• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aposl Presents: X Games 3; Aposl's 24th Birthday! All I want is your presence!

Aposl

Smash Ace

3921 Vero Rd. Suite B
Baltimore, MD 21227
410-501-5040

What?

This is the dominant on going series in MD/VA, we are trying to make these events Hype, have a big turn out, and most important of all fun! What can you do to help make this a success, first and foremost make it out! Tell your friends, and let your buddies know through online social media like Facebook and Twitter.

Brawl Rules:The Japanese Ruleset

General Rules:
1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be Best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off

Limiting Rules/Bans:
1. No using infinites for stalling purposes
2. No bugs/glitches of any kind
3. No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
4. Ledge grab limit of 50
5. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage once from the ledge)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Exceptions to Rule 5:
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage.
[There is one other exception, but I don't understand it. I'll update this once I get a clarification from RAIN, or if someone else can figure out what it means from the Japanese version.]

Stages:
Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Set Format:
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

Timeouts:
In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage, with each player at one stock.

when?

Saturday April 14, 2012

Schedule: The event will go as follows, 10 A.M. doors will open.
11 A.M. - Sign ups begin.
Noon - Teams start
4 P. M. - 5 P.M. we will start Singles.
Side events will be time and interest based, but I am thinking between Super Smash Flash and Mid tier Singles.

Where?

921 Vero Rd. Suite B
Baltimore, MD 21227
410-501-5040

Tournament Fee

Venue Fee is $10, this will be payed at the front desk before any friendlies are played, I reserve the right to interrupt any friendlies played before venue fee is payed.

Entry Fee for singles is $10 in either game

Entry Fee for Doubles is $10 a player in either game

Stream By

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Melee Grand finals at the very least is gonna be streamed but I would like to do, if time permits, top 8 for all games and events played here.​

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Super Smash Flash side event? O.o

Are there Gamecube controller to computer adapters for it or anything? I can't play with a keyboard for crap. XD

Also, is MK legal or banned at this?

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I'm probably going to be able to go to this as long as nothing comes up hurray for my first MD tournament :)

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Could be pretty good. Would be interested in an FFA side tournament. Something really unconventional.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'll be there and since it's like next ****ing door to me (not really but still...35 minute walk), I'll even...enter the Brawl tournament, if I'm not working that Saturday. I'll bring a Wii and Melee. Hell, if I'm feeling good I may even bring my sister's Wii and my copy of Brawl as well.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha, this is the same weekend as Smashtastrophe but that is on Sunday ... gonna be a busy *** weekend

Patches

Smash Master
Yeah, so bus tickets are kinda expensive. D: $83 plus I'd get to Bultimore at like.. 7 in the morning on Saturday. LOL

Any kind soul wanna help a Canadian by paying $40 of it? (:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
looking into pushing this date back a week, would that be preferable or should I push it forward a week?

edit: This is Aposl

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Aposl Again: I have to see if that's okay with he shop

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
MK legal or banned?

There's no ruleset in the OP and MK being legal or not determines whether I'll go or not.

Well I'd say it influences it, but not determines... Not sure... All I know is I want the bat legal. :D

Also, I'd prefer it if the date was pushed back, I need to train with someone for a month and the training hasn't even started yet. I want to be EVOLVED at this tourney. If my training is complete, I'll go to this with or without MK legal.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Conversely, if MK is legal, I would skip. He's banned for lots of very good reasons.

:phone:

2fast

Smash Journeyman
LES GO, Me n Smokey 100% confirmed. Maybe Zanna and Yars to, but idk about them.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I'd be interested in an every-tier MM. One double blind round for each tier, player with the most wins takes all.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I suppose I'll pick 3 dollars. If you know the MU well that just makes it more of a learning experience for me, I really need to work on the MU anyway. Neutrals only or CP stages like delfino, halberd, etc. allowed too?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Esam and I will most likely be in this joint.

I got an idea for the side event. Please mid tier dubs. Everyone loves it. Haven't met one person who doesn't! :)
ANd I by mid tier dubs I mean. Any character below midtier.

Patches

Smash Master
^ I'm so down for midtier dubs.

Speaking of which. Who wants to team? Looking for a teammate for doubles and midtier doubles.

I'm from Canada, nuff said. (; Hahah, real talk though. I'm a good :gw: player. If you're interested, hit me up. (:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
^ I'm so down for midtier dubs.

Speaking of which. Who wants to team? Looking for a teammate for doubles and midtier doubles.

I'm from Canada, nuff said. (; Hahah, real talk though. I'm a good :gw: player. If you're interested, hit me up. (:
See!! Everyone loves Midtier dubs!! :bee: Seriously!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
GaW is midtier now right? If so I'd team with ya patches.

Edit: welp just checked, nevermind he's bottom of high lol. Regardless I will be at this. Can bring a wii too.

BMC

Smash Cadet
I hope I can make this. Concentrate is the week before this, so I don't know if I'd be able to make two consecutive tournaments.
If I can make it, and if mid tiers is the side event, would anyone like to team?

:phone:

Aposl

Smash Ace
guys working on the date change, then I will put up the rule set, probably going with the Japanese, sorry to those who don't want to deal with that rules set but a lot people going to Japan want to get prepared for it, lastly I will put up a list of all interested in coming once that is done.

Aposl

Smash Ace
I want to make the date change final today, im just waiting for a response

Top Bottom