• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aposl Presents: X Games 3; Aposl's 24th Birthday! All I want is your presence!

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Just use the Japanese ruleset. No need to ban Meta Knight because of stage-provided options. Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar shouldn't ever be legal, anyway. Counter picking should be so that you eliminate the disadvantages for your character, so that otherwise disadvantaged match-ups are more tolerable for the player due to gained options.

Otherwise the stage is doing what you should be. x_x.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I'd honestly prefer RC/brin with MK banned over a 3/6 stage ruleset, that's my Wario bias talking though...x.x

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Why the **** is there like two pages about whether or not MK should be banned in a Melee&Brawl tournament thread? Just keep him unbanned for this tournament and **** the whiners. They knew what they were getting into by playing tournament Brawl. #shotsfired

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The Melee rules are kinda solidified (THere aren't really many changes short of maybe adding/subtracting 1 stage) and Aposl asked a question. Stop being a random douchebag.

God damn it I try to be tolerant of the Melee community, but they are such unnecessary *******s sometimes (Keep in mind I am still a Melee player)

Ghostype

Smash Champion
@FreESAM ~ I didn't say anything bad about Brawl in any way, you're kinda taking my post the wrong way, champ. I said **** the whiners not **** Brawl. Maybe you didn't read it properly, but I definitely just said leave MK unbanned and nothing else about the game or your ruleset problems. Anyway, I will reply in detail without trolling for once.

Why do anonymous Brawl players wanna get defensive over nothing? I even planned on entering the Brawl tournament. I'll probably lose to a Metaknight if he's unbanned, but do you think I'll complain? Nah man, cause it's a game and you shouldn't ***** and moan over a character being too hard to fight.

You wanna pay money to enter a tournament and compete and/or improve yourself by facing challenging opponents, then isn't Metaknight a more logical choice to play against over say...Mario? Wouldn't you dudes be more satisfied if you beat a Metaknight with your Marth or whatever than beating a Lucario?

I remember when NEO beat Inui with Marth way back in tourney. Dude was so hyped cause MK is exceedingly difficult to fight on fair ground for most characters. It's ****ing awesome when **** like that happens so what the crap is with anti-Metaknight supporters. **** makes the game more hype and Brawl kinda needs that.

Just wondering. If you like, wanna argue about this at the tournament or something, then feel free to find me. It's fun lol

Edit: Btw still need a teammate for Melee if I can't find DOSV

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Calling the community "whiners" normally makes your posts seem a little...arrogant and condescending. Sorry that I misread it, but I'm sure more people read it the way I did than what you meant. Also, the #shotsfired signifies aggression, you *******. Maybe if you actually knew what phrases meant and meaning behind it you would actually understand that.

It isn't like the MK ban was randomly brought up with no reason behind it: Unity Ruleset has MK banned and the community is fairly split. There are some people who will come only if MK is legal (because they main him) and people that will only show up if MK is banned. Also, saying "**** a whole group of people who Aposl clearly wanted to hear from" is ********. If it was a random issue as opposed to him literally asking "should we ban MK?" I would understand, but he ****ing asked. So please, shut the **** up and play Melee and just ignore us if we are just "Whiners"

Also, I'm not anonymous, I'm the person who is probably going to win this tournament...But again, I don't expect Melee players to know who is good in Brawl because the majority of them have their head stuck too far up their ***** to know what is going on in any other community.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Calling the community "whiners" normally makes your posts seem a little...arrogant and condescending. Sorry that I misread it, but I'm sure more people read it the way I did than what you meant. Also, the #shotsfired signifies aggression, you *******. Maybe if you actually knew what phrases meant and meaning behind it you would actually understand that.

It isn't like the MK ban was randomly brought up with no reason behind it: Unity Ruleset has MK banned and the community is fairly split. There are some people who will come only if MK is legal (because they main him) and people that will only show up if MK is banned. Also, saying "**** a whole group of people who Aposl clearly wanted to hear from" is ********. If it was a random issue as opposed to him literally asking "should we ban MK?" I would understand, but he ****ing asked. So please, shut the **** up and play Melee and just ignore us if we are just "Whiners"

Also, I'm not anonymous, I'm the person who is probably going to win this tournament...But again, I don't expect Melee players to know who is good in Brawl because the majority of them have their head stuck too far up their ***** to know what is going on in any other community.

