• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aposl Presents: Xanadu Games Aposl's birthday bash! 4/14/12 - Baltimore, MD

Aposl

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone for coming out for my birthday! It was fun and I had a great time, thank you all! I want to give a major shout out to Nick Riddle who donated 50 dollars to our head set fun, hes the man! Couldn't of asked for more for my B-day bash!

Brawl Doubles: http://challonge.com/4142012brawldoubles
1: Esam and Mekos ($120)(60%)
2: Boss and Chu ($60) (30%)
3: Inui and M2K ($20) (10%)
4: Lie and Logic
6: Pitzer and Luckay
6: Stark and Slug
8: Archer and Dark Flame
8: EEvisu and Esoj
10:D1AOS and Rubberbandman
10:Quincy and Delvon

Melee Doubles: http://challonge.com/4142012meleedoubles
1: M2K and Cactaur ($120) (winner take all)
2: Hat and Plank
3: VooDoo and Fears
4: Big Wenz and CTL
6:Beetree and Dos V
6:Hot Energy

Brawl Singles: http://challonge.com/4142012brawlsingles
1: M2K ($204) (60%)
2: ESAM ($102) (30%)
3: Logic ($34) (10%)
4: Chu Dat
6: O Long Johnson
6: Inui
8: Luckay
8: Mekos
12:Archer
12:Lie
12:D1AOS
12:poyo
16:IOTA
16:Kenny
16:Zanna
16:Tantulus
24:Otime
24:Slug
24:Serynder
24:Jrugs
24:EEvisu
24:pitzer
24:Darkflame
24:2Fast
32:GIMR (forfeit)
32:Stark
32:O Don Piano
32:Smokey Da Bear
32:Izic
32:Killanator
32:Beetree
32:Rubberbandman
34:Lobos
34:papero

Melee Singles: http://challonge.com/4142012meleesingles
1: Chudat
2: Cactaur
3: M2K (forfeit o Cactaur in losers finals)
4:plank
6:Hat
6:Wenbo
8:Dos V
8:Beetree
12:Inui
12:Afro Bandit
12:Zero
12:Dkuo
16:Fortune
16:Amen
16:Big Wenz
16:King of Cereal
17: Raft Builder

The Stream Archive: http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/314979503
Youtube Upload page:http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUj1J3QuIftjOq9iv_rr7Egw&feature=plcp
Lastly I will keep editing this thread with results, but I have posted it it in its current condition just as a draft.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Pretty sure he didn't win any games with him so it shouldn't be listed.

:017:
I mean with that logic then players who don't win any games at all shouldn't have a character next to their name. :smirk:

It just appears that Lie never used Diddy and sandbagged when I believe he used him against Chu and lost. Sort of a misrepresentation.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Otime is a R.O.B. (at least I saw him use R.O.B. in the set of him vs Iota I recorded) and Killanator is a PT/Yoshi. I dunno if he used his Yoshi in bracket or not, but he used PT vs Zanna. Figured I'd point that out since their characters are unlisted.

Is winning MMs with Kirby enough to get him listed next to my name? o,o

I used him vs Deez in bracket, but got 2-stocked. But still, I haven't quit Kirby. :D

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Aposl - Happy birthday again and thanks for hosting/good job!

Gimr - Thanks for hosting and good job!

Melee -

Wenz - GGs, lol I got ****ed up but I'll do better next time.

Fortune - GGs, and fun playing all those friendlies with you. Hope you can make it to the next thing so we can play some more.

Inui - I know you just finished playing a bunch of Brawl before our set, but GGs lol.

Wenbo - I'm pretty sure I am countered by College Park, I'm gonna change that tho. GGs yo.

Cereal - we totally didn't play at all lol. Keep repping DK!

DOSV - we are a bad team >_>

Smash God - GGs! Haven't played you in well over a year I'm pretty sure.

GGs to people I played in Melee friendlies but can't spell/remember their tags LOL. Ganon guy good ****. Roy/Fox/Marth guy I played before signups good **** lol. I was the Peach/Samus playing black guy.

HAT - sup

Plank - LOL thanks for making that set feel so hype, I felt all motivated and ****.

Brawl -

Lobos - YEAH LOBOS GET 2-0'D BY BTREE LOL

Esam -Goob job destroying me lol, fun commentating with you.

