• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
The deadline, period is for 12/30 for everyone.

We are strongly encouraging the FGC to register online vs. at the door as it will make the TO's job much easier.

Brawl is currently at 183 and Melee just hit 200 entrants!

ALSO we are in need of your help, please check out the volunteer section on the site and fill out the form if you can help in any shape, way or form :D

http://apex-series.com/volunteer/

Thanks!

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Only 169 for Brawl Singles and 4 days remaining to register? C'mon Brawlers, step it up! Let's make this the biggest event and break all records once again. Go go go go.
I doubt we'll break last year's records for Brawl. Alot of Canada isn't going from my Region. We have a stronger OoC attendance but I just know alot of people that are being babies about last year. but if we do. ****.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Melee and brawl people step it up a bit more. A LITTLE note from the smash 64 section

In terms of our international attendance
We have:
2 players from Brazil
5 players from Canada,
1 player from Mexico
3 players from Japan

in other words, 11 of us are from Out of country, and only a third of us are from NJ/NY

Notes about the Japanese players:
Ruoka Danchon: Falcon player. Often goes to the final top 8 phase of the National Tournaments. Widely regarded as the best Falcon in Japan.
Nangoku: Ness/Falcon player. One of the top of both characters
This is so hype. As far as I know, there's never been a high level meeting between North American, South American, and Japanese players in this game EVER, other than Isai's travels over the years, and this game has been out a long freaking time.

Honestly, I might be more hype for 64 than for Melee.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
There's a ton of people who haven't registered yet. And last year it just about doubled in the last two days of reg.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ally the pessimistic :D

last year had 100 ppl sign up in a day im sure we will get another surge like that.

people will go:D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Werent youmacon and NEC both qualifiers? I got 7th at both but only have 10 total points. I thought it was like 8 points for 7th

:phone:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The deadline, period is for 12/30 for everyone.

We are strongly encouraging the FGC to register online vs. at the door as it will make the TO's job much easier.

Brawl is currently at 183 and Melee just hit 200 entrants!

ALSO we are in need of your help, please check out the volunteer section on the site and fill out the form if you can help in any shape, way or form :D

http://apex-series.com/volunteer/

Thanks!
If I want to volunteer but I'm signed up for some events, do I only select the days I don't have an event on? I would like to volunteer the three days if possible.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
You're fine to sign up for any days you wish. But if you know you're going to be focused on playing/warming up on a certain day more than you would volunteering then it's best to say what days you'd be able to help out more.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I already filled out the volunteer thing, but I want to change it from "All 3 days" to "Friday Only". Who would I ask?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Counted

3 Japanese for 64
5 Japanese for Melee
14 Japanese for Brawl

22 Japanese players confirmed for Apex OMG

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
you are adding it a bit wrong, or my sheet is off, I only see 11 for Apex, maybe you counted some for both?

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
That melee list is a reductio of the whole apex qualifier points idea.

Dazwa above KK? M2K above Armada? KevinM above Axe? Kage below...everyone?
The Brawl list is the same. Most of Japan's top players have less than 32 points, including 9B, Kakera, Mikeneko, Nietono and Earth.

Almost all of West Coast's players have very few points because of the lack of qualifiers over there.

Atlantic North players have a **** ton of points because there were so many qualifiers in that region.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That melee list is a reductio of the whole apex qualifier points idea.

Dazwa above KK? M2K above Armada? KevinM above Axe? Kage below...everyone?
The Apex qualifier points list isn't meant to be any sort of representation about who is better than who. It is a system designed to promote attendance at Road to Apex events and give an incentive to players who spend the time and effort to go to the Road to Apex event(s) in their own region. The qualifier points will act as guidelines for seeding, not a strict ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom