• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok LG finally started talking about wam in my re-read and fontisian fontisian I'm a bit confused by your claim he's always been defending wam, I'm seeing more defense of sab's slot than wam
I'll get back to you on this one.
wam - Push on fonti doesn't look great. Was still fairly early in the game and several people had much worse content than fonti (e.g. Ryu/Maven), so this doesn't come across as a particularly Town-motivated push. Not much to go on from more recent content. I agree with Xivii's meta that his content does look more polished this game, but I'm less certain that his engagement levels are consistent with this. Also this meta is very publicly known so it's hard to say how valuable the tell is going forward. On balance, leaning scum.
only about halfway thru his posts tho but these really stick out

Maven89

Smash Master
why do we lynch claimed tracker LG over claimed jailer wam here like if theyre buddies we can still hit em back to back, I just dont get the order of operations on this
these claims are not in a vacuum. Lasers play has been less easy to explain as town. And more importantly, it will reveal much more of the game when he flips.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know xivii said town!wam cuz the wagon was coming too easy which I empathize with because easy wagons D1 always feel sketch because we'd like to believe people aren't that savage with bus game but I don't remember any other pro wam takes

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
these claims are not in a vacuum. Lasers play has been less easy to explain as town. And more importantly, it will reveal much more of the game when he flips.
I know what I care about, what more does it reveal to you vs what more do you get from Wam?

Maven89

Smash Master
I know what I care about, what more does it reveal to you vs what more do you get from Wam?
Red Ryus defense of Laser, and Xiviis sudden mad dash to get laser lynched will both look very different on a town flip. I’m sure there are other interactions that will come up on a reread, but these two are the big ones for me

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Red Ryus defense of Laser, and Xiviis sudden mad dash to get laser lynched will both look very different on a town flip. I’m sure there are other interactions that will come up on a reread, but these two are the big ones for me
And you get nothing from a Wam flip or do you just not know and will also need a reread?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Keep going, he starts defending Wam for no reason.
ok found the 180

What do you think of being a D1 yeet candidate again after last game around?

Mmm... my intuition here is that this is probably Town wam. I guess we get to the part of the day where I start slowly abandoning all of my previous reads.
def very conspicuous, he even goes out of his way to call himself out on it being an overt 180

why did you say he was defending wam the entire time tho? intentional or not it was an exaggeration, and wouldnt it have been more helpful to say "LG 180'd on wam" originally instead of what you said?

Woah woah woah, I still want wam. Just LG more.
wasnt trying to imply you were hardcore town!wam I was just recounting what came to mind when I was trying to remember pro wam takes off the top of my head

fontisian

Smash Champion
This ***** keeps dodging my question.
I don't get your question? My reads are not based on connections between people in advance of flips, they do not change massively when a flip happens, but rather I go back and reassess. Laser flipping town will not have me being like "ooh, maybe I was wrong on Xivii after all" because Xivii's behavior was still towny. Same for you, same for Boon, same for Maven, kind of same for Frozen right now.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Look. I'm not got to convince you of anything. You have already convinced yourself I am scum and consequently you assume a bad faith interpretation of my content. If I defend Wam, I'm trying to save a buddy. If I vote him, I'm bussing. The scenario that I'm just Town muddling through does not enter your thought process. Likewise, what I observe about your approach to Wam is that after the highlighted post in my poem is that you adopt a similar bad faith interpretation of all of wam's posts. I don't know whether Wam is Town or scum. As I said, I have him at marginal Town lean. But I know a tunnel when I see one.
**** this post is so ****ing weird

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm asking what you do if Laser flips town, Font. I'm also asking where you're looking if Laser flips scum.
Bessie and Wam. Maybe Ryu.

Wam and Bessie. Maybe Ryu.

Maybe I branch out more if Laser flips town, maybe I focus in on specific people more if he's scum.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't get your question? My reads are not based on connections between people in advance of flips, they do not change massively when a flip happens, but rather I go back and reassess. Laser flipping town will not have me being like "ooh, maybe I was wrong on Xivii after all" because Xivii's behavior was still towny. Same for you, same for Boon, same for Maven, kind of same for Frozen right now.
OK! GREAT!

Then it should be EVEN EASIER for you to tell me what you are currently looking at doing on either Laser flip since it's not based on connections and do not massively change on a flip. Why is this so difficult?

fontisian

Smash Champion
OK! GREAT!

Then it should be EVEN EASIER for you to tell me what you are currently looking at doing on either Laser flip since it's not based on connections and do not massively change on a flip. Why is this so difficult?
At the moment of the flip.

You're really not getting this.

When we get the flip, I am going to reread everything with it in mind and then /probably/ end up in a different place. I haven't done that yet because I don't have the ****ing flip.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy

Rebut this. Don't talk to Font. Talk to me.
Don't have a lot of time as I have to pick up my kid from school shortly. Most of my feelings about Wam are summarized in 1013. I'm not defending him for no reason. I'm defending him because I don't think scum wam would be defending me in this situation. Wam comes across as very fatalistic about being yeeted and is more worried about Town correctly evaluating the game going forward and especially in the latter half of the game tonally he pings Town to me. Yes, his posting is scattershot and occasionally incoherent or inconsistent. That's his meta. It's one of the reasons he's basically always a candidate to be yeeted D1 every game I've played with him (~8 I think?). I also am very wary about situations where every player in the game is scumreading the same person. It's not impossible that wam's buddies have all been bussing him early and are stuck with it, but I think probably someone would have tried to give him a pass early on if they could have.

Assuming I'm being flipped today, I would advise against yeeting wam D2. Having a designated/inevitable yeet D2 makes it too easy for scum to hide in the consensus position and you gain nothing from it if he flips Town.

fontisian

Smash Champion
LaserGuy LaserGuy You are still voting for Xivii. This is not a viable yeet, and in our previous game when you were not on a viable yeet you acknowledged it and moved your vote on a lesser scumsuspect. Why are you not doing that here?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also due to being busy this evening and time difference I'm unlikely to be around from about 2.5 hours from this post.

So if you want anything from me mows your chance.

If I do get lynched go for bessie tomorrow and have a good look at font and ryker.
Someone who's played with this slot more than me. Does it always read like it's given up?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok finished the LG re-read and LG's above post is actually a very fair summary of his pro wam takes

feeling very mislead by fonti but not sure if that was just her being hyperbolic or lazy to make a point or if it was intentional mischaracterization

its funny because above LG is going on and on about wam's meta being lynchbait and here I am literally thinking the same thing about LG lmao, like I'm gettign flashbacks to LG getting flashyeeted in Things I Like over DH which makes me really ****ing uneasy about the situation we're in rn

Top Bottom