• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
S
Oh, and Gurren Lagann is in English dubs. Discuss. >:[

Oh, no no no. Take it from me, don't watch Gurren Lagann in English. This is coming from a major dub***. As much as I like Kyle Herbert, he just doesn't sell Kamina. You get the over-the-topness but you just don't believe it. Jonny's Rossiu is a bit off, and Yuri's really just meh as Simon. Nia almost saved the dub, but she changed actors about halfway through.

If they had kept ADV's cast it might have worked. Brett Weaver as Kamina and Vic Mignogna as Viral might have actually have pulled it off, but when they lost the license to Bandai the whole dub was thrown out he window.

I don't get it. Bandai did such a kick *** job with Haruhi. I dunno why they dropped the ball so hard on this one.

Watch it in Japanese. Trust me on this one.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Respect+++ for AR_Sam
Respect--- for March Hare. "He'll lose money"?? Oh noes, not that. Perk those ears up and listen: real men don't let insignificant things like potential monetary loss get in their way. If there's a wall blocking the way forward, you drill through it! If there's no path, you make one with your own hands!

j00t

Smash Champion
Respect+++ for AR_Sam
Respect--- for March Hare. "He'll lose money"?? Oh noes, not that. Perk those ears up and listen: real men don't let insignificant things like potential monetary loss get in their way. If there's a wall blocking the way forward, you drill through it! If there's no path, you make one with your own hands!
Man I hope this isn't some Gurren Lagann reference :p

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
@vice you are on XD, I have watied for this moment.
@The march hare I think the real difference between me and you is that I am not a coward. How much money do you want to bet you won't say I am an idiot to my face.
I'd bet quite a bit of money. It's not a bet I can really lose. I've called smarter men than you idiots, Iori.

Respect+++ for AR_Sam
What yoshiman was desiring to do, IHSB, was pay Gvice to **** him. This is not manly.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Jack + sentence with "drill" = Gurren Lagann ref

Can't wait to see and play you guys with my young rinku.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Respect+++ for AR_Sam
Well spoken sir. Kamina approved.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Having money on the line might unlock his true powers. He won't know unless he tries. Real men do the impossible, while seeing the invisible, simultaneously touching the untouchable and breaking the unbreakable.
I totally lol'ed.

Who knows Jack, with the money on the line, he may even Fight the power of G.Vice eh?

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Having money on the line might unlock his true powers. He won't know unless he tries. Real men do the impossible, while seeing the invisible, simultaneously touching the untouchable and breaking the unbreakable.
Send me a post when you find me one of these, 'real men.' I'm doubting, for some reason, that they exist.

edit: Also, I lol at the Impossible Dream reference, even if you did not intend to have one.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Iori - The Hare is just as outspoken in person as he is on the internet.
The March Hare - Since when have intelligence and manliness been equivalent. Many times it is manly to do stupid things though there will be harsh consequences. In F-Zero Legend, Captain Falcon sacrificed his life
to kill Black Shadow. You might consider that stupid, but no one can consider that unmanly.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Concocting a ridiculously circuitous plot to make yourself the universally hated dictator of the whole world, then having your best friend kill you so the world unites in the joy of your death is manly.

Unless you're anorexic and fabulous.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
this discussion has brought me great joy

i don't think you people realize what part the march hare is playing in all of this. every gathering of people needs a troll of sorts, a lightning rod of hate, to keep things interesting. he seems to fill this role admirably. i applaud.

/applause

Handorin

Smash Hero
Concocting a ridiculously circuitous plot to make yourself the universally hated dictator of the whole world, then having your best friend kill you so the world unites in the joy of your death is manly.

Unless you're anorexic and fabulous.
"kill"

Because you are still alive and will run things behind the scenes.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I have yet to see someone who has done the impossible which is what IHSB insisted makes a real man.

Real men do the impossible, while seeing the invisible, simultaneously touching the untouchable and breaking the unbreakable.

I have read about a man sawing off his own arm to survive, I have watched a c. falcon chase a sheik up a mountain, yet neither of these things are or were impossible. By the very act of doing it they have shown that a seemingly impossible action was in fact very much possible.

