• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Moooose

Smash Champion
wait,waht!

What's going on with this tournament?! This looks hot naow. Excluding the lack of Hbox

How is Chicago getting there? Tink u driving again? I know you johned about it last time.

Also:
duck u wanna team?
LOL duck/rat team would be EPIC

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
ok im a little late to this mess of people/cars coming from chicago, i know trail and i gotta roll together, and im planning on staying saturday night in case that makes a difference to anybody

who all is driving/needs rides from chicago? i see a sveet/dart/orly car, 18 spikes has a spot, then we got:

me
trail
tink
rat
vro?
kels
r bros?
cosmo? (dont remember if he posted but lets be honest hes probably considering it)

i'll go ahead and plan on driving, but im not planning on having tryouts or anything so people gotta figure out for sure if theyre going and who they wanna ride with. i know i gotta have trail since we've been planning a michigan excursion since before the last sweet, then i did tell tink nonchalantly i could probably pick him up or something but hes on everybody's way so he can get a ride easy

gimme a count people

Rat

Smash Lord
I 110% want to go.

so like delete that question mark from my name. If tink or kels isn't driving (I honestly can't drive till we get another car) i'll go with you (stayin saturday isn't a problem.)

ORLY

Smash Master
Between BigD and myself: there should be enough room for the Chicagoland area.

We just need to arrange who in what.

PEOPLE COMING FROM IL: PM ME YOUR CELLY SO I CAN TRY AND WORK THIS OUT.

Tink

Smash Hero
im on the way for anyone like big D said....idc which car im in really(would like to be in vros car)....just put me in one of them boysss!

ORLY

Smash Master
If bigD's car has trail, rat, Kels, and tink. Mine will be myself, Dart, Sveet, Vro, and Cosmo.

Done like dinner!

R Bros. are not coming, so is there anyone I'm missing?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
too bad this tourney is gonna run so tight, i'd love for some crew battles to go down

sauc3

Smash Lord
looks like canada is bringin another car, so add JPOBS, sauc3, Riddlebox, Ministry and Raynex to the list. Also i believe Leek and Weon-X are coming aswell. comin in full force!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We need to push forward the start time. Can't risk running late at all with this many travelers. Dre, can you confirm that the venue can be open by noon?

idea

Smash Master
looks like canada is bringin another car, so add JPOBS, sauc3, Riddlebox, Ministry and Raynex to the list. Also i believe Leek and Weon-X are coming aswell. comin in full force!
wow, good job guys. lol with this many canadians i'll probably end up with some of you in my pool =/

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
We need to push forward the start time. Can't risk running late at all with this many travelers. Dre, can you confirm that the venue can be open by noon?
I can actually confirm that the venue will be open by 10:30 AM.

Only thing I'm a little worried about right now is the parking situation. MSU has a home basketball game that day @ 1:30 PM, and I hope they don't close down the parking ramp. I don't think they will since it's so far from the Breslin Center and they only close down the parking near it. Also we're playing against Bowling Green, so the game isn't THAT important.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Alright then, we're officially pushing the tourney schedule forward another hour.

Updated schedule:

12:00pm - Venue Opens, Teams Registration
1:00pm - Teams Bracket, Singles Registration
3:00pm - Singles Pools
5:00pm - Dinner Break
6:00pm - Singles Bracket
10:00pm - Venue Closes

So teams bracket will start at 1pm sharp and pools will probably get started before the conclusion of teams. If we get pools done on time, I don't see why we couldn't fit in crews from ~5-7pm. Even if singles bracket starts at 7, three hours should be plenty of time for a top 32 bracket.

ORLY

Smash Master
this would be hilarious, i don't think any of us have experience with the match up

yeah rat i will definitely team with you, show people what double samus is all about
Duck, looks like you'll finally get your rematch with me. Game on!

FRIEDjellyWALNUT

Smash Cadet
Well, obviously someone else has to drive. Chad has a car, right?
I'm still planning on going to this, I've just got to work things out with this stupid wedding. I'll message everyone that's going in my car by Wednesday and let them know. If I can't go, I'm pretty sure Chad can borrow my car or something and drive it.

Top Bottom