery Game Tournament, TvC
I just edited out Set 3 since you said you just wanted to play Melee/BlazBlue. What time do you need to leave by?

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Disclaimer: Just so everyone knows, spectators still have to pay the entrance fee to get in since we are being charged PER PERSON venue fee and each person will get pizza/drinks provided for (as well as unlimited free play). Just want to make this clear since people will NOT be allowed in without one of our wrist bands and we'd like to avoid the problem before it begins.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Why does every song have spelling errors? That's just obnoxious.
Yeah, it can be pretty bad at times. But still, it makes my little weaboo inside happy. A animu-girl typing game with pretty pictures filled with OPs and EDs.

Thanks Arby, I haven't played this in awhile. It's buried in my favorites and I had completely forgot about it.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it can be pretty bad at times. But still, it makes my little weaboo inside happy. A animu-girl typing game with pretty pictures filled with OPs and EDs.

Thanks Arby, I haven't played this in awhile. It's buried in my favorites and I had completely forgot about it.
ARK II Incoming! GET HYPE!

Vts

Smash Champion
Does anyone know where the vids for ARK 2 might be?
all i know is i started to suck after the first 2-3 matches in grand finals lol

should have won!!!

o well good games chamberlin you started to play better in grand finals than in winners lol.

i'll get you next time!!!

u'll all see me play even better!

also next time instead of a hand shake lets hug so we can just trade sweat juices :D

also i want these videos so i can take some crap for my combo video.

also results are (i only remmber like top 5)

1.chambermaid
2. Very Terrible Smasher
3. Ace
4. Arby
5. Anden
5. Seif

stupid 4/7 was way to much for grand finals 2 sets lol

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Someone give me some tips.

I CAN'T EFFIN WAVESHINE IN MELEE.

(i said melee because you can waveshine in brawl with hacks of course)

Vts

Smash Champion
got blazblue learning tsubaki and going to learn makoto once she is out

but its fun might bring it over tomorrow when i come to play smash with yoshiman.

only have 1 arcade stick though

memk- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmGIOcWdsM part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fLbJTnV3IE might be this video idk gl lol

watch them all they all help a little not much but should be able to show u how to wavedash if not maybe grabbed from videos

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Someone give me some tips.

I CAN'T EFFIN WAVESHINE IN MELEE.

(i said melee because you can waveshine in brawl with hacks of course)
Stand on your head while you're trying to waveshine then go back to trying to do it while you're sitting. You'll fine how much easier it is when right side up and you'll be able to do it.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
memk- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmGIOcWdsM part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fLbJTnV3IE might be this video idk gl lol

watch them all they all help a little not much but should be able to show u how to wavedash if not maybe grabbed from videos

I've watched them let me be more clear.

I CAN'T MOVE MY THUMBS FAST ENOUGH.

Waveshine is the only thing damaging my fox game when I play.

But I'm going to watch them again to learn.

Vts

Smash Champion
I've watched them let me be more clear.

I CAN'T MOVE MY THUMBS FAST ENOUGH.

Waveshine is the only thing damaging my fox game when I play.

But I'm going to watch them again to learn.
what are you doing tomorrow?

if you want you can come to ular with me and play smash and i can teach you.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Ok since i live within walking distance if ualr I might be able too.

What time?

I've got a free day all week and next week.

Only problem at home I don't have melee my copy got really messed up (from babysitting) the disc got really scratched up and I haven't been able to find another one anywhere.

I can wavedash, SHFFL(not very well), just about everything else I can almost do except fox's shorthop that is also a problem.

Vts

Smash Champion
Ok since i live within walking distance if ualr I might be able too.

What time?

I've got a free day all week and next week.
I'll be heading over there around 1ish after lunch and after i take my violin to the repair shop to get it repaired.

but my number is 501-743-9497 if you need to call me or txt me.

should be good if both arby and yoshi are there since they are allowed like 2 guests.

but i can teach you almost any character except for like idk IC i just don't really understand them fully :D

really i can't teach low tiers, what character do you play cus if its not in the top 10 then pick a different character :S

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I'll be heading over there around 1ish after lunch and after i take my violin to the repair shop to get it repaired.

but my number is 501-743-9497 if you need to call me or txt me.

should be good if both arby and yoshi are there since they are allowed like 2 guests.

but i can teach you almost any character except for like idk IC i just don't really understand them fully :D

really i can't teach low tiers, what character do you play cus if its not in the top 10 then pick a different character :S
I main fox since the first one.

Also what door and all of that information where should i stand

My number is 501-580-6031

Winnar

Smash Lord
hi arkansas how's it going?

memk - don't worry about moving your hands fast enough, it just comes with time. Just remember these two words and you'll be very successful at smash: No johns.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
also another 2 words are.

don't suck :D
Well i kind of thought of that.

So Vts since i beat you at RTGC have you been playing brawl more?

Or do you have brawl at all?

By the way do you mean the apartments down the street from and sonic?

Top Bottom