• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 SSB64 Event

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait crap did I actually register? Been working diligently on my Yoshi.

Heh, w/e, I'll wait'll I decide whether I'm doing UMvC3 to deal with that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Why does the official Apex thread say January 6-8, but this thread says 7-9? It's the former, right?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I understand we can go all three days, but more importantly, SHOULD we go all three days? I don't want to just hang out awkwardly and watch some brawl and melee matches, are there going to be other events/ things to keep people entertained?

:phone:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
So there will be 64s laying around that people can play? I've never been to something like this.. Maybe I'll try playing some friendlies for brawl/melee although I am beyond terrible at both.
And what's TO, I see it all the time.. Something along the lines of tournament official?

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
TO is tournament organizer. The guy who runs the tournament, and make sure every one play their matches, and that the bracket moves on. But since apex seems to be more fan about 64 than genesis, it might be able to play friendlies all days. But you should at elast be able to play 64 other times than just the tpurnament ofc.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Lets hope its better then genesis (being kicked out over a hour for set up & no 64 set up on day one when you have players coming out of state just to play 64).

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I'd love to MM some people at Apex :awesome:

I don't think King Funk ever did accept my $20 MM :(

Battlecow

Play to Win
I really wanna find a way to get to this and see y'all

It'd be easier if I had some concrete idea of who was going, though.

Is Nintendude going? Sensei? Megavolt? anyone else I should know about?

Olikus

Smash Champion

I think nintendude and hamburglar are 64 TOs. At least they said that some months ago. Dunno if theyr changed their minds though.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord

Yeah this would be good to know if they are for sure going or not. The more that go the better. But as I have seen with all competitve ssb is you never know who will go or not until you show up and see who is there.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Nintendude is a TO and is HAmbuglar

Sensie is coming as well.

Superboom told me he was going plus a few others are entering.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Ha was just looking through who's signed up so far, PC Chris is playin 64, cool beans

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'll be officially signing up within the next few days. This is gonna be a really legit ssb64 event! I really hope that effort can be made into recording these matches (in addition to lots of friendlies). Like, seriously, when else will we ever get Isai, SuperBoom, Sensei, myself, PC, possibly m2k, etc all playing SSB64 together on console?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I'll be officially signing up within the next few days. This is gonna be a really legit ssb64 event! I really hope that effort can be made into recording these matches (in addition to lots of friendlies). Like, seriously, when else will we ever get Isai, SuperBoom, Sensei, myself, PC, possibly m2k, etc all playing SSB64 together on console?
Starting to think me and Kefit really need to come to this. Looks like its time to start planing to see if this is something we can make it to.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm so looking forward to playing all you guys. I'm currently convert my sexy online skills into true console swag so I can make a good showing at Apex 2012. =D

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm so looking forward to playing all you guys. I'm currently convert my sexy online skills into true console swag so I can make a good showing at Apex 2012. =D
I'm doing this too

And I'm not even sure if I'm coming

But I'm a kb player so yeah...

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
Dook and I will be there, still play console pretty much everyday with friends i'm pumped. bring dem MMs ON!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We are doing officially Singles but you guys can do doubles as a side event. You dont need us to do it xD.

Top Bottom