• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
scoop-a-doop

And uhh, apparently, if I get the venue, there can't be any "exchange" of money at the venue...so I guess just keep this on the down low. Was there anything like that for you Rob?

Also, whats the expected attendance for this. Roughly how many from AA, West MI, Metro Detroit are coming? I guess reps from each of these places step up and tell me how many are coming. I wanna make sure I have enough seats.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, haha. My event wasn't supposed to feature any transactions of money or provide anyone profit, but I went ahead and reserved it anyway. Rules broken = 2/2!

Tigger

Smash Apprentice
That would be a good idea.

Does anyone live within 45 minutes of Dearborn Heights that would be willing to give me a seat? I can get to where you are if yours 45 minutes from me, then I can be picked up from where you drop me off.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tigger, I'd get you if my car wasn't already full. I'll let you know if the other driver from UM has room.

Trail, get your *** over here for SWEET III (assuming you're goin to St Louis next weekend)

Travis and Dre, I'll send both of you the flyer we used before SWEET I, just change the date/location and you should be good to go. Put out flyers at public billboards 4-5 days before the event, then put another round of flyers out 1-2 days before the event and go crazy this time -- Mark and I put out flyers on every floor of South Quad and North Quad here at UM.

Tigger

Smash Apprentice
Tigger, I'd get you if my car wasn't already full. I'll let you know if the other driver from UM has room.

Trail, get your *** over here for SWEET III (assuming you're goin to St Louis next weekend)

Travis and Dre, I'll send both of you the flyer we used before SWEET I, just change the date/location and you should be good to go. Put out flyers at public billboards 4-5 days before the event, then put another round of flyers out 1-2 days before the event and go crazy this time -- Mark and I put out flyers on every floor of South Quad and North Quad here at UM.
If a spot opens up, let me know please.

alcoady

Smash Ace
i'm thinkin ima bust out a char you guys are never gunna see commin

get ready for a surprise!!!

Duck, put your **** face on cuz we got teams on lock-down like ****in Alcatraz!!

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Just to let you guys know, I have all venue information gathered, I just need to double check a few things.

Juggle: I will send you the information sometime tomorrow (today) so you can edit it into the main post.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Venue info added! Also updated the attendance list and put up a link to the official Facebook event. This **** just got real... GET HYPE

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
ATTENTION:

All of the outlets in the venue are on one side of the room. So if you have any extension chords with the three prongs lying around (like the one pictured below), PLEASE bring them. Power strips are also helpful too.

Also, HYPE.

Top Bottom