Papero - GGs, last hit last stock matches are so serious lol.

Poyo - LOL good job ripping me a new one, and Metaknight Da Best too good.

Phil - Fun commentating with you for a bit, wish I could've did a better job but I don't got **** to say about Brawl matches tbh lol.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
How close was M2K vs Chu in Melee? Will there be any videos of that cause that would be super hype.

Aposl

Smash Ace
chu versus m2K was streamed so it is in the archive, and should be on our youtube in some time

Aposl

Smash Ace
Tant I just did it that way because it was easier for me to do it that way, lol. It doesn't matter though, if you didn't get 1-4th place your sharing placements with other players.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'll upload the matches tomorrow, can't start today, staying at work late

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
There is two matches of me and coney putting in work against m2k and inui. If u ever have time please upload them. It's during the beginning and the last two matches of our friendlies.
it's Lucas and ness vs mk and peach.
sv and Final D

If not it's cool

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
There is two matches of me and coney putting in work against m2k and inui. If u ever have time please upload them. It's during the beginning and the last two matches of our friendlies.
it's Lucas and ness vs mk and peach.
sv and Final D

If not it's cool
On my recording set-up (the one with the laptop in the corner of the room) or the livestream? If it's on my setup, I'll see if I have it, near the end of the tourney, the laptop was on, but wasn't recording due to the rest of the tourney sets for the day going to be on livestream, so I saved what I had.

If you can remember, can you let me know the time of the day it was? The file I recorded is a non-edited 9+ hour file, so I'll have to skim through it to find the matches.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
there's a bunch of matches of me and inui putting in work against mekos and esam and mekos + everyone except coney's ness (while I was testing out various controllers from Tantalus), please upload those too (there's a lot of them) if ur gonna upload the ones he asked. all or nothing =P. if not it's cool

in melee i told chu id split b4 we played so i told him id change chars every game and keep going to FD (cept last game i went DL64 cuz i wanted to win with falcon but didnt) but i got ***** =/. wobbles, chu, and fly all have set wins over me in the past 16 months. ;_; Some Melee player that's good vs ICs should critique me in this MU

Here's the thing vs ICs in Melee. I'm good at EDGE GUARDING with Fox, but ****ty at fighting with fox.
I'm good at FIGHTING with sheik/marth, but not so great at edge guarding with them vs ICs.

i need to know how to edge guard ICs RELIABLY with marth/sheik, or fight better with fox (since fox Bair ***** their recovery).

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
M2K and Mekos, are you talking about the recording setup I had in the corner of the room or the livestream setup? If they're on my recording setup, I'll get to uploading them tomorrow.

Anyway, I've uploaded all the bracket/MMs (matches I know that are MMs anyway) I recorded on my channel, so anyone interested in watching sets that weren't livestreamed can watch them. :D

http://youtube.com/KirbysDreamLand3

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
M2K and Mekos, are you talking about the recording setup I had in the corner of the room or the livestream setup? If they're on my recording setup, I'll get to uploading them tomorrow.

Anyway, I've uploaded all the bracket/MMs (matches I know that are MMs anyway) I recorded on my channel, so anyone interested in watching sets that weren't livestreamed can watch them. :D

http://youtube.com/KirbysDreamLand3
lol no he is talking about our friendlies at the beginning of the tourney(the live stream setup) on the main setup lolol.
Dang M2k!! U have to admit those matches looked cool!!! And I love dubs they can upload those ones too if u really want!! :bee: And yall didn't **** me and esam except for the first friendly haha. That was pretty bad lol. We got yall back the next one tho ;)

But Poyo I think on yer recording setup their may be some matches of me and m2k practicing dubs and putting in work ;). U can upload those if u want.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I have some suggestions, for next time...

Aposl- I loved commentating with you, and you are much better than I am, but there needed to be some priority made on the bracket and the Tournament Organizing. If you had asked I would have been happy to help. You guys did a great job trying to manage so much between the two of you, but ultimately it wasn't a two person job. On the melee side, I'm sure HAT plank or btree would have done the bracket for you also. I started to step in when you got overwhelmed and just made people play their brawl matches. But there is no reason 20 man team tournaments should take 3 hours in any format with 6 setups running. I know you guys had a lot on your plates, so it's just a suggestion, i'm not trying to be super critical but more constructive so your events can be REALLY successful and not just a good time. Honestly it was quite a pain to have people asking Coney and I about brackets when we are just trying to talk about a match to the stream because people don't know what is going on, and that is where some of what i'm saying stems from. I personally had a blast and am very thankful you put on the event.

