• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Experienced Link Player joins the forums

MTD

Smash Apprentice
that video was horrible display of someone playing link, so please dont come to these boards claiming your experienced, when you pretty much suck.

and aurshade you need to shut up, you post on these boards all the time like your good when no one has seen a video of you, so next time before you talk please post of video of you playing, thanks.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
AeroLink, as a word of advice, most everyone at Smashboards consider rolling a scrubby tactic. Excessive rolling doesn't make your gameplay look faster, it makes it look more flawed. Every time you roll, you leave yourself in a vaulnerable position. Experienced players will predict where you roll and hit you every time.

I know it works great against your friends and against the people you play, but it really won't work at a tournement. Watch experienced players play and watch how they get from point A to point B on a stage. It's typically through ariels or dashes...it's not rolling.

I think you approach your opponent like one or two times that entire video. Every other time, you roll behind your opponent. This is a tactic that should be stopped. Never roll into your opponent. If you must roll, roll away from your opponent. You will find a very large improvement in your game if you learned how to approach without overspamming F-Air/Roll.

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
Like everyone said, the spacing is really important when playing link. If your too close, your gonna get hit by a smash move and links recovery might kill you, but if your too far, you cant do much with aerials and projectiles.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
AeroLink, as a word of advice, most everyone at Smashboards consider rolling a scrubby tactic. Excessive rolling doesn't make your gameplay look faster, it makes it look more flawed. Every time you roll, you leave yourself in a vaulnerable position. Experienced players will predict where you roll and hit you every time.

I know it works great against your friends and against the people you play, but it really won't work at a tournement. Watch experienced players play and watch how they get from point A to point B on a stage. It's typically through ariels or dashes...it's not rolling.

I think you approach your opponent like one or two times that entire video. Every other time, you roll behind your opponent. This is a tactic that should be stopped. Never roll into your opponent. If you must roll, roll away from your opponent. You will find a very large improvement in your game if you learned how to approach without overspamming F-Air/Roll.
Don't worry, this not the true might of AeroLink_the_SoulMaster...lol Seriously, I wouldn't play this way in a tournament. I'll set up a thread of my recent, current, and accurate vids soon.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
that video was horrible display of someone playing link, so please dont come to these boards claiming your experienced, when you pretty much suck.

and aurshade you need to shut up, you post on these boards all the time like your good when no one has seen a video of you, so next time before you talk please post of video of you playing, thanks.
I'll show you a better display soon. I've pretty much said this a myriad of times: Don't judge my skills based on this vid; this is not an accurate display of skill. I understand now that this vid shouldn't have been posted at all in the first place. But fine, if you think I suck, then so be it.

La fuerza de ALSM ya no es sabido.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
La fuerza de ALSM ya no es sabido.
eso esta mal escrito en espa~ol jeje. And theres hardly any vid of him (HDL) cause almost all the vids of his link were taken out of youtube but you can still try to look for his vids. But beileve me he was way better than germ and not because He is from PR but if you want vids of his link from melee you can just ask him on the boards. the more recent ones before brawl were great man.

this is his link combo vid and believe me he got way better than this and then moved to marth

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2qsGofOorQM

PS he now uses MK

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
eso esta mal escrito en espa~ol jeje. And theres hardly any vid of him (HDL) cause almost all the vids of his link were taken out of youtube but you can still try to look for his vids. But beileve me he was way better than germ and not because He is from PR but if you want vids of his link from melee you can just ask him on the boards. the more recent ones before brawl were great man.

this is his link combo vid and believe me he got way better than this and then moved to marth

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2qsGofOorQM

PS he now uses MK
Perdoname, lol. (Escribir y hablar diferente). Anyway, that vid was good. What about Aniki?

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before HDL and Germ were the best Aniki was just a joke just watch his matches he didnt even L cancel much. This is just me but I think the mayority of japanese players suck at melee except for Captn Jack and bombsoldier. But dont give up man keep up the good work and remember to play safe and spam projectiles with like it is the only way to play him good. Both the combo vid and the art of livk of Izaw help and if you are really trying to get competitive I sugest you play with a lot of character just so you get to know then and find their weakness and advantages that way you can get your link to high level play. That way youll know what to expect from others.

