• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aposl Presents: Xanadu Games Aposl's birthday bash! 4/14/12 - Baltimore, MD

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm gonna start uploading matches within the next hour. For everyone asking why I forfeited, it's because I don't care about the game anymore unfortunately. After playing Tantalus I realized I was just trying to impress the stream and play flashy and that I really don't care and should just focus on the stream. So I did.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Shoutouts since I finally worked up the courage for this.

ESAM- Your Pika is so fun to watch I hope next time we'll get to play before I leave.
ChuDat- Your Kirby is crazy O_o
Coney- GGs had fun friendlying you and losing to your D3 on stream lol
Luckay- Had fun friendlying you.
Archer- GGs sorry about the salt after the set.
Lie- I look forward to playing you next tourney.
Poyo- Was nice talking to you. GGs, hopefully you won't be rusty next time.
Zanna- GGs, annoying Snake but still had a fun time friendlying you.
Tantulus- Thanks for the controller, was nice meeting you in person.
Otime- Nice playing you, If you need more advice on the MU just ask I have huge amounts of experience in the Rob MU.
Serynder- Very fun jigglypuff dittos we had. Hope to play you at Boss' tourney.
EEvisu- Rawr I claim my revenge once and for all. GGs
Darkflame- Thanks for the advice. Nice meeting you.
Seagull- GGs, your Wolf is scary <.<
2Fast- GGs, learn GW if you want an aerial char to play vs Wario. Donkey wasn't really a good choice.
Smokey Da Bear- Keep working on that Yoshi was fun talking to you.

Sorry for anyone I didn't mention that I also played/talked to. I hope next time I'll do better, I need to stop getting frustrated at being char CPed lol.

Coney

Smash Master
i did about as good as i expected

had an omega brain fart against esam

just got outplayed by chu

fun games

bye

izic

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

1: M2K - It's one thing to watch your matches on youtube and another to play you 1v1 and in person lol. Congrats on the win.
2: ESAM - Didn't talk to you but saw your Pikachu in action in a couple of matches.
3: Logic - Ban metaknight olimar jk
8: Luckay - Who's this Neo you speak of? lol jk
8: Mekos - Didn't talk to you but saw your Lucas in action in dubs.
12:Lie - I think literally watched every game of the MM between you and D1AOS lol
12:poyo - Will do lol
16:IOTA - Interesting Project-M matches lol. Great job at tournament!
16:Zanna - Probably don't remember me but nice talking to you
24:EEvisu - Disappointed with how my matches went but great playing you. I'm now more determined than ever to learn the matchup, especially since MK is no longer banned anymore.
24:pitzer - Nice playing you again
Seagull - Great to finally play your Wolf and get some matchup exp. Hope to MM you again eventually

ChuDat

Smash Master
Haven't done these in a while, but I feel like I should do them :).

M2K - I BEAT YOU IN MELEE LOL!!! You're definitely much worse from when I last fought you.... or I've gotten much better since the last time I fought you? lol

Inui - nice to see ya again.

Cactuar - Grand finals were fun. I guess you should continue to practice so that you can have a chance to get close to beating me lol.

Luckay - Good job beating Boss in that money match. Keep up the hard work! You're definitely getting better :).

Darkflame - Good job beating Seagull in that money match LOL. Thanks for avenging me!

Seagull - Good job, didn't expect you to beat me. I got cocky and decided to money match you after I was tired of playing + I just played grand finals in Melee. LOL, I'll definitely give you a harder challenge next time :).

P~S - If I had coached you vs. Esam from the beginning, you would've had him! LOL. There's always next time. Good job getting third.

Esoj - Amazing set vs. Sin. If you play like that more often, you'd get much better.

Boss - Enter singles next time. You're so good. So, how does it feel to beat M2K + Inui in teams for our first tournament? I'm telling you, practice HELPS! LOL (I know it's not really our first tournament, but it's the first tournament where we actually played as a team. We should practice Melee teams too lol.)

ChuDat - You amazed me this tournament.

Btree - Funniest guy at the tourney LOL.

Apsol/GIMR - GOOD STUFF! Great tournament. I definitely plan on attending more Xanadus :).

Random People I met/played - Sorry, there's a lot of you guys. Our matches we're fun. Don't be afraid to ask me for a friendly. I'm always down to play :).

dkuo

Smash Lord
good tourney guys :)

also here's a bunch of unorganized footage i have recorded from the tiny leftmost melee setup. if anyone wants to bother looking through it here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_B9cadD6Ds there was more but my laptop killed itself while recording :/

shoutouts to jhu, good games and hope to play you guys again. maybe in a 5v5 crew battle :)

oh and hat lol, sick matches. i learned a lot about sheik just from our grand total of 5 tourney matches. i'll get you next time :reverse:

Famous

Smash Champion
It was nice seeing people again and me commentating on some matches was legit...Maybe I might come out of retirement..who knows

