• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are women underestimated in tourneys?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yes, women are always understimated.

Thank politics for that one. And religion.

Don't feel like going into specifics.

But yeah, I personally don't underestimate women, and I would love to play one. ^^

But the point is, women can play just as good as men.

Genders and reproductive organs don't matter.

Simple as.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Heh, one of the best people I know is a girl. Only people that can beat her are me and a friend. And that's in Melee or Brawl, even though she has only played Brawl, like, twice.
Although most girls don't really care about video games, and so just plain suck for the sake of not caring. Not because they couldn't win, but because they'd rather use their time doing other things.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
To the tournaments I go, chicks aren't underestimated. Moreover, they don't play, either because they choose not to, or because they get turned away. I personally don't underestimate any fem at Smash, but then again, I haven't really played many good fems at Smash offline.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
My older sister plays Ike well, so I'm not allowed to underestimate the capability of a female opponent... Used to be when it was my Lucas vs. her Ike, I'd wanna just sit down and let her KO me, because it was coming anyway.

...But she's stopped playing Brawl since...

Sylentwind

Smash Rookie
girls can play games just as well as us... some are better... i dont like brawl so i dun care

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
My older sister plays Ike well, so I'm not allowed to underestimate the capability of a female opponent... Used to be when it was my Lucas vs. her Ike, I'd wanna just sit down and let her KO me, because it was coming anyway.

...But she's stopped playing Brawl since...
...You'll get no sympathy from her. Hah. jk

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
In reality, I would be more worried about running into a female gamer in a tournament, since they're fairly uncommon you know they're good if they have the guts to get into a tournament, and last a few rounds.

Since there's alot of guy gamers it's easy to say one's a nub since male players are like wildfire and rats, everywhere : D.

Sunaipa

Smash Rookie
Pfft, it doesnt matter if women are underestimated. If they are you can take advantage of that and take them by surprise. Nothing disadvantageous about being a female smasher... a few weeks ago some girl won our monthly tournament. Not to mention i know a girl whos like 14 years old and she beat a few of the older, veteran players.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
No, as a rule women are not underestimated in smash. Not exactly sure how this ******** topic keeps going on, but I have theory it's because it involves women. BTW Love the Zelda Avy Samochan.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
stop being so mad dark seriously...remember let it be known.

- its funny cause this person actually is tight about it lol

Top Bottom