• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I love SSF2, I downloaded it a few months ago and played it while I was in Italy daily.

Can't wait until the full version is released.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I was pretty hooked on Pokemon Tower Defense Tower for a while. It made me pull out my gameboy colour and pokemon red.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
hey so I take it Okami's monthlies will be the next tourney? When is the next date? I wanna r/o and see if my gf wants to come :D

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I think Xander's hosting one in my place on May 19th. I'll be in Vegas, followed by California for a week. Then there's the May 26th one in Phoenix. I work June 2nd, so can't host one then. June 9th, I'll be going back to California, and June 12th and on, I'll be in Japan. So I can't host one until September.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
ok
...if xander's hosting, will a new thread get made? That somehow seems like it would solidify plans better

Saffy

Smash Ace
Guys when and where is the next tournament?

And when is the next tournament that will be in Tempe/Mesa/Gilbert/ Around then?

if you guys have an idea... I can't make it to the Tucson tournaments D::::::

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Guys when and where is the next tournament?

And when is the next tournament that will be in Tempe/Mesa/Gilbert/ Around then?

if you guys have an idea... I can't make it to the Tucson tournaments D::::::
There's a Melee one (not sure if they'll host Brawl) at Taj's house in Gilbert on May 26th. Called Twilight Hugs Celestia if you wanna search it.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
The one in Phoenix will most likely be delayed until the 2nd I think, as JoeST (from New England) will be in town, and Yuma wants to come up that weekend as well.

:phone:

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Here's the tentative tourney schedule for the next few weeks:

May 19th: Tucson Brawl + Melee tourney (Rubyiris needs to confirm this though).
May 26th: Gilbert Melee tourney
June 2nd or June 9th: Tempe Brawl (+ Melee?) tourney

If that last tourney that I listed is held on June 2nd, I will most likely make it Brawl-only since I don't know if enough Melee people will come to it, due to the fact that they will have a tourney the week before.

@MeowK
The season ends mid/late July, and if all goes according to schedule the AZ Power Ranking tournament should be held in Phoenix this time around.

@Saffy
The next Brawl tourney in the Phoenix area will most likely be held at UAT, I just need to know the date that most of us prefer before I attempt to reserve that room for us.

@Everyone
So what day works better for you for the next Tempe tourney, June 2nd or June 9th?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Just to emphasize, JoeST will only be here the weekend of the 2nd, and as such, Yuma will only come that weekend as well.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
PS All-Stars info

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-playstation-all-stars/729632
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-playstation-all-stars/729630
Two rather long and in-depth interviews after playing an unfinished product it for about an hour. Answering a good number of questions, giving a lot of details about characters and mechanics, and IMO, redeeming (to an extent) the winning condition, if only by making it more of a familiar concept with all the gameplay they recorded.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Only reason I've been promoting it is cuz this will surely be much less fun to play if ya'll, as the fighting game community I've grown to love, don't play with me :3 And cuz I'm kind of a fanboy of a lot of these characters... unlike smash.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Sad I can't make it to the Tucson tournament, so I will see you guys in June >.>
I wonder if they would be willing to add brawl to that melee tournament :(. I'd help run and everything.

EDIT: Rave I really want to come to one of your smashfests soon.
Oh and Robert, I asked my mom about Thursday and she said no. My parents are REALLY strict it's annoying... :( Do you have another day after that?

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I'll be attending of course, I just need to know carpools so I can get there with someone.

Also, any Smashfests going on this weekend?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'll be making a tournament thread tomorrow.

How does melee singles/doubles, brawl singles/doubles, pm singles/doubles sound? Also, please vote on how much pm events should cost.

We won't have time for side events unless you guys are willing to leave Phoenix at 8 am to get to the event at 10 am. We just won't have enough time otherwise.

Also, I don't mind if you guys being auxiliary games, but please be courteous to the tournament and wait until close to the end of singles so we can get things done promptly.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
My dad's land rover has been fixed and it can fit a lot of people. maybe i can get my bro to drive to tucson with it ill ask him.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
if i plan on going and take my car i will make sure whoever i take will be willing to go early im tired of waiting on people and running late!!!!!!!!!

also if they can stay a day if any tucson people can house us will be cool :D

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
if i plan on going and take my car i will make sure whoever i take will be willing to go early im tired of waiting on people and running late!!!!!!!!!

also if they can stay a day if any tucson people can house us will be cool :D
Ask John. Whatever his account is called. Oaksmash or Prof Oksas or Oksasoglu or something. If he can't help, then ask Kyle. :)

If you need housing for the possible/likely June 9th tourney I (may) be hosting, I can house you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Jane, unless smashers are more punctual either in showing up, or the organizers more strict about enforcing rules, we're never going to end at a reasonable hour.

Top Bottom