• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

4% APR

Smash Champion
Attention Ohio- I had like 40 MI guys cheering for Shady and no one for me, I'm gonna need some support next time guys.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Attention Ohio- I had like 40 MI guys cheering for Shady and no one for me, I'm gonna need some support next time guys.
Sorry man, not used to talking during matches since fighting games arent really my forte. I got you next time son =)

Big_R

Smash Champion
5 dollars? ****in recession i blame obama

also smashfests are for attendance... if kids wanna compete they will pay the money. u can't baby them forever. they either wanna play or they don't. if not they will come to the smashfests until they feel good enough to enter, or they won't enter.

set up an AM bracket if ur trying to grow the community.

you should also stress to em that tournys are the best way to get better, so step it up and enter.

poor college kids need to get a job.

but to say u had so and so entrants is misleading if some kids don't stand a chance and haven't rly ltp yet.

if ur in the market for attracting more travelers and oos the price goes up. more local the price goes down.

i'm coming in acting like u want it to be huge and diverse but maybe you don't. anywho my vote is price increase

soap

Smash Hero
5 dollars? ****in recession i blame obama

also smashfests are for attendance... if kids wanna compete they will pay the money. u can't baby them forever. they either wanna play or they don't. if not they will come to the smashfests until they feel good enough to enter, or they won't enter.

set up an AM bracket if ur trying to grow the community.

you should also stress to em that tournys are the best way to get better, so step it up and enter.

poor college kids need to get a job.

but to say u had so and so entrants is misleading if some kids don't stand a chance and haven't rly ltp yet.

if ur in the market for attracting more travelers and oos the price goes up. more local the price goes down.

i'm coming in acting like u want it to be huge and diverse but maybe you don't. anywho my vote is price increase
You need to check your tone papi, it's their local thing they can charge what they want. It's not a regional.

they should host a regional and advertise it as such imo.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
soap, its not a local thing though, not only have they gone into like every other thread and begged people from different states to come, but lots of us took the bait and are planning on doing it

its gonna have significant attendance from illinois and ohio, thats pretty regional

someone should advertise to toronto, but they wont be as likely to come for a $5 tourney

edit: nvm i did it for you, they got a tourney that day already though i think

Sanu

Smash Champion
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

this is incredibly tempting, I had no idea you guys were hosting tournaments so close by to London, Ontario!! I'm actually hosting a tournament on the same day in Waterloo but I'm definitely going to make it out to one of these some time :)

Sanu

Smash Champion
I might even cancel my tournament if there's enough interest in driving out <-<

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
actually if I can get a ride to and from DTW airport Saturday morning (like someone coming from there pick me up)

I'm pretty sure I could go.

round trip tickets are like $160

someone help me out?

DTW is an hour and a half away from the venue, but like i said if someone could just scoop me up travelling from that area, it would be much appreciated.

DTW is like between Detroit and Ann Arbor.

I'm sure there's MW smashers who live there.

My flight would get to DTW at 9:45 am

but yeah, pretty please with sugar on top could the price be raised???

<3

idea

Smash Master
hey hbox, if we both go, wanna team? the double jiggs team is so fun :laugh:

edit: or i could go one of my crappy alternates, whatever. that's not nearly as silly and unfair, though.

if no one else would do it i bet lain and i would be down hehe

it's awesome that you want to come hbox, but it seems pretty random lol
do you wanna visit someone or something? no one from outside the midwest ever travels to MI tournaments :p (except tyrant i guess)

and yeah hot arms is right. prepare to get ***** by puff's true counter: ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom