• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can anyone else in East Lansing provide housing on Friday night? This is what I currently have written down as available housing options:

Friday night
Tremor (East Lansing, room for 9-10)
Juggleguy (Ann Arbor, room for 9-10)
Moose (Ann Arbor, room for 4-5)

Saturday night
Tremor (East Lansing, room for 9-10, expected to be loud/partying)
Junglefever (East Lansing, room for 4-5)

Big_R

Smash Champion
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ****in mi st ****tin on me.

**** 4 hrs is much lamer than 3 hrs

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
that would be good, because illinois is planning on being there saturday, at least my car

Moooose

Smash Champion
Can anyone else in East Lansing provide housing on Friday night? This is what I currently have written down as available housing options:

Friday night
Tremor (East Lansing, room for 9-10)
Juggleguy (Ann Arbor, room for 9-10)

Saturday night
Tremor (East Lansing, room for 9-10, expected to be loud/partying)
Junglefever (East Lansing, room for 4-5)
we can't do saturday night...our roommate is throwing a party

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I didn't know Ally was coming... or that he played Melee seriously, for that matter.

I believe Unknown, Sanuzi, Idea, JPOBS, Sauc3, Ministry, and Riddlebox have confirmed from Canada. RaynEX is still a maybe last I heard.

Also, question for IL:
Who plays each other the most frequently in Chicago? We'd like to know this information before creating pools.

Tink

Smash Hero
its hard to say :/....we dont do smashfest as much as we used to....id just say try to make sure teammates are seperated, since i think chicagos all teaming with itself, but idk.

idea

Smash Master
I didn't know Ally was coming... or that he played Melee seriously, for that matter.

I believe Unknown, Sanuzi, Idea, JPOBS, Sauc3, Ministry, and Riddlebox have confirmed from Canada. RaynEX is still a maybe last I heard.

Also, question for IL:
Who plays each other the most frequently in Chicago? We'd like to know this information before creating pools.
at the moment, raynex is more or less confirmed, and ministry is a maybe =P

and i dunno if you wanted the same info for canada, but...
raynex, unknown and i play each other a lot generally...ministry and riddlebox too, but a little less so.

sanuzi is kind of inbetween in terms of how often he plays us. he would feel weird having any of those first three in his pool for sure. although based on skill i think raynex, unknown, sanuzi and i should all be in different pools anyway lol (modesty aside temporarily)

sauce and jpobs don't play them ^ that much but play each other a lot.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
at the moment, raynex is more or less confirmed, and ministry is a maybe =P

and i dunno if you wanted the same info for canada, but...
raynex, unknown and i play each other a lot generally...ministry and riddlebox too, but a little less so.

sanuzi is kind of inbetween in terms of how often he plays us. he would feel weird having any of those first three in his pool for sure. although based on skill i think raynex, unknown, sanuzi and i should all be in different pools anyway lol (modesty aside temporarily)

sauce and jpobs don't play them ^ that much but play each other a lot.
Information like this is really helpful. Thanks!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We're probably doing 8 pools, so separating Canada won't be a problem. Illinois is bringing 11 players last I checked, so that's why I'm more interested in their frequently played matchups.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
My B-day is the weekend after this tournament, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get two weekends off work in a row.

My schedule is released every Wednesday at midnight, so by then if I happen to have no work on Saturday I'll be coming to this.

Tink

Smash Hero
like, its just hard for Il because we all go to all the tournaments, and they are usaully low turnout/high skill level tournaments. so we all play each other alottt....were also all about 45 mins from each other and play at smashfest occasionally....im speaking for all those that are coming, since we usaully travel together.

id say just try to seperate us all, as best as you can with skill level in mind.

edit: i never see a prob too hard with this in pools...its in bracket that i see complaints....when my first, 2nd, and 3rd round are all my crewmates, that kinda sucks :/.....i like playin new ppls!

idea

Smash Master
My B-day is the weekend after this tournament, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get two weekends off work in a row.

My schedule is released every Wednesday at midnight, so by then if I happen to have no work on Saturday I'll be coming to this.
who's that in your avatar?

Dart!

Smash Master

Also, question for IL:
am i gonna be considered chicago for this or something?

alcheato

Smash Ace
Holy Michigan Smash tournies, Batman! I didn't realize this **** was getting so ****ing hyped. Someone in the Chicago area make room for me in their carpool...or if at least 3 people in the area need a ride, I'll drive. Hit me up, Illinois/Wisconsin.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
FJW is back on board for driving, and now Ann Arbor might be bringing a third car. Updated possibility:

Car 1
Juggleguy
Moose
Duck
Brainjack
Gio
D. Disciple?

Car 2
FJW
Sasha
3Chairz
hewhosmites