• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice

i get off work at 10 pm if you want to hang out or go see a movie :).

it can be like old time!!!!

minus the mice :D

we should go see robin hood.

bunbun u should come also XD
Thanks, but by that time Eth and Kev will be back. :p Also, I'm saving monies for Mario Galaxy 2.

You're welcome to come over and hang out anyway though.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Nice Iori!! Props to Arc and Boomstick, those guys are no joke. Good stuff Jack, and Arby it's good to have you reppin' Arkansas <3

Handorin

Smash Hero
Actually, it was 2-0 since pools were out of 2 for whatever reason. Darkrain beat him in a friendly right after lol

chamberlin

Smash Ace
How is it that after all these years, I still can't stop watching the videos, thinking of the matchups, trying to improve, etc... and I live in Arkansas of all places... Will this game survive even when its players develop complex lives, get married, and age to be 30+... or even 40+? There are STILL new players to this game, all of which seem to have the same spark and interest in the game that I had when I started to play it. I really wanna see what Melee will be like 10 years from now or if it's community and names like "M2K", "Hugs" and "PC Chris" will still be around. Ok... rant over.

Props to Iori and Jack for doing so well. I love seeing my friends dominate and place higher than Darkrain. It brings a tear to this old man's eyes. Also, I have a decent car with good gas mileage, so I can visit the Memphis area a little more often. Alas, Arkansas shall continue to go unproperly repped... Ace would have also done very well if he would have shown up. I guess this is the consequences of setting certain priorities above Smash...

Vts

Smash Champion
It brings a tear to this old man's eyes..
<_< you old then that makes me old....ish

but your not old until you have kids then your like o **** i'm getting old :D

also we will become better and better as long as we enjoy the game when you stop then well you stop, you play games for enjoyment not just for the money.

well beside m2k you play for enjoyment :D

congrats on your new car.

GJ iori and jack for being beasts, and yoshi for doing better than g.vice,chamber,and saberguy no johns you guys.

<3

Handorin

Smash Hero
<_< you old then that makes me old....ish

but your not old until you have kids then your like o **** i'm getting old :D

also we will become better and better as long as we enjoy the game when you stop then well you stop, you play games for enjoyment not just for the money.

well beside m2k you play for enjoyment :D

congrats on your new car.

GJ iori and jack for being beasts, and yoshi for doing better than g.vice,chamber,and saberguy no johns you guys.

<3
lol. They entered and didn't even finish the tournament. I think they should have gone the Arby/Yoshi route and called themselves Potfiller #1, etc. ;)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
people still play super turbo. if you have a fundamentally enjoyable game (and melee is incomparably more complex than st) with the community as glue, it can go and go because no one sees a reason to stop. eventually life interferes, and I think a vicious cycle of base (pot fillers) and pros dropping out will someday happen, but it's like thinking about graduation in 3rd grade. you don't, really.

edit: hey jack, could you up that picture? I'll force vts to be Rugged and Ready Rusty in teams at POE. it already has one win under its belt thanks to hando and pyroty (over the great Potfiller 1&2 no less!)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
people still play super turbo. if you have a fundamentally enjoyable game (and melee is incomparably more complex than st) with the community as glue, it can go and go because no one sees a reason to stop. eventually life interferes, and I think a vicious cycle of base (pot fillers) and pros dropping out will someday happen, but it's like thinking about graduation in 3rd grade. you don't, really.

edit: hey jack, could you up that picture? I'll force vts to be Rugged and Ready Rusty in teams at POE. it already has one win under its belt thanks to hando and pyroty (over the great Potfiller 1&2 no less!)
How's that vid coming man? I thought it was gonna be done long ago, but tourney stuff came up. Just curious :3

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
How's that vid coming man? I thought it was gonna be done long ago, but tourney stuff came up. Just curious :3
I was getting my college life in order the past week and a half. I have nothing but free time now, so I'll finish it up. expect some questions on the details.

Vts

Smash Champion
I was getting my college life in order the past week and a half. I have nothing but free time now, so I'll finish it up. expect some questions on the details.
smash wednesday arby?

i got no plans.

iori i might come stay at your place thrusday and we can go see a movie together (more of i want to see ironman 2 lol).

minions will you be sad if i go visit iori and go to ko's w/o you?

since yoshiman said u guys had class all week.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
smash wednesday arby?

i got no plans.

iori i might come stay at your place thrusday and we can go see a movie together (more of i want to see ironman 2 lol).

minions will you be sad if i go visit iori and go to ko's w/o you?

since yoshiman said u guys had class all week.
I don't have class until july

I also do not have any money, so I am not sure how I will get to POE, much less ko's

Vts

Smash Champion
I don't have class until july

I also do not have any money, so I am not sure how I will get to POE, much less ko's

i'm putting like $70 to the side for the tournament cus knowing me i'll forget last min and be like **** i'm broke i'll just sell my body for money.

also jack and iori both beat darkrain, so now thats 3/5 members of DML have beat him... cmon hyperdragon and myztec your up to the plate :D.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
No doubt, I'll answer any and all questions you may have. Good Arby, get your college life together before you even think about "Devour." That's my technical smash bro :)

Yeah, Iori/Jack are so good. I had some fun matches with Jack, and man he's gotten better. Made me happy to see Iori got better too!

Top Bottom