• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I have finals during the following week, but I'm gonna try and make it to the May 19th one. (Tuscon right?)

If I can go, I'm going to need a ride. Try and keep a slot open for me, I'm gonna ask if I can go decently soon.

If you have a slot for me, don't hesitate to tell me.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Rob, I'm willing to leave at any time to get there, and I have gas money.

In other words, you should consider giving me a spot in your carpool. :]

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
i would like to see if we can get housed for the following day because i get tired early in the day due to working early morning shifts and i think it would be cool to hangout with tucson people after a tournament :D

Aaven, THE IKE MAIN, you know youre in my carpool

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Jane, unless smashers are more punctual either in showing up, or the organizers more strict about enforcing rules, we're never going to end at a reasonable hour.
It's my belief the latter will compel the former. We need to enforce more

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I am 99% able to go to this, I will be in need of a ride. I have money for carpool, but if we need the seats I can drive. My car has 4 seats and gets 12 mpg, so it would be a bit more pricey, but it's better than nothing. Since I live like.. half an hour away from the nearest guy, I can drive to your house too.

I would definitely prefer to hitch a ride with someone else, so message me, text/call me: 480-529-8837, or post here if you can drive me.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'll be able to go, I live in Glendale so it's a pretty long way for me and I don't really have the money to carpool right now.
I would like to try out a couple other characters of mine though, bringing back Fox and maybe Toon Link and Yoshi. Dropping Falco because my techskill isn't good enough for him due to my stupid thumb.
I miss those characters anyways.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Brawl remarks are not old by now? So damn annoying...
^^^^^^^^^^^

I have no problem with Melee, but it's getting annoying hearing some of the Melee players bash Brawl all the time.

Like damn, just play your game and we'll play ours.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
brawl isnt that bad. If the tripping was removed then the game would be a lot better

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how much I'm going to play vBrawl anymore, honestly. Project Melee is the future, Melee and Brawl can both suck a chode.

k9.

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how much I'm going to play vBrawl anymore, honestly. Project Melee is the future, Melee and Brawl can both suck a chode.
So True!

I was playing that game for 8 hours straight for two days and going to school then coming home and playing all day and night, only getting 2 and 1/2 hours of sleep for school. That game is epic. I use Ness and Ganon.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Hey man melee will never die!!!!
it's true, melee will never die. it shouldn't either. in terms of my playing those games in tourney though, they can suck a chode. Brawl deserves death.

So True!

I was playing that game for 8 hours straight for two days and going to school then coming home and playing all day and night, only getting 2 and 1/2 hours of sleep for school. That game is epic. I use Ness and Ganon.
Ganon is tight, man. We're definitely playing next tourney.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I still have yet to play anything except for old builds of this...
Ness looks fun as hell though (as per usual), and I won't have to use like 50 characters like I do in Brawl in this one too lol.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Lol, I would be fine with that Okami, it's just disheartening when a Melee player plays me in Brawl pools and then tells me Brawl sucks afterwards. I still support Melee even though I suck at it, why can't they do the same in a mature manner?

Most Melee players are fine though and great people who do support and watch Brawl, I just always hear one or two people at every tourney saying something negative, it's exhausting.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Welcome to Xander, lol

not hatin' on him though since I agree with most of his sentiments haha

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be awesome if a lot of people in the Smash scene came to Phoenix Comicon this year (May 24-27th)!! I promise you guys will have a blast in the gigantic game room, the never-ending vendors hall, attending the plethora of panels, and meeting some of your favorite geek celebrities.

:link2:: http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/

P.S. All my FB friends should have received invites to the event. ;)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I think it would be awesome if a lot of people in the Smash scene came to Phoenix Comicon this year (May 24-27th)!! I promise you guys will have a blast in the gigantic game room, the never-ending vendors hall, attending the plethora of panels, and meeting some of your favorite geek celebrities.

:link2:: http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/

P.S. All my FB friends should have received invites to the event. :)
Price range?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
If you buy your tickets online:

Full Event: $40
Thursday only: $15
Friday only: $25
Saturday only: $30
Sunday only: $20

And if you buy your tickets at the door, add $5 to Full Event, Friday only, and Saturday only.

Of course, you will definitely want to bring extra money for the amazing Vendor's Room, that thing literally takes a good few hours to fully explore.

Trust me, these are great prices for this event- every PCC I've been to I've had a blast, and they keep on getting better every year. Oh and they're a GREAT way to meet nerdy ladies, in fact I met my current girlfriend at a convention. ;)

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Im probably going to go to it. Theres a one piece trivia contest thats going to happen on friday and im going to win!!!!!! Prize is candy, hell yea!!!!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
PCC was literally one of the most awesome weekends of my life. It was so sick last year. Except Saturday I had did like 3 tourneys and sat in the game room for like 12 hours which went from awesome to... not... awesome...

I just got burned out but it was really fun.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
You better be studying that One Piece Wiki if you want even a shot at winning, Kevin. I'd expect some crazy people to be in that contest.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Like Rave said you should really take the opportunity to go to PCC if you can. It's a blast... !!!

If anyone needs help with tickets to get in let me know :D I'm looking to meet up with someone for it if anyone would like to go with me.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
If you buy your tickets online:

Full Event: $40
Thursday only: $15
Friday only: $25
Saturday only: $30
Sunday only: $20

And if you buy your tickets at the door, add $5 to Full Event, Friday only, and Saturday only.

Of course, you will definitely want to bring extra money for the amazing Vendor's Room, that thing literally takes a good few hours to fully explore.

Trust me, these are great prices for this event- every PCC I've been to I've had a blast, and they keep on getting better every year. Oh and they're a GREAT way to meet nerdy ladies, in fact I met my current girlfriend at a convention. ;)
Only thing for me is that I wanna go to the tournament on Saturday. Plus...I'm kinda more of an Anime Expo fan. :x Blah. X_X

Top Bottom