Aurashade I still dont know if your link is any good post some vids.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
Like I said before HDL and Germ were the best Aniki was just a joke just watch his matches he didnt even L cancel much. This is just me but I think the mayority of japanese players suck at melee except for Captn Jack and bombsoldier. But dont give up man keep up the good work and remember to play safe and spam projectiles with like it is the only way to play him good. Both the combo vid and the art of livk of Izaw help and if you are really trying to get competitive I sugest you play with a lot of character just so you get to know then and find their weakness and advantages that way you can get your link to high level play. That way youll know what to expect from others.

lmao you are so ********, there are tons for great japanese players. lord hdl isnt even that good, his opponents sucked pretty bad in that combo video. and aniki is without a doubt the best link player from melee so please shut up

Legan

Smash Lord
lmao you are so ********, there are tons for great japanese players. lord hdl isnt even that good, his opponents sucked pretty bad in that combo video. and aniki is without a doubt the best link player from melee so please shut up
Im gunna have to agree with this guy. You really dont know what you're talking about.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace

You are the dumbest person on these boards. You really have no idea what you're talking about. Research your **** before you reply on these boards.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Dude u really are a scrub man. maybe your the type oh guy that never went to big tournaments and play with your baby brothers and feel you play pro but both me and My friend went to pro tournaments I even went to evo world and place 13 th face PC Cris M2K (kicked my sorry ***) beated hugs cactuar, sk92 and some of the bignames outhere played against DSF etc etc. That vid I showed was made 5 years ago back when HDL came from the US and practically showed us how to play I dare any of you to play or come to play against s or go to evo 2k8 and MM any of us cause we play pro here. But w8 probably you have to ask all of you permission to your parents jajaja or dont have the money . Anyway ill talk to him to see if he hasnt erased vids of recent melee fights before brawl came.

And just in case I went to evo and fought a lot of Link players who tought they were the **** and even said Link was counter for fox( lol what a scrub) and i 3 stocked them all. So please Kid I think you are way out of your league. And dont forget I played againt germ. So shut it

PS: Kid learn your lesson and if your going to talk smack try to back up your arguments with proof so you dont sound like an idiot.

peace to you all.

D

Deleted member

Dude u really are a scrub man. maybe your the type oh guy that never went to big tournaments and play with your baby brothers and feel you play pro but both me and My friend went to pro tournaments I even went to evo world and place 13 th face PC Cris M2K (kicked my sorry ***) beated hugs cactuar, sk92 and some of the bignames outhere played against DSF etc etc. That vid I showed was made 5 years ago back when HDL came from the US and practically showed us how to play I dare any of you to play or come to play against s or go to evo 2k8 and MM any of us cause we play pro here. But w8 probably you have to ask all of you permission to your parents jajaja or dont have the money . Anyway ill talk to him to see if he hasnt erased vids of recent melee fights before brawl came.

And just in case I went to evo and fought a lot of Link players who tought they were the **** and even said Link was counter for fox( lol what a scrub) and i 3 stocked them all. So please Kid I think you are way out of your league. And dont forget I played againt germ. So shut it

PS: Kid learn your lesson and if your going to talk smack try to back up your arguments with proof so you dont sound like an idiot.

peace to you all.
vids or it didnt happen

btw trevyn was the best link, end of discussion

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of that guy but never seen a vid of him do you have an link to his matches. Also I ve heard he uses him on brawl too and saw a vid but dont know if its the same guy against foward I think.

Vids of His Link (HDL) I could find. Of me on Evo it was a shame we wasted all on 3rd and Marvel before we realized all our tapes were full lol. I just hope there is another side tourney of brawl on evo without Items. XD

MTD

Smash Apprentice
I've heard of that guy but never seen a vid of him do you have an link to his matches. Also I ve heard he uses him on brawl too and saw a vid but dont know if its the same guy against foward I think.

Vids of His Link (HDL) I could find. Of me on Evo it was a shame we wasted all on 3rd and Marvel before we realized all our tapes were full lol. I just hope there is another side tourney of brawl on evo without Items. XD
lmao show me vids you playing at evo moron or it did not happen. and look up vids of masashi, captain jack, smasher, bombersoldier, theres tons of great japanese players, and you say theres none. so if anyones the little scrub it's your dumb ***, so stfu.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer

peace to you all.

You definitely didn't beat me at Evo World, so I have no idea why you are bringing my name into this. HDL also did not beat me. Neither of you were that good, and you are not even close to the level of the people you are name-dropping.