Also, I would recommend using Tio next time. You can still use the Online bracket for your records and uploading purposes, just fill it out after the fact. Tio is WAY faster and easier to do seeding and that would've helped you get things rolling way faster. I also recommend having Tio/TO software on a laptop so you can move around and get results. I'm really pestering but that is how i get stuff done. Just a suggestion.

So I'll end with the positives: Shoutouts!

Poyo- You've improved a ton. Just remember that your self-worth shouldn't be determined by something of this world, as everything in this world is imperfect. It was good playing you and chatting with you, lets do teams one of these days. I'm also really proud of you that you didn't get mad or throw any controllers and that you took time to get a recording setup going. Thanks for buying a controller.
Zander- good seeing you
Aposl- Tons of fun commentating with you. Hope you had a great birthday, it was a pleasure to celebrate with you.
GIMR- good match, finally beat you! Even if we're both rusty. I know you haven't played so I hope you get back into it.
ESAM- you're crazy lol
Mew2King- Sorry none of my controllers worked out. Glad you found one.
Inui- Step it up, your peach is booty, good to see you as always.
Boss- you're awesome, keep up the 9 hammers
Chu- amazing match in the grand finals of teams, it was an honor to commentate the finals
Mekos- You've improved a ton too. Glad to see you doing well in singles also. You and ESAM have great teamwork. Also, someone needs to tell me how to pronounce your real name.
EE- my *****, i out placed you, explain
Darkflame- thanks for buying a controller. My wife and I appreciate it, it paid for some meals for us.
Big Wenz- you're an awesome dude, it's great to see you. Thanks for buying a controller. See above.
Plank- good to see you still active. What's with the scruffle
HAT- glad to know you're still alive and well. Do some martial arts training and you'll be MD/VA Melee PRs soon!
Btree- you're awesome
2fast- you're snake is good, but i was actually more scared of Mario. I hate novelty matchups. Keep it up, you guys are all getting tougher, the neo woodbridge crew.
deez- nice mm, glad i got a game off you this time, i'm gonna take you eventually.
ESOJ- good job winning the money, like you needed it though! Sova
Sova- thanks for coming all the way up for a great event. You guys have improved a lot too.
Papa Lobos- VERY good to see you. Next event i run, i'm gonna ask you to help me and ee run it. don't go too far!
New players- keep it up! I saw a lot of new players that were playing very well and have a ton of talent.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Thanks for the props tant, and I will definitely do the next one with you as well,me and Calvin actually discussed it being a lot of work, in need of more help, I mean at this point VGBootCamp is obviously MD/VA biased so we might as well start absorbing everyone into our group anyway, LOL. But seriously your help will be very welcome, plan on starting the planning for the next one within the week.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Shoutouts:

Tant- Cool talking with ya.
Phil- Always a pleasure.
To those I MM'd- Good games. Twas fun. Win or lose, MM's always make things more exciting.
Esam- Nice seeing you again.
M2k- Nice seeing you again.
Inui- Fun talking with ya.
Pitzer- Nice seeing you again. Thanks for ordering chinese with me.
Gimr/Aposl- Good job running the tourney and handling the live stream.
Coney/Zak- I'll always cheer you on and try to help you out. Your number one fanboy Seagull.
Logic- Good job getting 3rd.
Lie- Don't get so emotional in brawl. You take this game too hard at times (Whenever you aren't winning). Just cause you lost to Chu didn't mean you had to basically give up the rest of the tourney. Just some advice.
Luckay- Keep working on that :pit:.
Kenny- Love you.
Iota- Thanks for coming out kid~! Try to make it out more events.

Anyone else I forget, I can add a shoutout later. Lemme know~.

