• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we all REALLY playing brawl, or are we lying and playing mario kart or 360's

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
i think brawl has a qiueter rep than melee did, and the popularity just goes down . I for one struggle to play my wii at all, it hasnt been turned on for 2 months now! I actually rather play MGS, Halo, DMC4, COD4 and even my spiderman-2 game on my gamecube. I wish they anounced wii speak with brawl instead. then i might be interested. but ofcorse thats not gona happen... o well theres hope for Cobduct being a good game. Nintendo please give me a reason to turn my wii on, and dont just send me another mario kart memo.

P.S. i use the gamecube for action replay

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but maybe Brawl just has a "quieter rep" because it's only been around for a few months. We won't really know about how grand it will turn out to be until we look back at the end of Brawl's lifespan. Just give it some time, and maybe things will change.

And you're not alone, a lot of people want WiiSpeak for Brawl. I could take it or leave it, m'self. I don't want to play while hearing a barrage of "n00b","pwnage", and "lol" in the background.

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
Im Actually Surprised This Is Even Getting Attention Cuz I Just Sound Like A Winey Smash Noob

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I actually am playing Brawl a lot, there was a while though when I was playing No More Heroes and Mario Kart Wii instead, but I play Brawl quite frequently...that and Castlevania Portrait of Ruin...I'm getting myself set for Order of Ecclesia : )

PCHU

Smash Lord
What OTHER games am I playing besides Brawl?
......Melee?
.....uh....
64?....but only on church nights....
Lucky us, they have an N64 down there with smash.
Play it every time before church.

They also have Xboxes, but I don't play them.
Too boring for me.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I have been playing other games, and I haven not been lying about it. I'm very vocal with my disappointments with Brawl.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I play Melee for fun and with friends (And maybe once I don't suck, competitively) all the time, and I only touch Brawl if my friends want to or at tourneys.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
im looking forward to Soul Calibur 4 (maybe if YOU had customizable characters BRAWL!!!)
That would not be good in the SSB series, not only does it defeat the whole idea of Nintendo/other video game 'guests' fighting each other, it also would probably be done in a limited Stage Builder like way.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Just playing 360 now that I have xbox live for it but I hardly played my wii that much before, just occasionally MK Wii since its online is actually bareable, unlike brawl's own. >_>

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Been playing DBZ BT 2. :ohwell: Getting back to SSBB though, since I'm getting really depressed that I don't have DBZ BT Sparking Meteor. :( But when I get it, SSBB will probably be a thing of the past. At least until some new techniques and "the new wavedash" is found. :ohwell:

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I usually only play smash with my crew offline; if I'm ever just chillin by myself I'll usually play GH or COD4.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I only play Brawl because it's the only game out of the 3 that I have that I enjoy. When I get bored of playing Brawl I usually jump on my computer and play Multi-player on Halo or Half-Life 2. I don't own a PS3 or 360 so I haven't been playing most of the new games for those consoles sadly. However I do play Halo 3, COD4, and Rainbow Six Vegas when i'm at my friends house. (All good games IMO)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
When I'm not playing Brawl, it's Melee, Twilight Princess, Sonic Advance, and other games. I don't want to stick to that game too much.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
OMG!! I have been playing spider man 2 the past few days :p. Anyway, I haven't been playing brawl. I have been playing Rune Factory (my brother bought it and it seems fun), AC:WW and AC original (to get my self further excited about CF, MPH (never beat it), MP:DS (Mario party DS, guess what else my bro got for his B-day..but really it is sorta addicting :p)

Zodiac

Smash Master
i think brawl has a qiueter rep than melee did, and the popularity just goes down . I for one struggle to play my wii at all, it hasnt been turned on for 2 months now! I actually rather play MGS, Halo, DMC4, COD4 and even my spiderman-2 game on my gamecube. I wish they anounced wii speak with brawl instead. then i might be interested.
Well it seems your more of a 360/sony fan, and theres a reason you'd rather play those than brawl. its cause they're better. And they're not boring and lame or go the pace of a turtle.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I play brawl when i get to see my brawl crew on weekends.. but not all of em...

but i play almost everyday medalof honor heroes 2 online... the game is just too fun and addictive.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I play Brawl once in a while when my cousin comes over but it is getting old fast. Online isn't a cool as it could have been.

I am eaglerly hoping for new games like Saints Row 2 to come out then Brawl might start collecting dust then. I am also playing GTA4 once in a while every now and then. If I ever get Xbox Live I might try doing Halo 3 and that might make me develop dust on Brawl if I get it before Saints Row 2 comes out. Fable 2 might also look cool.

The Broken Cresent mod, which is about Islam in the Middle East, for MTW2 if the 2nd version comes out then Brawl will start collecting dust quick.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I play at least a little Brawl almost every day in between stuff. right now I'm playing through Wind Waker again, then I'll be finishing up some Wii and DS games I haven't beaten yet.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
All I've been playing lately is Brawl, Nintendo Puzzle Collection, Panel De Pon DS, and.... Brawl. XD

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Nothing you hear me? Nothing, but Brawl that is. I've always wanted a game of this type: fighting with multiple characters where you can represent the character you like. Mugen was just too weird for me.
Brawl on the other hand has good graphics, nice gameplay, and just never gets old for me. I miss my wii.
:crying:

Raidein

Smash Cadet
I can honestly say Brawl is the only game I play. What's sad is that I bought a new 360 with Grand Theft Auto 4 (a game I was really hyped for) a couple of months ago, but I havent played either in months thanks to Brawl, nor have I played my other games. :ohwell:

Top Bottom