• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Securing Phillips hall or any other classroom in general really should not be that hard. The biggest issue with it is that they close down most halls @ 10. Which means we have to be running on time.

Good news about that is that my apartment is < 5 min walk away from Phillips, and I have 3 setups, 2 TV's, 4 couchs and plenty of standing room so if it does run over finishing won't be an issue.

Also, can anyone teach me how to be consistent in smash. Sucking sucks.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There's no reason the tourney should run over time, the schedule posted is worst case scenario which would leave us with 3 hours to go through singles bracket. If we had cut off friendlies and pushed harder for matches to be played, SWEET I could have been done by 8pm.

Bigy, you'll have to ask one of the MSU guys. Sounds like Josh (Tremor) has some room, but I won't speak for anyone.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
Im thinking about heading up to this with one other person any idea on how many people plan on attending

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Last time we had a little over 30. We're hoping for about the same at this one.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
Awesome and i talked to a couple more people i might be commin with a total of four and since ill be running through columbus ill see if i can grab anyone else on the way

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
haha i can talk to them im going to pick up my friend God_Voice and well leave from there and that prob where ill end up staying the night from this tourney but i dont know how many i can fit in my car (2004 cavalier), but if i could talk my parents into letting me use their van now then i could bring like 6-8 people

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Guys:

WE NEED SET UPS AND POWER STRIPS

There are very few full set ups here at MSU (I think I'm the only one with one that's easy to transport) and the tourney ran so smoothly last time because of the amount of set ups we had. I want to look into buying TV's just for this, but I'm mad broke and can't afford to dip into my own pocket to do this.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Dre when ca you get this thing reserved?

Do you have Anthony's number so he can get ahold of those smashers from the annual MSU tourneys?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i wont be going but you guys can take my cube and tv to msu if you want

but im sure you guys were already planning on it lol

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Dre when ca you get this thing reserved?

Do you have Anthony's number so he can get ahold of those smashers from the annual MSU tourneys?
I wanna take a look at the place today. I have to ask someone in charge of the building cause the room is locked. I could have it reserved hopefully by the end of next week.

And no, I don't have Anthony's number, Tyler has it though. I say Tyler goes and bugs him about it since he's assistant T.O., lol.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
One of the Lower Lounge rooms in Shaw. I'm picking Shaw cause the Shaw ramp is free on the weekends, and its right outside Shaw. The room I'm trying to get is huge...

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
QuAAZZZZ!!!!

btw, will there be housing for this bad boy?
I likely will be able to house a couple people. I definitely will be going out and partying after though, so I am assuming that I will either be here partying or one of my roommates will be.

I'll have to let you know though man

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I wanna take a look at the place today. I have to ask someone in charge of the building cause the room is locked. I could have it reserved hopefully by the end of next week.

And no, I don't have Anthony's number, Tyler has it though. I say Tyler goes and bugs him about it since he's assistant T.O., lol.
End of next week means you're "hopefully" securing the venue just 7-8 days before the actual event, and with the nature of venues on campus, there are no guarantees. That's cutting it close. Contact the building staff tomorrow so you can spend the weekend finalizing alternatives if West Shaw doesn't work.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
End of next week means you're "hopefully" securing the venue just 7-8 days before the actual event, and with the nature of venues on campus, there are no guarantees. That's cutting it close. Contact the building staff tomorrow so you can spend the weekend finalizing alternatives if West Shaw doesn't work.
I know that. I've already contacted the building staff today. Thing is though, I have to go through some booking office with a request form. I've called today with no response. So I'm calling tomorrow morning and "hopefully" I'll have everything close to finalized by tomorrow.

We do have a back up though, the Community Center over near Travis (Junglefever), its just that its a bit far from campus.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
I likely will be able to house a couple people. I definitely will be going out and partying after though, so I am assuming that I will either be here partying or one of my roommates will be.

I'll have to let you know though man
ay can i party wit yall after? u alrdy kno ill bring da game n i can deff go fo sum spartan hospitality

Top Bottom