Playing someone in a friendly means nothing. There are only tournament wins and losses. Who have you beaten?

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
More bull**** that I'm spitting out of my *** because I failed math AND English in fourth grade.
Cactuar just called you gay.
You should probably go cry in a corner now.
:'[ Don't worry, we'll pretend we feel bad.

-Nox`

*edit*
And trevyn is DEFINITELY not the best Link.
Lol.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace

peace to you all.
My what an idiot you are.

1. You're talking melee on brawl boards.
2. You like melee on brawl boards.
3. I don't like the way you look....

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Lol to all of you, first I said Bombsoldier and cptn jack were good masashi sucks period, 2nd I will stop talking about melee on brawl boards. 3rd Cactuar Im sorry thta you dont remember me but I remember me and a peach player EVAL kicking your sorry *** in melee I also remember your friend wes who used cptn falcon preatty good and wanted to money match everyone except me cause i beated his captn, also he stop using capt and started playing marth and we were even. Even MR Ganondorf used marth instead of ganon and I still beated him. And lastly Im not comparing myself with PC, M2K or Ken they are really good players who practice more than me but you... cant also compare yourself to them cause I Played you and beated you. Sadly Im from PR and cant go to any tournies and not because of money or any other reason is that I study and classes here start on August. But see ya on the next evo world to see if you can bring it. Also HDL will be coming and we will practice melee and brawl so anyone who is interested to play os or say we suck, its your time to prove it other wise shut the **** up. lol Diferent to others who just talk but are afraid to bring it jjaajja.

PS Cactuar me and you were tied for 13 on evo World Cheq and you will Know who I am. And I dare you to post that HDL, Fox Hater EVAL suck on melee and Didnt beat you on the PR forums

I hope this ends here cause the thread is not anymore about link lol.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
I know FoxHater personally and he is a prick but he did go to Evo2k7 and these are the results. Note that this is their first ever major tournament and placed relatively high considering they don't have real experience. Who they beat in casuals? I wasn't there so I must trust whatever they told me.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=137535
Evo2k7 Smash top 64 / semi-final bracket results

Don't hate. This was the second most popular game at Evo.

1st: Ken (Marth)
2nd: Hugs (<-Samus)
3rd: Mango (<-Jigglypuff)
4th: PC Chris (Falco/Fox)
5th: Chu Dat (<-IceClimbers)
5th: Eddie (<-Ganon)
7th: Chillindude (Fox)
7th: DieSuperFly (Shiek)
9th: Edgar Valentin <EVAL
9th: George-Is
9th: CHAD
9th: Mew2King
13rd: Wesley
13rd: Gilbert <Fox Hater
13rd: Simna
13rd: Cactuar
17th: Ismael
17th: Lucky
17th: VickO
17th: ARASH
17th: Roy
17th: Francisco
17th: SK-12
17th: Gus
25th: Twist
25th: Kelly
25th: G-Force
25th: Zach! Pollard
25th: Brett
25th: Nathan
25th: Carlos
25th: Richard
33rd: Sean Oh
33rd: JC Gross
33rd: Akanei
33rd: Tim Vita
33rd: Simon
33rd: Sexy
33rd: Justin Sia
33rd: Bruce Edwards
33rd: Tahir
33rd: David Taylor 'Dat Man'
About Aniki. Please stop you god****ed japanophiles. Go back and watch those youtube vids and notice how repetitive and horrible he plays (and his opponent Korius aswell sucks). You spook him and he rolls, too bad his opponent sucks at punishing. Aniki cannot hold a candle compared to Germ, HDL, Kubuu or SSJRicky.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lol to all of you, first I said Bombsoldier and cptn jack were good masashi sucks period, 2nd I will stop talking about melee on brawl boards. 3rd Cactuar Im sorry thta you dont remember me but I remember me and a peach player EVAL kicking your sorry *** in melee I also remember your friend wes who used cptn falcon preatty good and wanted to money match everyone except me cause i beated his captn, also he stop using capt and started playing marth and we were even. Even MR Ganondorf used marth instead of ganon and I still beated him. And lastly Im not comparing myself with PC, M2K or Ken they are really good players who practice more than me but you... cant also compare yourself to them cause I Played you and beated you. Sadly Im from PR and cant go to any tournies and not because of money or any other reason is that I study and classes here start on August. But see ya on the next evo world to see if you can bring it. Also HDL will be coming and we will practice melee and brawl so anyone who is interested to play os or say we suck, its your time to prove it other wise shut the **** up. lol Diferent to others who just talk but are afraid to bring it jjaajja.

PS Cactuar me and you were tied for 13 on evo World Cheq and you will Know who I am. And I dare you to post that HDL, Fox Hater EVAL suck on melee and Didnt beat you on the PR forums

I hope this ends here cause the thread is not anymore about link lol.
Just because you were tied with me, doesn't mean you as nearly as good as I was then or am now. Simna also got 13th and he isn't even close to being my level. EVAL was struggling vs me in bs friendlies and to my recollection still didn't take a match from me, which is pretty bad considering how little I care during friendlies. You are not good at this game just because of who you have played.

I also didn't have a friend who played Falcon with me, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you have me mistaken with someone else, but the only people who took matches in friendly or tournament are people I knew. Quit life.

If you want to make a comparison of it, who did you lose to in brackets?

Also "Even Mr Ganondorf used...". The fact that you are bragging about beating him shows how far you are from being a good player. Mr Ganondorf, while he is cool and I know him personally, at that time was also not even close to me, and still is not. (No offense G :laugh:)

Eval

Smash Journeyman
@Friendlies: To be honest, I sandbag a lot in friendlies and I do it unconsciously. As Cactuar said friendlies mean nothing, so I don't give a **** about them really. I just want to play with people and warm up for a bit. I got the opportunity to go to the States and compete on a mayor tournament so I played as much people as I could. I had almost 0 sleep cause that was so ****ing great time and I didn't want it to go to waste.

@EVO 2k7: I lost to HugS in Evo2k7, which got a freaking awesome samus. I should have used another char (which I lack in melee) since my main is Peach and I had no practice at all against Samus. I think for a peach player and the rules that gave me no counterpick at all could HURT me a lot against Marths and Foxes since most stages benefit fox against her. I still managed to get to the part where had a 2 out of 3 sets and passed through all those 1 out 1 one set and Pools without having stage knockouts or counterpicks. So I don't think I got it all that easy on the tournament. I'm not saying I'm teh **** or anything, I'm just pointing that out.

@EVO 2k8: Im planning on going to EVO again and hopefully see you guys there again.

I know FoxHater personally and he is a prick
Sorry FoxHater but I agree. :D

PS This thread is soooooooooo out of topic, lmao.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Just because you were tied with me, doesn't mean you as nearly as good as I was then or am now. Simna also got 13th and he isn't even close to being my level. EVAL was struggling vs me in bs friendlies and to my recollection still didn't take a match from me, which is pretty bad considering how little I care during friendlies. You are not good at this game just because of who you have played.

I also didn't have a friend who played Falcon with me, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you have me mistaken with someone else, but the only people who took matches in friendly or tournament are people I knew. Quit life.

If you want to make a comparison of it, who did you lose to in brackets?

Also "Even Mr Ganondorf used...". The fact that you are bragging about beating him shows how far you are from being a good player. Mr Ganondorf, while he is cool and I know him personally, at that time was also not even close to me, and still is not. (No offense G :laugh:)
even though I agree with everything you say, shut up.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
So I guess is setled we all will see our faces on evo 2k8 XD. And just to clear out I dont have a grude against anybody and I remember who I fought. Cactuar I thought weasly was a friend of you since I saw you with them and Chad. Maybe you dont remember me or dont want to but regardless of the case this is all out of topic I just mentioned all of the above to proved I knew about smash and had experience. and it all turned out on "who beated who" and "who is better that who" wich cant be resolved by arguments only.

In any case I stoped practicing melee before Evo 2k7 and still got far. I had to face PC in the first match and lost to him and couldnt counterpick so I think I really did pretty well in getting 13th.

I'll practice melee and brawl and come prepared for Evo 2k8. So instead of arguing Cactuar lets just leave it at that and let me know if there is a side tourney before or after evo PM or something.

I hope this end it.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
why are you guys bringing up melee on a brawl boards (like someone else said)? melee and braw are 2 different games, comparison between the two (by players and in depth gameplay) is nearly useless. but hey, who am I to say? the debate is good! so imma shut up and read.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I never lost to a guy named Fox Hater/Gilbert, friendlies or not.

The field was not seeded, so it could have been extremely easy to place top 13 with an easy bracket. It was only in the final 8 that there was no chance of having an easy match.

That is all.

Zodiac

Smash Master

The field was not seeded, so it could have been extremely easy to place top 13 with an easy bracket. It was only in the final 8 that there was no chance of having an easy match.

That is all.
And thats exactly why Im seeding my tournament

too bad evo2k8 is a joke
for smash anyway Lulz

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman

That is all.
yeah evo 2k8 will really be a joke, for smash, I hope that at least there is a side tournament and maybe a melee one too. But mostly im going to support the people from tekken, MvC2, 3rd and CvS2 from PR. I Dont care too much about the results of evo in smash because of Items,

And hugs I remember now not beating you we were one stock with high percentages. man my bad my friend cleared that out It just been a lot of time scince that but we only played one match. And my friend was the peach player you beated to get to the final brackets. on winners. Also what character are you using now? u still with samus or a new character?

PS i didnt get any easy bracket, I faced PC and DSF.

Demon Rider

Smash Rookie
To quote myself.
"For some reason Smash is the only game where people who aren't pro always think they are really good..."

JK, you seem a lot better than some of the other members joining. Try to be a bit more humble. Coming in saying your good isn't very respectful. Even if you actually are.
Agreed. People who do that are nubs.

Deva

Smash Lord
Cool, GGz for me walking into the thread after the flamming ended >_>.

I guarantee I have been to more tourneys then any other link since brawl came out.
Pretty sure I've attended the most tourneys :p

As far as melee, HDL was decent if that. He didn't play anyone all that great, and his vids were passable if that. Germ was definately better. Still even from there, Aniki was probably better. Still though, Aniki, like HDL and others, quit melee way before Brawl came out. The metagame changed a lot since then. Since then, Trevyn, Skler, and I were the only melee Link's to continue learning Link's gameplay in the newer stages of Smash. Aniki was good, but overrated. He would have no idea of what to do in some of the more recent situations that can arise while Playing Link competetively.

@Fox Hater,.......who are you again?

@ the guy who started this thread, welcome ^_^.

lmao at mentioning aurashade XD

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
Hey, fellow Link players! I've been browsing throughout these Link forums. I, too, am a Link mainer. I'm up-to-date with the ATs of Link, and they are part of my game. Unfortunately, I do not have the means to show you my skills through video, but I promise you that I am good. I also cannot currently play online yet. I've seen videos of the top Link players, and I can safely say that I am one of them also. So far the advanced Link players that I know in Brawl are: Deva, Legan, ArkiveZero, Aurashade, Izaw, Skler, and maybe Force. I also know about the Germ, and Aniki (melee). Are they playing Brawl? If I missed any other good Link player please let me know. I am more interested in learning more from you guys rather than pit your Links against mine. It's all about showing that Link isn't a push over character that can't win tournaments. Link FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bee:
experienced, you say? shh...shut your mouth, nub. people like you make me want to hurt someone, badly. it's not hard to tell that you haven't a clue about melee--i don't care about brawl. you're a ****ing scrub who doesn't know ****. brawl is for the ****ing mentally ******** anyway. any skilled melee player knows that, besides cort.

i have an anger issue; i know. brawl ****ing sucks. i can't believe respectable players still compete in such a feeble game.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
experienced? you say? shh...shut your mouth, nub. people like you make me want to hurt someone, badly. it's not hard to tell that you haven't a clue about melee--i don't care about brawl. you're a ****ing scrub who doesn't know ****. brawl is for the ****ing mentally ******** anyway. any skilled melee player knows that, besides cort.

i have an anger issue; i know. brawl ****ing sucks. i can't believe respectable players still compete in such a feeble game.

:D

Anyways, AeroLink, it's best to be overly humble than overly arrogant. Unless you main Captain Falcon, in which case if you're good, you deserve it.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
experienced, you say? shh...shut your mouth, nub. people like you make me want to hurt someone, badly. it's not hard to tell that you haven't a clue about melee--i don't care about brawl. you're a ****ing scrub who doesn't know ****. brawl is for the ****ing mentally ******** anyway. any skilled melee player knows that, besides cort.

You sir, need to buy a hooker...

Top Bottom