• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Notice:
ARK II Venue has been set. Details will be incoming as soon as we settle the date down. Which of the following weekends would be best for everyone:
July 17th, July 24th, July 31st (all Saturdays).

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
ROFL... why is your Falco so low Vice?

I vote for the 17th...it's the closest and I'm impatient. =)

+1 for the 17th
Thanks for your reply. I feel like the 17th is the least likely to happen (mostly because of Evolution 2010). So the 24th would be best for you right now?

I know others have mentioned doing it on the 31st so that the dates mix well for LRGC's Road to Gamecon event. Anyway, we are continuing to ask people to get the best possible date for our event.

ARK II is going to be for the people, so we're trying to accommodate everybody (as far as possible!).

Any more input on when ARK II should be?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
G. Vice, do you have a preference on how your intro goes? I was thinking about text reading "A Ganon Combo Video" and "Starring Arkansas Smash Society's G. Vice" like you suggested, but I'm not sure where to put it. Over a black (or other color) background before getting to the first clip (slowed down before the beat, also like you suggested), or over the first clip itself, before combo starts? Also, any particular font?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. Vice, do you have a preference on how your intro goes? I was thinking about text reading "A Ganon Combo Video" and "Starring Arkansas Smash Society's G. Vice" like you suggested, but I'm not sure where to put it. Over a black (or other color) background before getting to the first clip (slowed down before the beat, also like you suggested), or over the first clip itself, before combo starts? Also, any particular font?
Probably like a purple(ganon-like) color over a black background at the beginning before the actual stuff starts happening. Don't waste any of the good music when it drops the beat on it though. And some font that looks cool and ganony :D

Your discretion at that interpretation.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Hi Arkansas. Are you guys planning on going to POE? My crew from Texas (SOS, Wobbles, JF, and me) are trying to figure out our driving plans for getting to POE. The Little Rock area is on the way and it would be really amazing if we could stay with some smashers there Thursday night, then head up to Indiana on Friday. Whaddaya say? Pre-tourney smashfest?

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Hi Arkansas. Are you guys planning on going to POE? My crew from Texas (SOS, Wobbles, JF, and me) are trying to figure out our driving plans for getting to POE. The Little Rock area is on the way and it would be really amazing if we could stay with some smashers there Thursday night, then head up to Indiana on Friday. Whaddaya say? Pre-tourney smashfest?
I would like that, but we can't have 4 people in our dorms. Vts, can you do it?

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I could actually house you guys since Jonesboro is pretty close to the path there if you guys felt like it, I have room for 10+ ppl just need to bring some sleeping bags n pillows. If my crew wanted to stay over that night as well that would be cool.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Notice:
ARK II Venue has been set. Details will be incoming as soon as we settle the date down. Which of the following weekends would be best for everyone:
July 17th, July 24th, July 31st (all Saturdays).
31st, absolutely. I have to work the 24th.

If nothing else, I would also be able to attend on the 17th as well.

-Edit- Also, if you wait until the 31st, Blazblue: Continuum Shift will be released.

Whichever you choose, if you bang out some fliers, I'd be glad to spread 'em around.

Vts

Smash Champion

Done!

yeah all day u guys are cool to stay here its in NLR so just little further from littlerock and from where your coming (15-20m).

but this is a new house i'm only one moved in so far so got enough floor space and a spare air mattress (i got my memory foam if anyone wants to sleep on that with me.

but basicly since my parents aren't moved in yet we need to keep it as clean as possible.

but i'll have 2 set ups.

3737 Lakeshore Drive, North Little Rock, AR

edit- if you need my number 501-743-9497

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Unless something drastic happens, it looks like ARK II will be on July 31st. There have been 2 nays and like 20 yays for it.

VTS- any likelihood of you showing up?

Also, any suggestions from the Smash crew? I know there's been interest in a 2v2 tourney... AND last ARK we only had like 13 smashers per game (melee/brawl) so know anything to get turnout higher?

Thanks guys.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Unless something drastic happens, it looks like ARK II will be on July 31st. There have been 2 nays and like 20 yays for it.

VTS- any likelihood of you showing up?

Also, any suggestions from the Smash crew? I know there's been interest in a 2v2 tourney... AND last ARK we only had like 13 smashers per game (melee/brawl) so know anything to get turnout higher?

Thanks guys.
I am also in favor of the 31st

Viiiice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1Hd8PfwVs

What needs a-fixin'? Whenever you think the public is ready to see it, make a thread in the combo video section and whatever else you do. I don't think Health Inspectors ever got a thread :\

Excellent song choice. It synced so nicely.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I am also in favor of the 31st

Viiiice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1Hd8PfwVs

What needs a-fixin'? Whenever you think the public is ready to see it, make a thread in the combo video section and whatever else you do. I don't think Health Inspectors ever got a thread :\

Excellent song choice. It synced so nicely.
Awww yeah! I'm so excited! I can't see it at the moment, but I will let you know what I think when I get off work and check it out!

BunBun

Smash Master
Last I checked, we definitely needed you.

My number is 901-lololol-496-lolololnospam-5240. Text me if you need.

My PM box has 73/70 messages lol.

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
Hey do any of you guys play hon? My screen name is alan on there, I've got some friends who play all the time and I play all the time too if you are interested.

BunBun

Smash Master
Saber, my phone died yesterday (and now miraculously works again despite being washed in the washing machine). We're not leaving til like 5pm on friday, but if you need to come up today I'll have to figure out a place for you to stay, as everyone works during the day.

Vts

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna smash for a while?
can it be later got a lot of stuff todo ><. also i'll get my TVs asap

but wobbles,bluezaft, maybe sos,and jesusfreak are coming over later tonight if you want to play some OOS people.

they are going to text me when they are coming.

and if you reading this jesusfreak post it also since i'll be upgrading to iphone soon and it maybe off for a few hours before i can use it.

BunBun

Smash Master
VTS, multiple things:

My mother washed my iphone last night and now it's pretty fscked. Do you still have your old one?

Also, get JF to text me or something regarding teammates, as I no longer have SOS due to johns.

Vts

Smash Champion
VTS, multiple things:

My mother washed my iphone last night and now it's pretty fscked. Do you still have your old one?

Also, get JF to text me or something regarding teammates, as I no longer have SOS due to johns.

i had the lg shine before the iphone lol.

so no spare iphone.

i'll ask him once he gets here around 11

Top Bottom