• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

antd's Tool Assisted Videos - Super Falcon! Ultimate-Cancel Combo

Cort

Apple Head
That link doesn't seem to work.

I remember a long time ago I firefoxed at the left area of Hyrule, at the ledge just before the furthest left edge, and it looked like I edge canceled or something and was able to instantly firefox again, but it came out INSTANTLY. The combo meter also read 2 and I was very confused and couldn't replicate it.

Cort

Apple Head
Nevermind, Isai sent me the video. Yeah, this is exactly what I did on hyrule in terms of the firefox, I wonder how it works?

Thino

Smash Master
That link doesn't seem to work.

I remember a long time ago I firefoxed at the left area of Hyrule, at the ledge just before the furthest left edge, and it looked like I edge canceled or something and was able to instantly firefox again, but it came out INSTANTLY. The combo meter also read 2 and I was very confused and couldn't replicate it.
something weird like happened to me as well with pika on dreamland ( it seems like weird things always happen to me with pika on dreamland) from the left edge i quick attacked diagonally right/up and cancelled the quick attack on the platform into a grab , me and my opponent were like wtf. happened twice.

ant-d

Smash Lord
This was done by Japanese TASer DsG. I encoded the m64 he sent me today.
This is his fastest version which is 25 seconds faster than his previous run.

Japanese version is different. On some stages the American version can be faster.

RonaldC

Smash Rookie
Hey AntD, what recording program do you use?

I read BHLMRO's thread but it didn't seem particularily good to be worth the money

I'm using CamStudio now but I'm having trouble recording audio (Using Vista)

So now I'm looking for a similar free, capable recording (Screencasting) program

I love watching your SSB videos so I thought I'd come here to ask for some advice

So which recording program do you use and how best can I use it?

ant-d

Smash Lord
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWN82WTk6-Q

Shows the rising platform catching Mario before he ascends.
The actual physics of this are very strange. You can press jump when Mario is in the air, and it will perform a jump after he lands. You still must z-cancel, the platform cancels out the ascent.
It is also possible to do other combinations, such as N-air to F-air to U-air with Mario.

Some other characters can do this.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
hey ant, what all are you using to perform this stuff? just mupen? because im trying to make macros, like one for shining, but its ****ty. is there some other program i can use?

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
hey ant, what all are you using to perform this stuff? just mupen? because im trying to make macros, like one for shining, but its ****ty. is there some other program i can use?
Use N-rage plugin and assign a modifier to down b, and assign another to the c-button. use rapid fire for both. press the keys you assigned the buttons to right after one another, and you should get something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI79ZQRpeQs
it's the bad quality recorder
hope i helped

ant-d

Smash Lord
Just use Nitsuja's edition of Mupen64. It has frame advance and re-recording, all you need.
I wonder if any smashers have facebook...

hambread

Smash Apprentice
it'll be weird if you use the internet, go on kaillera, talk with friends on msn, but dont use facebook. meh fb is too popular now.
anyyywayysss, antd, have you ever had a tas stock match with a friend (like, on the same keyboard or wateva)

ant-d

Smash Lord
All character Block-Jump -

All characters can do this. It was already known that Yoshi could do it.

Method:

Stick jump out of shield 2 frames before an attack hits you.

Alternatively you could:
Shield and tilt it in any direction. Jump 2 frames before the attack hits you.

You are invulnerable for 2 frames, including grabs.
You can't jump-block long attacks such as many smashes. However, Pikachu can jump-block to up+b, he can then pass through almost all attacks without getting touched.
Fox can of course reflector cancel out of it, this also has much priority. These added moves require quick timing.

Video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wZcob0DDIbs

As you can see, Ness can cancel his second jump resulting in many DJC-Blocks.
You an also Up-smash out of the shield. However, the up-smash is NOT invincible. So you have to time it at the last possible frame.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Wow, learned something new, thanks antd I'll try this out.

So I have an item to compare two frames to, how long is the start up time of an attack like foxes jab or reflector?

ant-d

Smash Lord
Malva did this in one of his match videos, and then we found out exactly how to do it using frame advance.
3:39-40 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6FsYEn28o

I think the Japanese (Red Mario) already knew how to do it for some time. I don't know how long.

Fox's jab hits 3 frames after pressing A.

edit: 1000th post + almost Christmas!

malva00

Smash Master
i'm sure red mario has known for at least a year but i don't know how long exactly don't feel like asking him

CHUK

Smash Ace
How do you properly smash DI in SSB, or whatever is considered the most effective DI, thank you.

Rediculous new TAS.

Top Bottom