• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion

DK SPEED DK

Smash Apprentice
How are Tommy and Anjila above me in the PR she entered 2 tournaments placing 4th and 5th. I entered 3 placing 4th and 5th twice. Tommy got 5th at one of the tournaments. He placed 9th in another and 4th in the last one.

Sorry the Glendale crew couldn't come to the last tournaments. There has been conflict between us regarding MVC3(Marvel vs Capcom 3). Burt and I just started talking again and me and Easymac are still not talking.

Chris I found another one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRVj2e182-o

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
congrats to everyone on the pr! it was tough but most def a good one. im gonna try and be more tourny active this comming season. gotta prove my stuff ;)

congrats again to everyone and the az scene.... we.... are.. badass hahaha <3 all

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sweet stuff, everybody! I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming tourney season c:

Also, if Tommy or anyone else isn't feeling up to making the PR graphic, I can whip up a little something.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
That would be great anjila! I don't believe that anyone is comming up with one, tommy made a couple in the past but I do not know if he plans, or if anyone else oplans to make one. If you nwanna make one, and it will rock nour sox off, go for it! Hahaha I'm sure it will turn out great! Is there a theme, like dbz characters orsports theme, ya know something like that.

Also I like pie. Specially apple and chocolate pudding. Someone bring me a pie! Will <3 forever.

Another note, next tourny is when?

Who is interested in going to the new mexico tourny in june? Its on the 10th or 11th, whatever that sat is... its about a 6/7 hour drive, rewally not that bad for (most likely) free housinjg and epic good times. I'm goin and will be taking my truck. It would be nice if someone with a car would want to go so we could maybe take that. My truck can only fit 3... sadface.. gas wouldn't be that much either, prolly round 40 each is really not that much. New mexico always has epicness with whatever one decides to do there. Their smashers are ALMOST as cool as we ;) and they have the twins! <3 the nm twins. They too good! So who's down fopr an oos tourny with gurentee epic good times

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Tommy doesn't have access to internet right now. So Anjila, you should definitely whip up an image for us. <3

I think it would be cool to make a trip out to New Mexico this summer. Let's start saving up and make plans to go. :-)

Jane

Smash Hero
what are you talking about only three seats nigga... you got the bed!

also tommy hasnt had internet for a while so yeah he definitely cant make the PR image haha

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Great PR list overall, congrats to Anjila for making it so high on the list in the first season she entered Singles tournies. :D And it's so great to see Derp make the list! Though it's not much of a surprise since he's been kicking *ss for so long. :)

I am so hyped that we're now gonna have three tournies a season! Kudos to whoever thought of that, it'll definitely make each tournament more intense.

What happened to the Honorable Mentions list? Including that list would certainly provide the least skilled players something to work toward while rewarding the moderate-skill players for their attempt to penetrate the PR list. Not to mention, were it not for Duff0's and Darkshifter's unwarranted absence from the list, the new Top 10 would have pretty much remained the same as last season.

Also, I too would like to know who the other two people were that were being considered for Top 10. (My guess is Brett and Burt ^_^).

Oh and count me in for the Albuquerque tourney. :)

Jane

Smash Hero
well i know that.

yall some hookers for not going though!

well bryce has legitimate work johns. but you on the other hand, sir, is still a ****in punk

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Dayum if I went to a mentionable amount of tournies and worked on my anxiety I might have been able to get on the PR too...
Ah well.
Congraturation to all of yous guys on there though. :D

Also, SPEED, the MvC 3 conflict wasn't about M.O.D.O.K., was it?... ._.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Great PR list overall, congrats to Anjila for making it so high on the list in the first season she entered Singles tournies. :D And it's so great to see Derp make the list! Though it's not much of a surprise since he's been kicking *ss for so long. :)

I am so hyped that we're now gonna have three tournies a season! Kudos to whoever thought of that, it'll definitely make each tournament more intense.

What happened to the Honorable Mentions list? Including that list would certainly provide the least skilled players something to work toward while rewarding the moderate-skill players for their attempt to penetrate the PR list. Not to mention, were it not for Duff0's and Darkshifter's unwarranted absence from the list, the new Top 10 would have pretty much remained the same as last season.

