• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

a nub

Smash Ace
I'm so dumb, for rom 2 I met up with a bx friend and we took 3+ hours getting there through public trans and nj transit's ghey schedule. Turns out the venue is only a 25 min drive from my place lol. I might be able to go.

Alukard

Smash Hero
good ... i'm going to get it to be 5$ venue as well ... we have to revive melee in the tristate area ... everyone please try to make it =]

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i'll be there

every1 has to come we all need to get better

also eggm start playing falco again i really want to beat mango

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lawl, if you leave right at 3 you'll make singles (maybe even doubles knowing no johns. xD). Yah, Jman mogwai is gonna have to get beast and give EC the falco training cause I'm training fox still. :) But fox dittos are still my worst matchup so play me in a lot of friendlies please. :)

Alukard

Smash Hero
well the reason they start late eggm... is because our melee scene barely exists in nyc ... so i can afford to hold it off and play a bunch of friendlies instead of rushing through it ... theres no rush we need to play as much as possible ... mango is still the best ... EC is not on top!

anyway i have nothing to do but to play melee nowadays so ima start practicing ... get ready people!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be cool if me and you got enough entrants to like.. do pools and start on time and all that? :p

Btw, wasn't trying to criticize you for it. Just pointing out that its normally the way it is so PC has more incentive to come.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be cool if me and you got enough entrants to like.. do pools and start on time and all that? :p

Btw, wasn't trying to criticize you for it. Just pointing out that its normally the way it is so PC has more incentive to come.
omg if melee came back like the WOZ days and W2Z days ... smashtality and **** ... too good ... sheesh thats when the scene was sooo nice i was motivated to dust off the cube in my closet and actually move my 360 to the side ... even tho pound 4 was pretty ****ty imo in terms of peoples attitudes at the venue ... it motivated me to try to get melee back up in tristate again like the early no johns days ... hopefully we can have some good turnouts ... or at least have some different standings so it attracts people to try hard and come through!

skrach8

Smash Lord
so are u saying that when i move to NYC ill have to search far and wide for smashers..... I thought NYC had......trains/subways?

EPIC FAIL.... NYC IS SUPPOSED TO BE EAST REPS....whats goin on?

Venom NY

Smash Lord
so are u saying that when i move to NYC ill have to search far and wide for smashers..... I thought NYC had......trains/subways?

EPIC FAIL.... NYC IS SUPPOSED TO BE EAST REPS....whats goin on?
Its not THAT beast, theres definetly alot of smashers in nyc and the trains def. help u get to them lol :laugh:

Life After Death

Smash Champion
its called lazy niggus lol dont worry about ny has mad smashers they just dont travel to tourneys and take it 4 granted that we hav the best transportation lol wait till they live in the south they will be begging for trains

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
if I get this new job and doubles/singles starts at 3pm i will be able to make everyone of these.

my new job would have me workin 8am to noon.

but yeah wish me luck tomm wit dat interview guyz

Top Bottom