• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Info Dump!

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
So i think the important thing we learned this weekend was yes, everyone who said it after the last apex was 100% correct, Javi is top 3 in the world.
Rofl

I said that he wouldn't perform well and like 6 people quoted me and said that he would be amazing.

Eat it.

How is 13th not performing well? in this generation of the smash scene, placing that high is a very difficult task.
Also, "performing well" is not determined by placing alone. He def played amazing as a player vs everyone I watched.

:phone:

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
How is 13th not performing well? in this generation of the smash scene, placing that high is a very difficult task.
Also, "performing well" is not determined by placing alone. He def played amazing as a player vs everyone I watched.

im not trying to be offensive to you here cuz i think you're super amazing, but...

i think some people determine it by that he wasnt highest placing Fox and that even *you* outplaced him -.-

Wretched

Dankness of Heart

I worded that wrong. People were thinking/saying he'd get top 3 and he'd be the best Fox.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
im not trying to be offensive to you here cuz i think you're super amazing, but...

i think some people determine it by that he wasnt highest placing Fox and that even *you* outplaced him -.-
Are you kidding? "Even you"? SW is super amazing, as you say. When it comes to top 5-17, a lot depends on bracket, so you have to consider that a bit more carefully. Javi beat Leffen, who has shown himself to be one of the best foxes, and lost to Axe, who hardly ever loses to Fox. I'm not a "Javi is a top 5 player" guy, but even a placing of 13th with his bracket is very impressive. And yes, I agree with SW that this generation of smash is incredibly tough. There are fewer and fewer mediocre players and the top players are all brilliant.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Are you kidding? "Even you"? SW is super amazing, as you say. When it comes to top 5-17, a lot depends on bracket, so you have to consider that a bit more carefully. Javi beat Leffen, who has shown himself to be one of the best foxes, and lost to Axe, who hardly ever loses to Fox. I'm not a "Javi is a top 5 player" guy, but even a placing of 13th with his bracket is very impressive. And yes, I agree with SW that this generation of smash is incredibly tough. There are fewer and fewer mediocre players and the top players are all brilliant.
No don't get me wrong I agree with you on all fronts there, I think that outside top 3-4 most of it is bracket dependent. I'm just saying what a lot of people tend to think and jump to conclusions about after just seeing "Results".

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Mkay, I think I understand what you're saying. Not many people I know were thinking Javi was going to hit top 5, though. :p

And I think that the kind of rationale that says, "well, Javi wasn't the top-placing Fox so he's not amazing" leaves out the possibility that SW really, really rose to the occasion and showed that he is himself a top Fox.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Is there anywhere I can see some games featuring either Bam or Vwins (singles preferably)?

I watched the stream most of the time this weekend, but I haven't seen anything from them.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Is there anywhere I can see some games featuring either Bam or Vwins (singles preferably)?

I watched the stream most of the time this weekend, but I haven't seen anything from them.
Vwins played on the second stream. Maybe you can find him there?

Seartu

Smash Journeyman

Vwins played a really good set vs. Zhu on stream. Good luck

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Anything that was on bifuteki's stream is lost until vides get uploaded, unless you want to pay to subscribe to his channel to get the archives.

$4.99 a month, lol

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
shroomed and armada are my heroes.

genesis is the new fc.

dare i say pp's neutral game as marth is better than m2k? HMMMmMmMmMMMmMmMM

oh and all of that **** getting stolen is ridiculous. lookin' like a goddamn yugioh tournament out there.

7/10 tournament imo

Gea

Smash Master
Hey SW your sets that got streamed made it super clear you've been putting in the work lately. Props, dude.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Lol at everyone telling Kevin how to play Marth

That's kinda like saying that it's ok for a lesser player to coach PP in a match because he is obviously not as good as PP so he can't be helping him in any way by suggesting things about the matches being played. In reality coaching is a very powerful tool. It isn't hard to watch a match and realize the mistakes that are made or how some things could be done to better the matchup... but when you are the person holding the controller these things may not appear as plainly to you as you may have other focuses during the match. And vice-versa the people who are watching, when the controller is in their hands won't be making all the other good decisions that PP is making the majority of the match.

People offering constructive criticisms about the matches he lost because they want to see him win isn't a bad thing, and he is the one who can choose to think those things over or reject them... and knowing PP he will probably be the 1st one sitting down at the computer and picking these things apart, so I'm sure he is open to any suggestions people have and will give it an honest thought. Acting like a poorer player can't provide quality insights is like if I said: "lol at everyone telling Mango how to play Falco" when he pretty much threw away matches by approaching with dairs against a shielding marth at the edge, neutralizing what seemed like almost every time he got a stock lead.

yea i realize that. basically, i was just suggesting that if anyone thinks like that, theyre dumb lol. also, i think it generally has less to do with being "bracket dependent" and has to do more with just being well versed. cuz you cant say, "oh he got hax and axe in his bracket, thats why he didnt get 4th" (or close to it).

if u want an example of losing due to a ****ty bracket, look at me and last apex. i was on a roll but got stopped at 17th cuz i lost to pp and hbox lol.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
there were also some really good players who missed bracket cuz their entire pool was just rly good people.

my pool was mad hard lol. not one damn scrub. everyone was solid as ****.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Thoughts on Leffen? I think he could have gotten 9th or 7th if it wasnt for chokes :c
Got a hard bracket too. Facing Javi that early in losers is rough.

If he were a smidgen luckier against Hungrybox, he would've faced Armada whom, due to NTSC, he would've had a decent chance of beating. I think he's definitely a case of bracket making the places after top four fuzzy.

Jayk

Smash Apprentice
Leffen could easily have beat Hbox and probably would have got to Armada before being knocked out after that...

HugS™

Smash Lord
Lol sucks that Silent Wolf has placed pretty consistently for like...5 years and still doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Also this tournament got me pretty excited. Hopefully I'll find the time to pick up the game again before Genesis. I'd love to bring Samus back into the top 13 at least.

D

Deleted member

I crashed my car a few hours ago on the way home on the interstate and it's really ****ed up.

So basically I hope everyone else got home safely.

Top Bottom