U mad bra> #shotsfired

Btw I know who you are, I use Smashoards (sometimes!). Why are you attacking Melee players when I clearly only attacked anti-Metaknight people and said nothing about Brawl lol?

I already said I'ma enter the Brawl tournament, why would I hate on Brawl and then pay money to enter a tournament for it (I even said I was gonna bring a Wii and Brawl earlier in the thread??). Using me to insult Melee players for no reason, that's some deeply rooted anger **** right there dawg lol.

Also I don't really care if MK is banned or not. I just felt like starting **** after work, no offense intended to people I called whiners lol.

Aposl

Smash Ace
looks in thread: uhhhhhhhhhh.... yeah i dont need reasons why you want me to do mk ban or not, i just wanted a vote. Looks like MK is staying in. Stage list will MOST LIKLEY be Japanese ruleset at this moment.

Vist

Smash Champion

LOL..you're still misreading it. He said, " Just keep him unbanned for this tournament and **** the whiners.", which is not calling the entire brawl community "whiners".

And of course you shouldn't expect melee players to know who is good in brawl just like you shouldn't expect brawl players to know who is good in melee. Don't make assumptions about the "majority" of melee players having their heads up their ***** because all you're doing is showing us that you got your own head stuck up your ***.

anyway, brawl sucks :troll:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm still in the Melee community, I just don't go to as many tournaments since there isn't guaranteed profit. Even from the Melee players I know, they all ****-talk Brawl, and the community. At least I only ****-talk the Melee community as a whole. The individuals are pretty cool, but the Brawl scene is just more open. Take it as you will, but I know what I'm talking about.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
LOL..you're still misreading it. He said, " Just keep him unbanned for this tournament and **** the whiners.", which is not calling the entire brawl community "whiners".

And of course you shouldn't expect melee players to know who is good in brawl just like you shouldn't expect brawl players to know who is good in melee. Don't make assumptions about the "majority" of melee players having their heads up their ***** because all you're doing is showing us that you got your own head stuck up your ***.

anyway, brawl sucks :troll:
But Vist, we got no right to throw out our opinions on the internet without being called *******s since we definitely don't know anything about the game (since we never played it apparently and I definitely didn't host tons of Brawl parties in Woodlawn with Turbo and DK Smash forever), so you apologize right now mister.

And he totally shouldn't have just ignored my post if he didn't like what I had to say. :troll: :troll: :troll:

I need my audio/video cable back Aposl or Gimr, I can go to Xanadu and get it if it's there, but I just need to know if it's actually at Xanadu. sadface.jpg

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
All you need is a ride back home right? You already have a ride there if your parents let you go

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
You wanna pay money to enter a tournament and compete and/or improve yourself by facing challenging opponents, then isn't Metaknight a more logical choice to play against over say...Mario? Wouldn't you dudes be more satisfied if you beat a Metaknight with your Marth or whatever than beating a Lucario?
No, if you want to pay money to enter a tournament to WIN, then MK is a more logical choice over everybody else, ESPECIALLY Mario.

If you want to go to a tournament to meet skilled players using a variety of characters, and hopefully get some interesting matches, then you support the MK ban and choose whoever you like.

There is little satisfaction beating MKs with my Mario, because I know they simply were not good players AT ALL. It is a completely hopeless matchup, so it either means having an unnecessarily difficult time with a much less skilled player, or just getting annihilated after a terrible struggle with anyone else. It's not fun to play against him, and I'm not changing mains. Alot of people choose their main because they like the character, not because they think they'll win. Those players, like me, won't show for an MK legal tournament anymore. That's all there is to it.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
No, if you want to pay money to enter a tournament to WIN, then MK is a more logical choice over everybody else, ESPECIALLY Mario.

If you want to go to a tournament to meet skilled players using a variety of characters, and hopefully get some interesting matches, then you support the MK ban and choose whoever you like.

There is little satisfaction beating MKs with my Mario, because I know they simply were not good players AT ALL. It is a completely hopeless matchup, so it either means having an unnecessarily difficult time with a much less skilled player, or just getting annihilated after a terrible struggle with anyone else. It's not fun to play against him, and I'm not changing mains. Alot of people choose their main because they like the character, not because they think they'll win. Those players, like me, won't show for an MK legal tournament anymore. That's all there is to it.
So if you're not showing up to this because MK is not banned (that's what you said at the end of your essay), why the **** are you posting in this thread? You're a Mario player anyway, basically every match up is like fighting Metaknight to you. Cause you suck and use a character like Mario as a john.

Boss is like one of the only two Marios in the Galaxy (Mario Galaxy is a game title), and I don't see him in here whining that Metaknight should be banned (I didn't actually read any posts but I'm assuming he didn't vote ban MK, cause he's a black guy. And black people are notoriously cocky and think they're the **** at fighting games cause they're black and ****. The **** is up with that anyway?).

If Boss isn't complaining even though he's black (so he doesn't care), why are you complaining? Just play a perfect game and you'll never lose to Metaknight.

You know what I complained about when I played Brawl? Losing to the only two Ice Climbers that could infinite grab at this big tournament in NC once (like...two years ago LOL), in the same pool. That seemed slightly more un winnable than a Metaknight but I still wasn't like lol ban ICs cause they infinite.

And no you may not respond to this post, because I am a Melee elitist and will not associate with you.

Edit: Why do so many black guys play Brawl?

Edit: DOSV is coming to this!

Famous

Smash Champion
So if you're not showing up to this because MK is not banned (that's what you said at the end of your essay), why the **** are you posting in this thread? You're a Mario player anyway, basically every match up is like fighting Metaknight to you. Cause you suck and use a character like Mario as a john.

Boss is like one of the only two Marios in the Galaxy (Mario Galaxy is a game title), and I don't see him in here whining that Metaknight should be banned (I didn't actually read any posts but I'm assuming he didn't vote ban MK, cause he's a black guy. And black people are notoriously cocky and think they're the **** at fighting games cause they're black and ****. The **** is up with that anyway?).

If Boss isn't complaining even though he's black (so he doesn't care), why are you complaining? Just play a perfect game and you'll never lose to Metaknight.

You know what I complained about when I played Brawl? Losing to the only two Ice Climbers that could infinite grab at this big tournament in NC once (like...two years ago LOL), in the same pool. That seemed slightly more un winnable than a Metaknight but I still wasn't like lol ban ICs cause they infinite.

And no you may not respond to this post, because I am a Melee elitist and will not associate with you.

Edit: Why do so many black guys play Brawl?

Edit: DOSV is coming to this!
Why do black people play Brawl? Because we like making unviable characters look viable and fun d((-_-))b.

Like...me and Boss never cared about MK being legal or not...Still enter Locals/Regionals/Nationals unbiased about the sheit...ALTHOUGH, Boss DOES make it a bigger obligation to go to MK banned/Low-tier tournies because of his higher chances of making cake...I don't blame him though.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
\

Epic trollfail. Wouldn't expect anything more from a Melee player though. Maybe if trolling was more like memorizing short, tedious button combinations?
What are you even talking about? You guys keep responding to my posts like I actually put thought into them, it would be a fail trolling attempt if I get ignored. And you're gonna respond to this as well because you suffer from "last word syndrome". Go practice for a mid tier tournament or something lool.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
What are you even talking about? You guys keep responding to my posts like I actually put thought into them, it would be a fail trolling attempt if I get ignored. And you're gonna respond to this as well because you suffer from "last word syndrome". Go practice for a mid tier tournament or something lool.
Cared enough to respond with "last word syndrome". Mission accomplished. :troll:

See what I did there? But seriously, keep going. Moso be internettin.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Cared enough to respond with "last word syndrome". Mission accomplished. :troll:

See what I did there? But seriously, keep going. Moso be internettin.
Obviously I care enough to respond, why else would I have started posting all the **** I did? I can't get people to argue with me if I'm not posting. Using my own words against me doesn't really work in this situation, if I'm blatantly starting ****. So no, I don't see what you did there. But this is way too off topic so I'm gonna stop posting this **** in Aposl's thread now/every time I see you post I just wanna ignore it anyway, so I'll start now lool.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Will you guys stop arguing? Jeesh why do the melee and brawl communities have to act like complete *******s to each other.....

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Aah. There's no gain to anybody from this.

Would anyone like to do a double Jigglypuff team for mid tiers? I'll pay the entry fees for that. It'll just be for fun. o:

And would anyone like to team for the regular teams event?

Also, for future reference for people just seeing the thread and who are interested, who doesn't currently have a team mate, and is interested in joining for either regular teams or mid tiers?

Top Bottom