• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX USA Crew - Get at me bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MAC- Miguel

Smash Cadet
Is there a cut off date to decide the roster for this? or is it decided day of the actual tournament? (International hype!)

RED WHITE AND BLUE FTW!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lee Martin said he quit over half a year ago but I see him entering locals every once in a while. Don't know if he's willing to travel to Apex though.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Lee still plays Brawl but hes starting to lose his drive for it in favor of UMvC3 :/. I know he still plays cuz he owns everyone at every LA tourny. :(

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Soooo back 2 the USA crew?

M2K
DEHF
ESAM
Tyrant(now that Anti isn't goin)
Trela(Or Junebug)
Gnes(Or ADHD)
Razer(Or MVD or Havok)
MikeHaze

Alts
Dabuz (Duh but then again they KNOW oli)
Vinnie(Duh but then again they KNOW ICs)
Reflex (He's still legit wait till u see him w/ wario again)
Dojo or Nairo or Tearbear (Idk if we really need another MK or not)

:phone:

:sonic:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
FYI B_AWAL, we have 2 alts.

Not Razer. When I fought him at LSC, he was nervous when we played for most of the set, and it is risky to put him on the team when there is a good chance nervousness will affect him. MVD and Havok aren't at the same level.

Mikehaze should be an alt because those players will know how to fight Marth and mikehaze lost to Rain when they fought.

Reflex's wario is a risk, we know european players have amazing wario experience in the form of gluttony, and personally, I don't think Reflex stands out among the possible choices.

Will would be a good choice for an alt because he has the gimmick factor of playing DK and knows all the MUs we will face VERY well.

I see no reason not to have Vinnie on the team, ics are dangerous is crews and vinnie can wreck OoC even if they do know the ICs MU.

I agree with everyone else on the main team list.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
M2K, DEHF, Vinnie, ESAM, Tyrant, ADHD/Gnes, Havok and like Dojo or Tearbear should be the main team imo.

:059:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
FYI B_AWAL, we have 2 alts.

Not Razer. When I fought him at LSC, he was nervous when we played for most of the set, and it is risky to put him on the team when there is a good chance nervousness will affect him. MVD and Havok aren't at the same level.

Mikehaze should be an alt because those players will know how to fight Marth and mikehaze lost to Rain when they fought.

Reflex's wario is a risk, we know european players have amazing wario experience in the form of gluttony, and personally, I don't think Reflex stands out among the possible choices.

Will would be a good choice for an alt because he has the gimmick factor of playing DK and knows all the MUs we will face VERY well.

I see no reason not to have Vinnie on the team, ics are dangerous is crews and vinnie can wreck OoC even if they do know the ICs MU.

I agree with everyone else on the main team list.
Lol I kno we have 2 alts only but I was jus throwin out ideas.

Yeah but shudnt u b on the team??? N wasn't the original reason 4 having MikeHaze b 4 killing Ally?

N please call me AWAL... nice 2 meet u I'm a big fan :)

Edit: where is HAVOK???

Tesh

Smash Hero
Putting in Will solely on a gimmick factor seems pretty risky. It could work pretty well or fail horribly imo.

I guess as an alt its no biggie...

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Lol I kno we have 2 alts only but I was jus throwin out ideas.

Yeah but shudnt u b on the team??? N wasn't the original reason 4 having MikeHaze b 4 killing Ally?

N please call me AWAL... nice 2 meet u I'm a big fan :)

Edit: where is HAVOK???

I do believe I should be on the team.

We don't need Mikehaze to kill Ally. Mostly everyone on the list is capable of fighting and beating Ally.

Havok doesn't stand out enough for a spot on the roster. If we want another Snake or MK, we have more powerful MKs and Snakes to pick from.

*waves to fan*

Labernash

Smash Lord
Reflex's Wario is a good idea. And he's the best Wario in America. He'd be on Gluttony's level if he dropped PT and went hard Wario. He stands out from possible choices a good bit I'd say. I'm pretty sure they have good MK MU experience, so don't put in Tyrant? Not Hatin', just sayin'.

