• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

SSBPete

Smash Lord
According to http://bloodalcoholcalculator.org and assuming you weigh 200 lbs (likely an overestimate since you aren't from america land of the fatties) that's a BAC of .237

so yeah ....

wat
maybe it was over 5 hours and according to http://www.brad21.org/effects_at_specific_bac.html:

'0.20 BAC: Felling dazed, confused or otherwise disoriented. May need help to stand or walk. If you injure yourself you may not feel the pain. Some people experience nausea and vomiting at this level. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely at this level so you may not remember what has happened.'

that sounds like a standard night out

plus it was accompanied by a 3 course meal, which reduces bac significantly

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
So now there is only 4 days left(HYPE). Do the brackets gets posted on smash boards soon?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Heading to weedwack's on Thursday. Going to be FUN.
You should join me and Kefit at Karajan's with Boom and the Japanese. Maybe Dexter will be coming with us too.

Anyone wanting to get a ride out there should PM me and Kefit this will be up to Kefit has he is the driver.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Pools have been made and will be released tonight hopefully. We need some volunteers to be POOL CAPTAINS during the event. This is necessary since there are multiple brackets running simultaneously and having everyone report to me is just going to be too hectic. Pool captains will be responsible for overseeing a pool in a round that they are not participating in (so if you are in the second wave of pools, you captain the first round). Pool captains will have this event run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. If anyone is willing to help, please let me know.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Pools have been made and will be released tonight hopefully. We need some volunteers to be POOL CAPTAINS during the event. This is necessary since there are multiple brackets running simultaneously and having everyone report to me is just going to be too hectic. Pool captains will be responsible for overseeing a pool in a round that they are not participating in (so if you are in the second wave of pools, you captain the first round). Pool captains will have this event run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. If anyone is willing to help, please let me know.
So there's more than just 4 pools of 40 people each right?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
So is 64 is the only game that has pools bigger than 16, and at 40 people per pools? Oh well, probably because the schedule is really tight.

Pools are gonna be insane though

Last edited:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Honestly we just had a really awkward number to begin with and our numbers didn't get there fast enough to completely redo the schedule to include 2 full rounds of pools.

It ends up working the same anyway. There's just less arbitrary lines drawn in the sand.

Last edited:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
how is evo more or less strict? both tournament have a 2 and out format with top-8 on main stage. There's absolutely no real difference between the two.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
It is slightly different in that peopple goig into the top 8 could have one loss, but it gets reset at top 8. So someone with 2 losses could win.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think it gets reset. At Evo, there were 4 in Winner's and 4 in Loser's bracket for top 8. I think at Apex 2013, the bracket was reset, but I think they're sticking to two and out this year for everyone.

firo

Smash Ace
Pretty excited for this. Looking forward to seeing some friends again. As of now, I'll only be there on Friday, but I'll be taking money matches ($1-$5) from anyone, dreamland only, throughout the day. Find me at apex or let me know otherwise if you're in.

Shears

Smash Master
What's going on Thursday night? I've got a spot in a Jimmy Joe room for the rest of the weekend but I want to go up Thursday and smash my ass off. Anyone have space anywhere that is doing something?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Well cant wait to see the brackets. I also get to pack tonight to be ready to leave!!!

Anyone wanting to do money matches I will be down anywhere from $1 to $5 just find me at Apex :)

Also do we have name tags this year? I know last year we did not.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
how do I do this? where do I have to be to get a ride from you guys. dibs dibs dibs
I started a private convo with you with my cell phone number, just contact me on Wednesday or Thursday.

Actually we're just gonna do some bukkake
Awesome, sounds hot. I started a private convo with you to get the secret Japanese handshake for how to get in on this.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i've learned the general rule of thumb with dealing with anything apex related

if they say they're going to do something, don't expect it to be done until the last possible second. actually, it's probably best to just assume it's never going to happen at all

i wonder if the other games' brackets are still being worked on and they just want to release them all at once

"uniformity"

blah whatever

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
List of cool people in Kefit's rental car to Karajan's Thursday night Smashfest:

1) Kefit
2) Jel
3) Clubbadubba
4) Dext3r
5) OPEN SEAT

Who's gonna get the last spot?

Top Bottom