:018:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
woot, love shoutouts

1: M2K ($204) (60%) - Your mk is a monster. lol @ "Wait, I just played a Pit" Wish I was good enough to where it doesn't look like you're beating me while taking a nap on livestream.
2: ESAM ($102) (30%) - Yo, I want my pikachu to get away with some of the crazy **** yours does. Good **** taking games off of m2k, should have gone pikachu the entire set cuz I love watching your chu. Stop being so good and staying in bracket until GFs so we can actually pika ditto for once. O, but that Samus of yours, Mr. Eric SAMus, is atrocious. :troll:
3: Logic ($34) (10%) - You looked like you were having fun against ESAM even though you were losing lol. Good job on 3rd, best in MD for sure.
4: Chu Dat - Nice seeing you again, you **** in doubles as always.
6: O Long Johnson - Bout to lose a set to a 14 year old, smh. Told you Ness aint gonna do stuff DDD won't do, keep running back to that penguin. <3
6: Inui - lol @ your mentality about brawl and campy characters when you use the best character in the game.
8: Luckay - Should have beaten inui, these mk banned/legal tournaments flip flopping is taking a toll on my mk mu exp. 7th4Lyphe
8: Mekos - Nice seeing you again man. Salty we didn't get to play, especially after when I was ****** ESAMs samus and he called your region free then you say that you beat me when the last time we played was like Pound V.
12:Archer - Ggs in bracket, I definitely lucked out against you games 2 and 3.
12:Lie - Stop going mk/olimar, use your main and never give up.
12:D1AOS - Same with archer, our set was really close. It could have gone either way, our MMs afterwards is proof.
12:poyo - Good to see you improving and not breaking stuff. Saw that match vs tant, your mk looks scary now.
16:IOTA - Most surprising thing about this tourney was the little kid walking around and being as good as or better than the 18-20 year olds lmao. Nice to meet and play you, good stuff vs Coney's Ness.
16:Kenny - O, but that qac lock.
16:Zanna - Nice to see you again, man.
16:Tantulus - Psh, another person going their real main when they say they only have fun playing *insert mid/low tier here* Nice to see you again though.
24:Otime - Wazaaaaap mah dawg. Yo we gotta chill sometime man, cuz I don't know who the **** you are.
24:Slug - ^
24:Serynder - ^
24:Jrugs - Heard you beat FreeEVisu. Good **** dude, you've gotten waaay better since last year.
24:EEvisu - Yo! You suck man, how you gonna lose to jrugs. Kidding bro, everyone has off days, I got some losses here I wish I didn't too. You're still the funniest person I know lmao.
24:pitzer - Good to see you comin out and repping pit again. Don't let the placing get you down, get back up and fly again.
24:Darkflame - Heard you beat seagull in a MM. You got some potential deep down in you, ICs is starting to get amazing in the states, come to more events and use this to your advantage.
24:2Fast - Good seeing you and your crew again, dude.
32:GIMR (forfeit) - Why you forfeit tho
32:Stark - Too bad about that MM man, it was close though so you made it entertaining. You've gotten really good, we have so much untapped talent in our region.
32:O Don Piano - You good bro, you good.
32:Smokey Da Bear - Dat wiimote looking a little light in your hands bro. Get a GC controller imo.
32:Izic - Yo neo, whats with this booty placing? :awesome:
32:Killanator - True.
32:Beetree - Yup.
32:Rubberbandman - Ggs in dubsies.
34:Lobos - Good to see ya again man.
34:papero - Good to see you had a nice time at your first tourney.

archer.

Smash Lord
Shout-outs! =]

ESAM: Thanks for driving and being ESAM. 2nd place doesn't suit you but better luck next time. Hope you have a good summer vacation back in FL.
Logic: GG's in teams, hope to see you around NC sometime.
Lie: ^
ChuDat: GGs in tournament and in friendlies, that Kirby is a monster. I wish I wouldn't have made so many mistakes in all of our games but at least I have a lot to think about now.
Coney: I enjoyed our friendlies, thanks for playing with me.
Luckay: Probably my favorite set this tournament. I'm a bit upset at myself for how game 3 ended but these things happen. Seriously GGs man.
Mekos: White people music.
D1AOS: Thanks for the friendlies.
Poyo: Good stuff with all the recording you did.
IOTA: GGs. Your Wario has potential. Don't get so mad when you lose, the only thing you'll get out of it is a busted controller. =/
Kenny: Pretty sure I played you some. GG's man.
Slug: GG's. Sorry I didn't get around to MMing you later though.
Serynder: GG's in our MM. '08 combos too good.
Pitzer: Didn't talk or hang out much but it was good seeing you. Also GG's in teams.
DarkFlame: Thanks for teaming with me, and keep it up with your IC's.
Stark: GG's. I happen to have a lot of Marth experience LOL.
GIMR: Thanks for hosting
Aposl: ^, also hope you had a good birthday!
Killanator: How do you function on that little sleep?
Boss: GG's in our MM. Next time maybe I won't be so anti-clutch. =[
Seagull: Didn't talk for long or hang out much, but it was nice seeing you again. Also thanks for offering to house us. Wish we could have played though. Maybe next time.