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
1: M2K - Good stuff man!! Way to get yer powers back. Now we need to just keep practicing our team and dominate the world!
2: ESAM - Our semi-static team is da best! We did it again! Man chu and boss was a blessing for us to face. Facing a team that is actually using teamwork is a whole different ball game. That was major good experience for us!! For singles, u gotta master some type of bait and punish approach for characters that have more priority than u(Like M2k's mk)....mwhahaah I know u hate that word!! But man 7 tourneys in a row...our domination will forever grow! Lets do this!!
3: Logic - We had an awesome set. Wow I almost got u in that impossible matchup ;)...maybe just maybe I'll get u next time
4: Chu Dat - U my friend are a good dubs player!! I rarely say this and believe only like 6 people in the whole smash community know how to play dubs and u are one of them! Keep it up!! Yer the best Kirby too! And man yer soo smart. And man u have the strongest mental power in the whole smash community. It was so hard trying to get Esam to respect u and not rush u off the stage in the 2v1s. That is such a big mistake people make. Doesn't matter how big the lead is always keep control of the match and don't give it away.
6: O Long Johnson - Coney!! OMG! I got to play the great Coney! THe number 1 DDD in the world. I learned so much and was like wth during our matches but I'll do better next time. Be warned I'm a Saiyan. I only get stronger after every loss. Just ask Logic mwahahaahaha. And it sucks midtier dubs didn't go down. Woah we may have to make a semi-static ness and lucas team!!! Woah! Maybe we should team at Boss' tourney. Esam will be gone back to Florida!!
6: Inui - Dat peach tho...man her screams felt soo good to me mwahahaha lol jk. Yo good stuff in dubs man. I understand yer feelings. But in dubs the team with better teamwork should always win.
8: Luckay - I accept yer challenge!! Let's play at the next tourney...maybe. Ah u know I hate singles. Sorry for that comment. It was for esam u know. He all bragging and stuff like he forgets Samus has a free grab to smash kill which he abused. I'm happy u ***** his Samus!! *****s forgetting Lucas is low tier for a reason!!
8: Mekos - Continue to dominate dubs and help the smash community grow in it pal!
12:Archer - Good stuff man and fun riding with u. ugh white people music!! haha
12:Lie - Cocky *******!! I told u dubs is a "TEAM" game. U will never beat one of my "TEAMS". Me and m2k or me and Esam. All that bragging u did and u lost! Get dominated! GGs other than that. But u deserved it with all yer trash talk uve given me. And that olimar didn't look to bad. Singles is all about gayness. U should master that character and just be lame. That's how smash singles is won imo anyways. Le go!
12:D1AOS - That sonic is amazing.
12:poyo - Good matches man. And thanks for uploading me and M2k's friendlies.
16:IOTA - Wifi!!!! Good stuff going to a tourney man
16:Kenny
16:Zanna
16:Tantulus - Nice commentary...still was a lil mean towards me but was alot better than pound 5. U kinda made it sound like a was being a jerk to Esam. U gotta understand I'm training him in dubs and during the match I'm just communicating. I communicate with passion that's all. Stuff in dubs is done by the second. One small screwup can cost a game or lose a situation. For example, sometimes I go to upsmash an opponents shield. It has good shield pressure but if my partner doesn't team shield pressure immediately after I'm left open. When I did that to CHu I yelled "Esam!" to make sure he saw what I was doing. After I hit Chu's shield he immediately followup up with a perfectly times up smash and it killed Chu. Dubs is serious team business baby! That many people sometimes get focused back into playing like it's 1v1. It's my job to keep our team focused at all times. Play any FPS competitively and u will see they are communicating and working together the whole time at high level play.
24:Serynder - Nice seeing u again wifi pal!! ;)
24:Darkflame - Fun ride my Christian friend!!
24:2Fast - MariooooO!
32:GIMR (forfeit) - Nice stream as usual. And way to upload so fast. VGbootcamp is back!!
32:Killanator - Keep growing stronger u got this. And master Yoshi's grab lameness. Singles is lame stop being afraid to be lame man. U can do it!! Chain grab the crap out of people!!

Boss - U and Chu tho. That teamwork was growing during the tourney. Yall keep growing stronger and let's show the smash community dubs is about teamwork(constant followups, constant punishes, team spacing, and team edge guarding) and not two seperate 1v1 battles. Those matches were the most fun I have ever had in my smash career. Two teams both using teamwork is rare. Thanks both of u so much!! U guys have helped increase Is it Real?'s(mekos and esam) power level

Aposle - HAPPY BDAY!!! Awesome tourney as always!! The only problem is u guys proved my conspiracy!! U always put me against Logic. That is bull. I'm just happy I got to play Coney this time. I want to play other people like m2k, Chu, and Lie. U guys do that crap on purpose and yer caught this time lol cuz there is a vid where u can hear logic's voice saying where people should be placed. So obviously he is placing himself where he feels most comfortable. Why wouldn't he. And he knows he can beat me and he always gets to play me. Not a coincidence. Nothing against yall cuz that is how smash is done. All To's do that. But I specifically asked to not put me on Logic's side simply cuz I want to play other top level players. Not just logic everytime geesh!! Gaaah!! Mada Mada!! Happy bday!!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
After seeing this tourney... I say Chudat is the best Kirby in the world.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PRIORITY IN THIS GAME!

There are literally 4 types of moves

Ground moves
Aerials
Trascendant
Once that always clash (ZSS's nair and MK's glide attack)

Ground moves will always clash (stopping and no damage) with other ground moves if activated on the same frame and both hitboxes and hurtboxes are clashing. There might be something with % too, but I'm not sure

Aerial moves will always trade if their hitboxes both hit the other hurtbox. Always.

Transcendant moves will go through anything, such as MK's sword moves, Falco's laser, Pikachu's thunder, etc.

THe ones that always clash...they always clash regardless of what move in COMES IN CONTACT WITH! You cannot come in contact with transcendant moves, therefore this doesn't apply.

B moves (Often called special moves) can vary between all of these types of moves.

Now of course there are also disjointed hitboxes that come into play, so a disjointed aerial could beat a grounded move out just because one hitbox hits the other hurtbox but not the other way around. This has nothing to do with priority.

Stop. ****ing. Saying. Priority.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I called it like i saw it!

It just seemed like you were frustrated with him, you can see it on the livestream in the expression in your face. You played REALLY well as did Chu and Boss. It was an awesome set of matches

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
That is what I'm saying. I play with passion and my face is showing concern not frustration...
Me and Esam balance each other out cuz he is the complete opposite. He plays completely carefree and even constantly uplifts the enemy.

But that is my point a commentator should be objective. Please don't judge me based on however u "see" it. Ask and I'll tell u. From yer opinion u helped make it seem like I'm a **** or something. U commented alot of times u thought I was yelling at him. Yet u failed to comment how I constantly tell him when he is doing great things and to keep it up. Smh

Thanks tho

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I think you're looking into it way too much

anyways, i think i did a pretty good job this time. I was very informational, just needed a nice color commentator to back me.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mekos, you are making too big of a deal of him saying "it seems like he is yelling at me" because, hell, that's how I would feel had I not been teaming with you for a while. His commentary was amazing and he really only said that like...twice.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
M2K - I BEAT YOU IN MELEE LOL!!! You're definitely much worse from when I last fought you.... or I've gotten much better since the last time I fought you? lol

Cactuar - Grand finals were fun. I guess you should continue to practice so that you can have a chance to get close to beating me lol.

ChuDat - You amazed me this tournament.
lololol

Chu Datz

Aposl

Smash Ace
mekos, anthony wasn't talking about the bracket, he was talking about seeding, and he gave himself a lower seed then I gave him, because her recently lost to chu dat, need to get you a jump to conclusions pad.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Doesn't matter. Call it what u want. My point still stands. Next time. Put me like against m2k, Lie, Coney, etc.
I proved my conspiracy. ALL(As in at every single one) the tourneys I magically fight Logic instead of any of yer other VA/MD players.

I'm not mad I see how TO's and top players in their states do things. I've witnessed it myself....many times at various tourneys.
I like traveling Oos to play the other top oos players. As many VA/MD tourneys I've been to I've should of had the honor to play yer whole PR list in tourney by now. Instead I just play Logic lol.

Please respect me enuff to not play dumb and just not do it again next time. It's been like 5-6 tourneys now.

It's funny cuz I knew it was going to happen and had planned on doing something about it. But yall got me!! The bracket was made during GF of doubles!! haahaha :embarrass:

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
It's never been intentional. If it helps, I played atomsk for like a year straight at every tourny we went to. Weather it was jersey, md, even mlg dallas... it might not actually be a conspiracy
/just saying

Edit: in losers you don't play any md/va? Or getting up to me?

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I appreciate the posts. The crazy thing is usually after u knock me out of winners I usually play u again in losers hahaahaahahaahaha. Crazy huh?

Except for the last three times. This time I got to play Coney. The other time Junebug. And one time I got to play Neo. But back to winners bracket. It is ALWAYS U.

And at 35:37 u hear yer voice talking about where to place people in bracket. Everyone does this stuff tho. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j65NGLIDOI

But just forget it...it's not that serious. I don't care all that much about singles. If i did I would continue tho ;). Cuz *****s aint dumb out here!! haha

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Rishi, there was definitely someone who almost made me say "whoa what is smash god doing here"
I think I know who you're talking about. He's my friend from JHU and at Shell Shocked XII someone actually came up to him and was like "yo what's up smash god?"

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
wait let me get this straight, Mekos, instead of having you play Logic deep into the winners bracket based off of seeding and a randomly generated bracket, you'd rather us rig the bracket to cater to your wants so you can play who you want to play?

Top Bottom