• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Going to a major tournament is a step in becoming a good player.
This.

Seriously, the first out of state tournament I went to I wasn't that skilled yet but I learned a ton of new stuff that I implemented into my game and it made me a better player. You can only learn so much stuff from playing the same people over and over. You'd be amazed at how playing a wide variety of playstyles will improve your game.

P.S. Also Duffy is cool and you would best learn some respect toward him.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
EDIT - Also, why does it say I have 1 post.
I've posted roughly 4 times.
It depends on where you are posting. Posts in Social/Regional Threads don't count toward your post count, where as posts in Discussion/Character Boards/Tournament Threads will go towards your post count.

My post count would probably be double what it is if they counted every post I've made.

This.

Seriously, the first out of state tournament I went to I wasn't that skilled yet but I learned a ton of new stuff that I implemented into my game and it made me a better player. You can only learn so much stuff from playing the same people over and over. You'd be amazed at how playing a wide variety of playstyles will improve your game.

Damn Straight, I'm not sure if I've heard truer words.

Jane

Smash Hero
who cares if you get trainwrecked? the important thing is youre playing good players from other places

getting ***** is a necessary step in not getting *****.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
who cares if you get trainwrecked? the important thing is youre playing good players from other places

getting ***** is a necessary step in not getting *****.
I understand, and I see going for a good time and all.

But get ***** at locals... Just saying people who go shouldn't expect much and have the whole trip be a pain if they go 2 and out.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Lol I completely forgot about matches outside bracket...

Regardless everyone going to Whobo good luck. From what I've seen TX is super ****. Need to spend some serious time on the joystick.

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
This.

you seem to have some experience in this area so I guess I wanna ask:
should I seek out other kirby mains or just play anyone?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
hey guys :)

long time no post.

sooo much drama goin on...

whobo whoooooooooot

i so wish there was a "like" button for posts. hahaha

oh, and if possible, i would like to play some pr people next tourny if i can make it. gotta show me stuff in tourny :) jard, duffy, kyle, lookout! XD

Light_

Smash Apprentice
you seem to have some experience in this area so I guess I wanna ask:
should I seek out other kirby mains or just play anyone?
Well I personally like to watch other peach players play people rather than playing them myself since I seem to learn better that way. It's a good idea to play a wide variety of people rather than playing one person over and over. This is not to say it's also not a good idea to play other people who have the same main as you either. Play them to learn their tricks, ask for advice, and play them some more rounds, but I probably wouldn't dedicate your entire time to just playing them.

Gah777

Smash Lord
ROB is ****ing annoying. He's probably the character I hate the most. His attacks, rolls, spot dodge, throws, taunts, his entire moveset. Heck, his existence just pisses me off. I has nothing to do with the fact I hate fighting him, I hate even looking at him. I've been calling ROB a him, but it probably doesn't even have a gender. I hate it.

/end rant.

Pit's cool though.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I was playing brawl with my 9 year old brother the other day, and he came to the conclusion that Olimar is the gayest character.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
ROB is ****ing annoying. He's probably the character I hate the most. His attacks, rolls, spot dodge, throws, taunts, his entire moveset. Heck, his existence just pisses me off. I has nothing to do with the fact I hate fighting him, I hate even looking at him. I've been calling ROB a him, but it probably doesn't even have a gender. I hate it.

/end rant.
:3

Speaking of people who love ROB, I gotta try mine out against some more people... I've only had ROB dittos with wolfwood.
ROB dottos are so stupid/fun/annoying/pretty laz0r light show.

But... if he doesn't have a gender... what's that thing he whips out when he charges his gyro?
.____________________.

Mid-match masturbation?

But that means...

Sweet Jesus...

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
the gayest looking characters in terms of homosexuality has to be link, marth, pit, Shiek. The Dumbest looking MF has to be Olimar though.

Jane

Smash Hero
link and pit look gay to you? i dont see it. marth is definitely the gayest looking bitch in the game, and shiek is a lesbian so yeah.

and FUCK ALL YALL NEGROES. olimar da bess~

Jar'd

Smash Ace

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Marth and Pit do look pretty gay tbh. Link not so much, if he does it's only because of his recovery.
Shiek is practically gender neutral, she/it (maybe Zelda magically removes her genitalia for some reason) is flatter than week old soda.

That was kinda disturbing, Jard, but I feel worse for whoever uses Olimar. :p
It'd be like an annoying vegetable monster ****** orgy and he'd keep throwing them and throwing them at you. Not to mention how bothersome Olimar can be already. I'm so sorry Jane... :c

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Lol so many people have been coming to my for training. oh man this next tourney is gunna be intense i can see some upsets happening for sure

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Can we do something this friday Tucson? I wanna Brawl out before next week. Get my groove on. Maybe do some Weegee and Pichu matches on the Melee side.

Top Bottom