Had a really good time this tournament! Except for the whole trying to sleep in the car thing, that didn't turn out so well... >_>

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Time to finally do shoutouts! :D

M2K - I finally actually got to stay to the end of a tourney to see you win which made me very happy. Glad you find a controller and you were playing on fire! Good stuff beating ESAM, Vinnie and Dabuz are next! :D
ESAM - Fun friendlies and you're definitely one of the most lively people I've seen play, glad to see how you had a good time during all your sets. :D
Logic - Didn't get to play you, but good stuff taking a game from ESAM, even if your set was like a friendly. XD
Chu Dat - Great seeing you, you were definitely getting off in teams and got off in some of your singles sets. You got PS next time. :D
Coney - That Ness is pretty good. O.o
Inui - MechWarrior has the best DK. :D
Luckay - Thanks for letting me borrow your controller at the beginning of the tourney.
Mekos - GGs, fun set and thanks for the advice afterwards. :D
Archer - Nice talking to you.
Lie - You shouldn't have given up after Winner's, looking at your loser's bracket, if you beat Inui, you probably would've gotten 4th seeing how it was people you usually beat.
D1AOS - Nice talking to you, even if it was for like only 20 seconds. XD
Poyo - Glad I decided to come to this tourney, I was thinking about not going because I didn't get any sleep the night before (only got sleep in the car ride) and hadn't practiced much the past month, but I did better than I expected and had a good time, so I'm glad I went. :D
IOTA - Great to finally see you offline! You're definitely legit, really took me by surprise in our money match. O.o Hope to see you at more tourneys. :D
Kenny - GGs, fun money matches. Omnigay too good. XD
Zanna - We didn't get to talk much, but you had it vs D1AOS then choked. D:
Tantalus - It was nice talking and hanging out with you, you're gonna get back into beating me like you did in 2010... I just don't know when... I'm scared of when it happens. XD
Otime - Not sure who you were, but it's good to see a R.O.B. player. :D
Slug - GGs, I definitely played better in our money match than tourney set. XD
Serynder - I heard about the SD vs Inui, that sucks. D: I honestly think you need to be seeded higher at tourneys, you're just as good as me but I'm seeded a lot higher than you. It sucks you got 17th by losing to 1st and 5th place. =/
Jrugs: GGs, good money matches, just learn from them and you'll get better. :D
EEvisu - Thanks EE (you know what I'm talking about). :D
Pitzer - Fun talking to ya. :D
Darkflame - Thanks for the talk DarkFlame, I really needed it. Also GGs in our tourney set, definitely my closest tourney set, I really thought you beat me when you grabbed me so early game 3, I got lucky you dropped it. >_<
2Fast - Nice seeing you again, wish we got to MM. XD
GIMR - Dunno why you forfeit in loser's, but good job with the tourney. :D
Stark - GGs, fun MMs, I beat you with MK and soon I'm gonna do it with Kirby too when I don't die to Up-B's at 80. XD
Aposl - Happy birthday and good job running the tourney! If I get an Ivysaur or Charizard plushie, you can have them, but Dream (my Squirtle) is mine. o,o
Smokey Da Bear - Good stuff almost beating K9, I saw it was close game 3, turned away for a little bit, turned back and he won. What happened? XD
Izic - You're one of the new guys right? Good to see more new rising players, come to more tourneys. :D
Killanator - Who do you even main, PT or Yoshi? XD
Beetree - LOL @ our set! GGs! Meta Knight Da Bess! ;D
Rubberbandman - Didn't talk to you, but good coming to the tourney. :D
Lobos - Didn't talk to you, but good coming to the tourney. :D
Papero - You're one of the new guys right? Good to see more new rising players, come to more tourneys. :D

Shoutouts complete. :D

Top Bottom