And Chad, wtf does this have to do with cowardice. Not doing something because it is stupid isn't cowardice.

JWT2k6, you don't like me because a prophet has no honor in his own country.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
i c wut u r trying to do thar

this was about the correlation between manliness and intelligence, not semantics

more than one argument has been presented, so address all or none

-Chad-

Slackerator
this discussion has brought me great joy

i don't think you people realize what part the march hare is playing in all of this. every gathering of people needs a troll of sorts, a lightning rod of hate, to keep things interesting. he seems to fill this role admirably. i applaud.

/applause
Troll-ish people are f-ing stupid. They find enjoyment in useless arguments, therefor I am inclined to believe they are a douchebag.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Finding enjoyment in useless arguments isn't really a bad thing. Most arguments are useless, but they do provide an emotional or intellectual outlet. Trolls are dumb because they find enjoyment in causing others some sort of duress, but if they are mostly innocuous I don't really see a problem with it. Sometimes, you need a little strife to break up the monotony of normal human interaction.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
I have yet to see someone who has done the impossible which is what IHSB insisted makes a real man.

I have read about a man sawing off his own arm to survive, I have watched a c. falcon chase a sheik up a mountain, yet neither of these things are or were impossible. By the very act of doing it they have shown that a seemingly impossible action was in fact very much possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY06IgyN_RM

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
intelligence versus manliness, I say we all drink the wise man's drink http://supplementalscience.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/glass-of-water.jpg
btw saberguy's nametag aka CHRIS H. is still owned by NWA. We will not give this hostage back. Saberguy can't win a money match to get this name tag back, it will be a match filled with pride and honor, ya gotta earn it. TO EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER POSTED ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET

YJDK

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I suppose I will say it again...

If we are having a smashfest... What day, time, and where?
Sorry man, I didn't have access to a computer until my bro went to sleep. Um, I'm pretty sure this will go down at mine and Chamberlin's new place here in Little Rock. It's about 10 mins from where we were at the old house. Ace will be here, and I'm pretty sure that VTS may be coming down too.

I'll need your cell Yoshi, to let you know the specs later.

When ~> Friday Evening/Night - December 11th - whenever we feel like it Dec 12th/13th
Where ~> A.S.S Apartment

And G.Vice and Chamberlin will be teaming some...no if, ands, or buts.
We miss each other :(

G. Vice

Smash Lord
gas money is in order

vts: $20 or however much you think is appropriate
anyone who can pick us up: anything reasonable, just let me know

thanks
I actually kinda thought if you guys wanted to just come and maybe stay the night here in the apartment that would be cool. I can come get you guys, and take you home the next day or whenever. We have two bathrooms, one shower. And we live like at fast food central. Everything is within like 5 minutes from our place. I think it'll be more than accomodating. Lemme know what you guys think. And Arby, I really don't think that it'd be 20 bucks. I actually really hate to charge you guys anything. If anything, you maybe can spot me and Chams a meal or something this weekend. I got you boys covered :D

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I <3 this

@the march hare :ohwell: sadly I don't live in your area but word of advice, maybe you should avoid conflict and show love to the people you obviously hang with.

-_- I will meet you eventually, lets hope by then you aren't so meh. Anyway take care you

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Avoiding conflict would be boring. Bringing it in is my way of showing love to everyone I meet. It's like a pill, you might not like it, but conflict is good for you.

Also, I'm being "meh?" That's an interesting use of the word.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I actually kinda thought if you guys wanted to just come and maybe stay the night here in the apartment that would be cool. I can come get you guys, and take you home the next day or whenever. We have two bathrooms, one shower. And we live like at fast food central. Everything is within like 5 minutes from our place. I think it'll be more than accomodating. Lemme know what you guys think. And Arby, I really don't think that it'd be 20 bucks. I actually really hate to charge you guys anything. If anything, you maybe can spot me and Chams a meal or something this weekend. I got you boys covered :D
the $20+ was for vts transporting us for a semester. i was expecting to give maybe 10 to our ride for this weekend, but your plan sounds good too :)

Also, I'm being "meh?" That's an interesting use of the word.
i think it's appropriate. maybe even a slight understatement.

Top Bottom