• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

fontisian

Smash Champion
ok finished the LG re-read and LG's above post is actually a very fair summary of his pro wam takes

feeling very mislead by fonti but not sure if that was just her being hyperbolic or lazy to make a point or if it was intentional mischaracterization

its funny because above LG is going on and on about wam's meta being lynchbait and here I am literally thinking the same thing about LG lmao, like I'm gettign flashbacks to LG getting flashyeeted in Things I Like over DH which makes me really ****ing uneasy about the situation we're in rn
Bro, I had to work for that misyeet as scum, come on now.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone who's played with this slot more than me. Does it always read like it's given up?
fwiw in Things I like Wam dodge yeets D1 and D2 as town and lived to endgame and was misyeeted over fonti for the scum to win. he def had given up by endgame but idk if thats the right phase to compare against, probably check out EoD1 & 2 in that game if you have time if you're looking for snapshot meta

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think LaserGuy really is a tracker due to the way he interacted with Mala. That seems like a weak role for scum given how stacked town are. Unless he's like, a tracker plus something. But that's unlikely since he would be more worried about what Mala knew in that case. I'm inclined to trust Laser's claim.

Wam's claim is NAI. If it was his fake claim he'd have the same reaction.
Where are you right now Boom? You're claiming it's a weak role, but Laser is indeed a tracker.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
fwiw in Things I like Wam dodge yeets D1 and D2 as town and lived to endgame and was misyeeted over fonti for the scum to win. he def had given up by endgame but idk if thats the right phase to compare against, probably check out EoD1 & 2 in that game if you have time if you're looking for snapshot meta
No time. I just keep seeing people say he's always up for lynch at the start.

fontisian

Smash Champion
****ing hell.

Listen to me. Laser is just mafia. He is not solving, he is not trying to win the game, he doesn't his vote is going to go anywhere. He is just mafia.

Look at the Things I Like. Look at his conviction against Chaco, even though it was wrong. Look at how solving permeated every aspect of his play. Laser in Things was so brilliantly town and you all got sidetracked by him being wrong and couldn't see it.

He is not like that here because he isn't ****ing town.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy You are still voting for Xivii. This is not a viable yeet, and in our previous game when you were not on a viable yeet you acknowledged it and moved your vote on a lesser scumsuspect. Why are you not doing that here?
None of the yeets I like are viable. So I prefer to keep my vote on a scumread as a point of principle.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bro, I had to work for that misyeet as scum, come on now.
define work? iirc you faked panic and jumped on him last minute at the behest of boom?

not saying you weren't "working" in the sense of pretending to be uneasy doing what you wanted to do so it didn't look like you were just caving to boom to get a misyeet you wanted but I hope you get my point? like that flashyeet didn't originate with you iirc unless you're saying you planted seeds well ahead of time for a mega psyop play

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Laser and wam town reading each other has me feeling like they are both town. If High Judge Mala decides to pardon them I think we should look at the coasters: vicarin, FrozenFlame and redryu.

Or scum is exactly Xivii and Fonti. But we're not going there toDay. If I'm dead by D3 take a serious look at that possibility.
Boom, based on what you have in your hands so far, do you stand by that assessment? Does it/How does it change based on prospective Laser/Wam flips?

fontisian

Smash Champion
None of the yeets I like are viable. So I prefer to keep my vote on a scumread as a point of principle.
If you are so, so certain Xivii is town, where is your passion against him? Why aren't you trying to get people to vote him with you? Why is he the only scumread you're willing to vote?

fontisian

Smash Champion
define work? iirc you faked panic and jumped on him last minute at the behest of boom?

not saying you weren't "working" in the sense of pretending to be uneasy doing what you wanted to do so it didn't look like you were just caving to boom to get a misyeet you wanted but I hope you get my point? like that flashyeet didn't originate with you iirc unless you're saying you planted seeds well ahead of time for a mega psyop play
This is why you guys need to ask questions at the end of the game.

No, I deliberately tailored my approach to convince Boom and confuse Laser, so they would fight each other. My fear in that game was not about me dying, but about town forming a voting block over my death, so I shot Chaco and pushing Boom and Laser apart.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Look at the Things I Like. Look at his conviction against Chaco, even though it was wrong. Look at how solving permeated every aspect of his play. Laser in Things was so brilliantly town and you all got sidetracked by him being wrong and couldn't see it.
this is a salient point but though I agree with you LG isn't going for a powersolve atm which def contrasts with some of the cases we saw in Thing I Like, I feel like his play under the gun here at EoD actually does feel like attempts to set us up to solve, fatalistic as it may be

fontisian

Smash Champion
this is a salient point but though I agree with you LG isn't going for a powersolve atm which def contrasts with some of the cases we saw in Thing I Like, I feel like his play under the gun here at EoD actually does feel like attempts to set us up to solve, fatalistic as it may be
****ing how?

He's just saying to look at Xivii, but he's not casing him like he coud. He's given a defense of Wam, but it's not convincing, and Laser knows it won't save Wam in the late game. Why isn't he talking more about Eido, his second strongest scumread? Why isn't he quoting posts and dropping logic?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Real talk, Eido kind of suss for running on the question treadmill all day and never coming to any reads of his own.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
****ing how?

He's just saying to look at Xivii, but he's not casing him like he coud. He's given a defense of Wam, but it's not convincing, and Laser knows it won't save Wam in the late game. Why isn't he talking more about Eido, his second strongest scumread? Why isn't he quoting posts and dropping logic?
doesnt the fatalism explain this? if he's already resigned to be misyeeted then it makes sense he wouldnt put effort into powerbombing his top scum reads and instead is going for a more harm reduction approach

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The idea that scum are just caught and aren't trying it really pretty and self-serving, but it's almost certainly wrong in practice. This means, there is likely a CORRECT play in here, and I don't like just bulldozing on the same trajectory that no one seemed okay with rocking the boat on.

Maven89

Smash Master
The idea that scum are just caught and aren't trying it really pretty and self-serving, but it's almost certainly wrong in practice. This means, there is likely a CORRECT play in here, and I don't like just bulldozing on the same trajectory that no one seemed okay with rocking the boat on.
There’s multiple people trying it

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Yo I’m on the phone. Someone tell me the votes

I’m down to vote both Wam or LaserGuy

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vote Wam for me so the wagons are closer. You can switch it later if you've gotta. I REALLY wanna see where the game goes with both options available.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
“Kings Canyon...in the DARK?” Almost nightfall.

Vote Count 1.7:

Wam(4): UtopianPoyzin, FrozenFlame, Eido, BoomFrog
Xivii(2): LaserGuy
Bessie(2): RedRyu, Wam,
LaserGuy(6): Xivii, Bessie, Vicarin, Maven89, Fontisian, Ryker

Not Voting(1):
Malakandra
these are all the vote moves I've found since this post:

Vote: Laserguy

It turns out his moment of bardic inspiration was a one off. He performed at royal blanket and was absolutely dreadful, upset the queen so much she cried in her room for days. For this, he must be beheaded! May his blood be given to the hounds!
Or rather couldn't before. If we don't have another protective role then I believe wam's claim. Obviously no one should claim protective roles now, but we can sort wam at mass claim.

Unvote wam
so count should be:

UNOFFICIAL Vote Count 1.7:

Wam(3): UtopianPoyzin, FrozenFlame, Eido
Xivii(2): LaserGuy
Bessie(2): RedRyu, Wam,
LaserGuy(6): Xivii, Bessie, Vicarin, Maven89, Fontisian, Malakandra

Not Voting(2):
Boomfrog, Ryker

Top Bottom