• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Alukard

Smash Hero
we get like 40+ entrants and i wait for everyone on the road or stuck in traffic ... its not like melee is a game that brings tons of new people every tournament.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Brian it is a Saturday. IMO we should be starting around 1-2pm so we can finish and enjoy our weekend. I think we get a lot of new people considering and giving them a great experience + time to go home at a reasonable hour really makes a great impression.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Brian it is a Saturday. IMO we should be starting around 1-2pm so we can finish and enjoy our weekend. I think we get a lot of new people considering and giving them a great experience + time to go home at a reasonable hour really makes a great impression.

On this note I will say that I have johnned the last few times about arrival time, but like I rather not make it and have singles be on time etc etc. I mean it sucks but us travelers have to be accountable at some point.

D1

Banned via Administration
I will say I hate driving home late from tourneys cuz my eyes buggin out, and I could randomly pass out on the roadteezy. Not taking stabs at Brian, but just saying what drivers do have to go through when it comes to things starting late.

Max?

Smash Champion
I was just trollin, if anything I'm responsible for holding up most tournaments by at least an hour.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well guys we need to step up and come early. Lets show Brian that we are responsible and will help the community out as much as possible.

Max / T.Webb / Prog lets all bring our Recording setups.

Everyone just show up early. Lets get this going.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i really dont know what approach to go with ... i even said that if everyone that is coming shows up on time i will do draft crews after 100%. I really think draft crews with hype is really fun but if we have a like 4v4 thing i rather just do money matches/friendlies with people.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The faster things are done the better. Whether Draft crews are the result of it or not is not the point. The point is a better experience overall.

Max?

Smash Champion
I'll make it a point to come early, eat/blaze beforehand so I dont leave the second I get to the venue, bring my recording setup and not get black out drunk the night before.

The NEW OT

Alukard

Smash Hero
The faster things are done the better. Whether Draft crews are the result of it or not is not the point. The point is a better experience overall.
i'm well aware of that ... my point was that people want draft crews but its those same people that call saying they are almost here or are running late or w.e ... i can't cater to EVERYONE ... and if i just start being a jerk and starting it at 2pm on the dot people would just complain or wouldn't come ... so i just need people to show up on time so that things will be great and run perfect !

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'll make it a point to come early, eat/blaze beforehand so I dont leave the second I get to the venue, bring my recording setup and not get black out drunk the night before.

The NEW OT
wow, your rating just went down to TG-13.

I might be here earlier than expected, we're looking to peace out from my grandmother's house after lunch, so I might make singles.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i'm well aware of that ... my point was that people want draft crews but its those same people that call saying they are almost here or are running late or w.e ... i can't cater to EVERYONE ... and if i just start being a jerk and starting it at 2pm on the dot people would just complain or wouldn't come ... so i just need people to show up on time so that things will be great and run perfect !
People will learn to come early if you hound them...thats just my opinion.

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm supposed to team with PC for this, but I'm not 100% he's still going. Anyone wanna make $$?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Kay, so m2k sent me a txt telling me he's got a teammate already what a surprise mirite?

Any yea, I'm gonna need a teammate. I guess I'll find one at the tourney.

Uh about me going tomorrow.... uhhhhh might not happen LOL

Maybe

Top Bottom