In my opinion, Reflex would be a very much so, WORTH IT.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What exactly would we be putting Reflex in for? Certainly not Ally or to deal with the best Marth's in the world right?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ice climbers, his brother is a really good IC player and falco if there is one, but I'd think there'd be better choices.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I have seen Gluttony. He's a beast. But so is Reflex. If Reflex went all Wario, he'd figure out a lot of stuff that's taking longer to figure out while balancing two characters. But dropping PT would be hard, as Reflex is the very best, like no one ever was. Easily the best PT ever. Reflex would be the one to achieve Gluttony's level out of any Wario main I know.

But regardless of this theorycraft, he's totes a good idea for the crew.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ash was well on his way to becoming a Pokemon master when he got that first badge.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Reflex's Wario is a good idea. And he's the best Wario in America. He'd be on Gluttony's level if he dropped PT and went hard Wario. He stands out from possible choices a good bit I'd say. I'm pretty sure they have good MK MU experience, so don't put in Tyrant? Not Hatin', just sayin'.

In my opinion, Reflex would be a very much so, WORTH IT.
Reflex is back 2 using Wario since the summer.

@M2K Reflex was goin Toe 2 Toe wit u last time I checked goin 3-1in GF's

Not that it means much but Reflex is def back 2 using Wario & he's BEAST. Check out his vids or jus play him urself @ APEX.

I only double posted cuz idk how 2 qoute ppl on my phone...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
M2K
ESAM
Vinnie
Dabuz
Tyrant
GNES
MikeHAZE
DEHF

Alts
WILL
MikeHAZE

NUFF SAID
Prob the best line up I've seen so far... problem is that they KNOW what we have but we don't kno them much... Ally has been playin us all so he knows exactly who to throw in when :(. Funny how the only advantage we have is "home feild advantage" which is really jus a mindset.

Edit: wait I'm sorry I'm on my 10th shot of tequila @ work right now... wtf is wrong witchu no lucario????? (Excuse the terminology)

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
the logic of europe knowing the wario match up because of gluttony is like saying top socal players know the diddy match up because we're on the same continent as Gnes.

I haven't seen videos of gluttony in like a year either lol.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Ash was well on his way to becoming a Pokemon master when he got that first badge.
lololol nice one...

Well yall can put me in as an alt if u want to take out one of the ice-climbers. I've never lost a set against an ice-climbers. And have only lost one match(in tourney) to one in my whole life.

I'm pretty confident against them.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Toe to Toe with me?

I beat him 3-0 and 3-1 every single set we had for like ~7 sets over the course of 2-3 months. Every set was 3-0 or 3-1. There were some matches and sets where I ***** him pretty badly (such as the florida tournament), but those were never uploaded. Only the closer sets were uploaded, so maybe you are basing off of that?

Anyway, when I play Ally or Tyrant's wario, they win over a third of the time. Their styles are far better for singles. Reflex's style is good for teams much more than it is in singles.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Toe to Toe with me?

I beat him 3-0 and 3-1 every single set we had for like ~7 sets over the course of 2-3 months. Every set was 3-0 or 3-1. There were some matches and sets where I ***** him pretty badly (such as the florida tournament), but those were never uploaded. Only the closer sets were uploaded, so maybe you are basing off of that?

Anyway, when I play Ally or Tyrant's wario, they win over a third of the time. Their styles are far better for singles. Reflex's style is good for teams much more than it is in singles.
I have all of those matches n in only the WSF set did u wreck him. After that all ur matches were close. Id upload em myself but my SD card is MIA :( its w/e tho I was jus throwin him out there as an option.

N I chose Havok bcuz its not fair that Ally is the captian & he is on his team. Havok at least deserves to b in the squad bcuz he is the captian. Rather than the coach.

But yeah...

