• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's only me and FJW driving so far.

Car 1:
Juggleguy
Moose
Duck
?
?

Car 2:
FJW
Brian
?
?

Who wants in and can confirm that they're going? No 'maybe' or 'probably' bull****!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
@Juggleguy ('cause I forgot to quote)

This is FJW, yeah I'm driving. Do you still need a teammate? Let me know the details once you figure it out.

3chairz

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, even though this is a little late, I would just like to say/add that the first one was ****. This was my first tourney, and it's the first time I've ever played smash for 6 hrs straight :laugh:

I also went away from the tourney really REALLY wanting to get better. The last time I wanted to practice smash this much was when I first started playing ssb64 and my friend (who's played for a year then) ***** me for 2 and a half months straight.

But that's beside the point, I just want to say that this monthly series is ****, and I'm defs gonna try and be there every month.

On a more practical note, I'm from the UofM, and I want to go to SWEET II at MSU. Can I get in on the carpool or is it too late?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
freaking awesome. I think they have a few spots left open for cars here.

Sumer

Smash Ace
Can we please host Brawl at this? o.o I'd TO it myself if approved. I know a lot of people up here who want Brawl tourneys, and I can contact them so the turn out would be good. Plus more people would come here and enter the melee event as well. Message me on here or AiB if you want me to host it.

RapE

Smash Ace
Midland crew looks like its going to this so mark down ****/Acro. Roy you better be there man no johns

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
No brawl. why spoil a good thing? no answered my question though as to where this gonna be. I kno I main link, but still, hes not that bad ask bigy

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Brawl is not part of our plan this fall, sorry Sumer. I'm aware of the demand for Brawl around here but it's impossible to do because neither of our venues can handle more than 50 people and our focus right now is on Melee -- our goal is to run Melee smoothly for four monthlies, two each at UM and MSU, and make them as big as possible. We want to evaluate Melee's potential in a campus tournament scene, which was sorely underdeveloped in the 5th Column age. I'll re-consider adding Brawl to tournaments we host during winter term, and actually at this point I'd definitely be up for it as long as you can provide a solid list of attendees and at least two TOs to help.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Juggleguy, ur so nice to try and compensate for these guys. Like a modern day abe lincoln, fighting for equality. Guess I was a lil harsh in segregating the brawl players, I'm sorry

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
oh, cuz u kno that narrows it down. so if i hit east lansing, ill be there?ohhohoh
It's gonna be somewhere in MSU...still don't have a confirmed venue yet. I've been pretty busy this past week, and I'll be kinda busy this week too. I'm going to have to send some emails out so I can confirm a place.

Juggleguy: Did you have to pay for your venue at all?

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
It's gonna be somewhere in MSU...still don't have a confirmed venue yet. I've been pretty busy this past week, and I'll be kinda busy this week too. I'm going to have to send some emails out so I can confirm a place.

Thanks dre. Did anyone talk to shady? Mayb he'll host if u guys can't find a venue. On 2nd thought, he can't rlly accommodate that many ppl. So wat r sum default locations?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
yooooooo i want in on this melee is fun lol
So are you confirmed for my car?
1. Juggleguy
2. Moose
3. Duck
4. Ray
5. Gio
6. ?

Midland crew looks like its going to this so mark down ****/Acro. Roy you better be there man no johns
This is the most rapetacular post I've read all day.

Juggleguy, ur so nice to try and compensate for these guys. Like a modern day abe lincoln, fighting for equality. Guess I was a lil harsh in segregating the brawl players, I'm sorry
Well, I understand the Brawl community's situation; lots of talent, lots of tourney demand, but a huge lack of organization in big potential areas like Ann Arbor and East Lansing. I can fill that void but it won't be until next semester because we're too committed to our current plan to rebuild Melee.

ouch low blow to 5th column
5th Column was good at hosting tourneys and hosting them often, but as far as building a bigger Smash community and recruiting new tourney players... not so much.

It was $50 + $10 late fee because I didn't actually secure the venue until a couple days beforehand LOL but it's a good deal especially since we have the venue all day. Have you guys asked Anthony how he got that classroom in Phillips (I think) for the April MSU tourney? That place was awesome.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Well tech chase kinda has the brawl thing on lock now over at garden city, so if MSU n UofM habe melee on lock, MI should have a straight ssb game

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
next time me n dbiz will run sum 64 fo tho, he aint go no money for a tourney but ill do a $5 buy in, even tho i havent played that one (sober) in like 3 or 4 years

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There's another event on 11/13. Definitely hit that one up with some other WI/IL people! Housing shouldn't be a problem, a lot of us have room in our suites/apartments/houses.

Top Bottom