Also, I too would like to know who the other two people were that were being considered for Top 10. (My guess is Brett and Burt ^_^).
Ill spoil it, the other two people that were considered were Jane and Brett, all of us were supporting for different ones.

IDK what happend to honorable mentions It was supposed to be discussed and put up but idk why it wasnt put up.

Yeah modok!!!!
Yeah Arthur!

Jar'd

Smash Ace
We'll have honorable mention when we have a season where we get more than 15 people every tournament.

Kira, if you were white, Arthur would be your dad.

Gah777

Smash Lord
During WHOBO I came to this conclusion about Brawl: "This game is gay." And recently added a new thought to that conclusion and expanded it to "Brawl is gay. To play a gay game, you need to play a gay character." So I decided it's time to go back to the basement and do some secret training with my secret characters. I know I've said this several times before, but I'll try to make it to more tourneys (Especially with the venue being closer), but work and school have priority. But seriously, this game is sacky.

Also, Blackwings! Blackwings!

Don't worry about trying to get that last reference, it's an inside joke. But on the off chance you do get it, it gives away my secret character

Light_

Smash Apprentice
That's why you should pick up Melee, Gah777. Melee is soooooooo much better than brawl in so many aspects. I play both games so I can say this.:p

Gah777

Smash Lord
I was thinking about trying Melee out, but IDK. Plus the Melee scene is pretty much in Tucson.

I've also started working on the "Tourney Intruder Song". Let me know if this has been done before.

Tourney Intruder Song

I’m comin’ to ya tourneys

Snatchin’ yo vic’try up

Gonna **** ya so ya’ll need ta

Hide’ja Marth, Hide’ja Peach

Hide’ja Marth, Hide’ja Peach

Hide’ja Marh, Hide’ja Peach

And hide’ja Gannon

Cuz’ I’m rapin’ errebody out here

You don’t have to come and submit

I’m lookin’ fo you

I’m gon fin’ you

I’m gon fin’ you

So you can run an tell that

Run an tell that

Run an tell that, homeboy

Home, home, homeboy

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Rob is Homo, for sure.

Yoshi, though, is definitely straight. I ain't ever givin' him up for a middle-to-top tier character. I will keep my low-tier champion 'til the day I die.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Oh hey, Kira I found this a while back and wanted to show you:

http://www.dorkly.com/video/6847/zombies-ate-my-stupid-neighbor

Yoshiken, I already started out playing mid/high/top characters so I guess you could say I'm still operating within my "zone". Besides, it's a game. If you can't have fun with it why play? And eventually we're all going to stop playing this game, grow old, start a family, and die. It's nothing personal, but having fun is supposed to be the point of the game, even if the game itself (not necessarily the characters) is one of the sackiest teabagging sausagefests I have ever experienced, right next to Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Haha, definitely. I didn't make my comment to say that you are putting the fun of the game out of the picture just to win though. If you feel a different character is right for you, then go for it, for sure. I didn't mean to sound like I was saying that you didn't care to have fun and that you only care to win.

I was just really saying that I have built such a strong connection with yoshi as a character over the years, that I couldn't give him up. I have been playing yoshi in the smash brothers series for almost 10 years now.

Buy yeah, I completely agree with you. Do whatever you need to make the game as fun as it can be for you.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I couldn't imagine playing any other character besides Peach.

I didn't choose her because of what tier she is in, but because I like her a lot and I find meaning when I play with her.

She's mid tier in Brawl and high tier in Melee.

At WHOBO 3, I heard people talking about how she wasn't viable and blah blah blah. Illmatic got 13th place with her at a national and I impressed a lot of people with my performance as well.

I find great pride competing with Peach. I wouldn't feel the same way if I decided to "play to win/play gay" and choose Meta Knight or some other Top Tier character.

I am a Peach main and will forever stay that way until I retire from this game.

It feels great to finally be considered a Top 3 Peach main in North America rather than an average MK among the sea of MK players.

At times, Brawl can be pretty stupid, but it also generates lots of fun for the people who compete and you get a chance to interact with a fantastic community, which makes the game totally worth it despite all the stupid BS that can happen at times.

Play a character because you like them. Not because of what tier they are in.

Top Bottom