I'm stickin 2 my main 8 cept 2

M2K
DEHF
ESAM
Tyrant
Gnes(Or ADHD)
Trela(Or Junebug)
Vinnie
Dabuz

Alts
MikeHaze
Dojo, Nairo or Tearbear

Tesh

Smash Hero
The "homefield" advantage isn't just a mindset. We have a much much larger and much more diverse pool of players to choose from. Japan and Europe don't have ALL of their top players attending. USA pretty much will. For example, out of the top 10 players in my state, 9 are attending. So while they might know what to send at us with Ally's help, it doesn't mean they have it available.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
The "homefield" advantage isn't just a mindset. We have a much much larger and much more diverse pool of players to choose from. Japan and Europe don't have ALL of their top players attending. USA pretty much will. For example, out of the top 10 players in my state, 9 are attending. So while they might know what to send at us with Ally's help, it doesn't mean they have it available.
I get where ur comn from but at least 6 of our main ppl are blatently obvious. While even if they have ppl that we kno of we don't have players that know their habits and whatnot. So yes we have more ppl 2 choose from but like I said... where as they will kno how to plan against 6 of our ppl we can only really b ready 4 about 2 of their players fighting styles.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I get where ur comn from but at least 6 of our main ppl are blatently obvious. While even if they have ppl that we kno of we don't have players that know their habits and whatnot. So yes we have more ppl 2 choose from but like I said... where as they will kno how to plan against 6 of our ppl we can only really b ready 4 about 2 of their players fighting styles.

Edit... why is that "halfway" song SO effin Guuuud???

Edit 2: who will b commentating this epic crew battle???

Edit 3: is there anyway we can stream this in several diff langauges or record commentary in other languages so we can show this worldwide? I think it wud show future donors that the smash scene has potential 2 b as epic as SF & MvC scenes over time.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
the logic of europe knowing the wario match up because of gluttony is like saying top socal players know the diddy match up because we're on the same continent as Gnes.

I haven't seen videos of gluttony in like a year either lol.
That's true, Glutonny barely travels too.

Also he's back from hiatus. Search for Glutonny vs Dany on youtube. Glutonny won a tourney this past weekend.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Havok doesn't stand out enough for a spot on the roster. If we want another Snake or MK, we have more powerful MKs and Snakes to pick from.
None of them handles Marth and Olimar as decently as Havok does.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
None of them handles Marth and Olimar as decently as Havok does.

That is wrong in so many ways.

Tyrant lives in the same region and knows how to handle those two characters just as well.

Nairo will handle olimar easily.

Dojo can handle olimar and marth extremely well.

Ultimaterazer wrecks olimar and knows how to fight Marth.

Tyrant is already guaranteed to be on the team. If we needed another MK/ snake, i would pick one of the three listed above. They all are very capable in the MUs. Also, it has to be factored in that, everyone on the team aside from Esam and M2K, already knows how to handle olimar. At least half our team already knows how to handle Marth.

Havok, as a player, is a bit outmatched. If you want to argue he should be on because he can handle the marth+oli MUs decently, I can refute that based on the logic that half the team already knows how to play those MUs and that he isn't quite as skilled compared to other possible mk/snake choices.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tyrant lives in the same region and knows how to handle those two characters just as well.

Nairo will handle olimar easily.

Dojo can handle olimar and marth extremely well.
None of them except Tyramt can play Snake and I don't think his Snake is better than Havok's 0_0

Ultimaterazer wrecks olimar and knows how to fight Marth.
lolno

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
You misread what I wrote. I know those 3 only play MK (except for tyrant who can use anyone really well). In crews, it is character locked, so having multiple characters isn't a big deal in Havok's case. Im saying that the 3 MKs know their MUs and well, and are better in general than Havok's MK.

Ultimaterazer knows the Oli MU. He has amazing oli practice, because Texas has Denti (Who is a top 4 American olimar), skypirate, and one other olimar but i can't remember the name. When I fought him, he knew what he was doing. Nike is a marth player in Texas, who, at the very least, is decent. As a snake, Ultimaterazer is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom