• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ominous, you should go over Kris's house on Sunday evening when I go to visit the family so that we can Brawl. I always bring my Wii when I go over.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Oh silly kyle long hairs are like lions we take pride in our manes. That and its just diffetent. And long hair can be put in a samutai knot. I like pretending to be a samurai sometimes. And yeah max falvons the luckiest longhaired guy in teh world. vety few split ends

:phone:
Manes? You're not a horse Ethil!

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
^^Role Modles quote for sig? Not going to google it for pride.

@ I work tomorrow till like 5... :(

Also, I work at 5 on sat so i can only stay for doubles. Yummy team?

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
@Bryce: Mmkay, it's fine. I'll see you at the tournament on Saturday.

Hey Ominous, you should go over Kris's house on Sunday evening when I go to visit the family so that we can Brawl. I always bring my Wii when I go over.
I probably wouldn't be able to since it's Sunday. But you're coming to the tournament, right?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
The official trailer for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale has just been released! It doesn't appear to have the knockback-scaling and arena-knockout gameplay of Smash, but the physics are definitely Smash-like. And it looks like the game is health bar-based, so if you like Stamina mode in Smash you're in luck.

:link2:: http://youtu.be/v1bQSw7FOUQ

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I knew it! It doesn't look very fun though, but maybe that's just because I wasn't raised on Sony, I instead had the priviledge of being raised on Nintendo Neo-Geo, Quake, and Serious Sam. :awesome:

However if they end up putting Duke Nukem, Ranger (Quake Guy), Faust, or Serious Sam in it I will need a change of pants.

But hopefully this will either make Microsoft want to make one, since they've actually had a couple Serious Sam games on the Xboxes so they've had dealings with CroTeam before, and have cooler characters and the money to get more so we don't have to deal with like 50 Halo characters, or will make Sora Ltd. feel like they should balance the next Smash proper-like. /wishfulthinking

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest at my place today! Rob(ert) is already here, and Stevo said he'd be coming over at some point too.

My address:
Biltmore Promenade Condominium
2625 E Indian School Rd
Unit 343
Phoenix AZ 85016

Cell (call or text): 480-522-6912

Jane

Smash Hero
The official trailer for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale has just been released! It doesn't appear to have the knockback-scaling and arena-knockout gameplay of Smash, but the physics are definitely Smash-like. And it looks like the game is health bar-based, so if you like Stamina mode in Smash you're in luck.

:link2:: http://youtu.be/v1bQSw7FOUQ
"...and you know, the god of war, who comes from perhaps the best looking game on the planet"

the **** is this guy smoking. lmao

but yeah, this game looks sick.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
"...and you know, the god of war, who comes from perhaps the best looking game on the planet"

the **** is this guy smoking. lmao.
That dude works for Sony though, he has to dick ride God of War a little. He should have said "one of the best looking games on the planet", but w/e.

I was hardcore raised on Sony, I'm so unbelievably hype for that game. I'm going to dick ride that game, so hard.
It's is such a shameless rip-off of smash though, but I don't even care. The game is already better than Brawl, IMHO. I know Derp and I will play that game in tourney over Brawl when it releases.

Just wait for them to confirm Snake....

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
The one thing I'm wondering is if Spyro and Crash will be in this game. I mean, they're advertising Parappa in the video which is a little more obscure than the other two. The entire game looks like TMNT Smash-Up though, which was baaaaaaad.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I love Sony for having no shame in completely taking the idea from smash.
If this game allows for changing settings to make it viably competitive, I intend to be better than all of you >:3 Sly Cooper all day long. Sony all day long

But if it's really just an unsalvageable party game, then I still intend to have some fun

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
If anyone was curious, there's now 5 people at my Smashfest (Stevo, GV7, HeySeuss, Aaven, and myself). Come join us to get that extra practice in. :3

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
The one thing I'm wondering is if Spyro and Crash will be in this game. I mean, they're advertising Parappa in the video which is a little more obscure than the other two. The entire game looks like TMNT Smash-Up though, which was baaaaaaad.
In one interview (in the vid) that guy mentions that they have been looking at what characters have been requested the most by fans, as well as in another interview it is mentioned that there WILL be 3rd Party characters. That would be characters like Crash and Spyro since they are no longer owned by Sony and are classic Sony characters.

There is no doubt in my mind that at least Crash is in, although I hope for Spyro's inclusion, he's just as sick. However, I feel if they include those two, their movesets should/need to be based off of their first 3 games. After both of their 3rd games, they were no longer owned by Sony and started going mult-platform and other companies started making their games.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
The entire game looks like TMNT Smash-Up though, which was baaaaaaad.
That is a valid concern. But TMNT was developed by Game Arts, which I think holds less water than SCE Santa Monica.

Hopefully (and dammit am I hoping) there will be some sort of booth at Comic-Con SD this year that I can wait in line for

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
That is a valid concern. But TMNT was developed by Game Arts, which I think holds less water than SCE Santa Monica.

Hopefully (and dammit am I hoping) there will be some sort of booth at Comic-Con SD this year that I can wait in line for
But didn't Smash Up have some of Sora (Brawl's developers) behind it?

That was why it was so hyped up in the first place.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
**IMPORTANT**

If anyone is missing any type of cables from NYTE, let me know. Nicknyte ended up sending me my cables but included a few extra.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
right well, Sony + fighting > Sakurai

at least... concerning arcade style fighters... **** please let this be good

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
That actually sounds kinda cool, I hope they put in some characters I know better, but either way I'll definitely give the game a try.
If the game is good I'm gonna get me a PS3.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
That actually sounds kinda cool, I hope they put in some characters I know better, but either way I'll definitely give the game a try.
If the game is good I'm gonna get me a PS3.
haha, if you haven't found a reason to get one yet, you may wanna just piggy back this game at a friends house. Probably won't be a 250+ investment

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Oh my I thought they were a little bit cheaper than that by now, I'll just do that then.
.__________.

Not sure about the next Smash though, if you haven't heard the 3DS version will have a, *shudder* leveling system. So long as they keep it separate from the Wii U version (have the choice to use buffed characters or not) and not like Uprising's weapon system it should be ok...

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Seeing that the only way to win is building a super and taking out your opponent with one hit, I don't know how well it would be on the competitive fighting scene. Also, it looks like they will have to have a similar rule-set to Brawl to have legitimate fights or else a free for all, which it looks like someone could steal orbs all game. >_>

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It just seems like they're not even considering the game to played in anything but a lighthearted party game manner. If it does get a competitive scene, I'll applaud for someone finding a way to neuter a game more than Brawl's competitive scene.

And I wasn't able to make it today, was helping my bro move out. Lost a job recently, so might have more free time for this game.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I can't really make it to this tournament because I clock in at 4pm. >.>
I was wondering though if there was another one possibly coming up soon or no?

Top Bottom