• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Change in plans. This is the LAST tournament I will be going to for a while. I'll show up for singles, so please wait for me. <3

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Results from my memory:

1 Anther (Pikachu/Lucario/Ice Climbers)
2 Dope (Wario/Meta Knight/Dedede)
3 lain (Snake/Ice Climbers)
4 SKEET SHADY (Dedede)
5 Shaeden (Falco/Marth)
5 Sandwich (Snake [your Luigi doesn't count])
7 Rofa (Meta Knight)
7 DingDong (Meta Knight)
9 DBS (Wario)
9 Ankoku (Marth/Sheik)
9 Okiyama (Wario)
9 ???
13 Prime (ROB)
13 ???

1 Anther + Shaeden
2 Dope + SKEET SHADY
3 DBS + thaxceptional1

I'll post shoutouts later.

dingding

Smash Ace
That stuff was fun gg to every1 nice friendlies ankoku.. that 2 spike by ur doo doo marth.. but yeah rofa did any 1 happen to tape that match with me and dope where i got pulled by the ship on RBC

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I guess I'll go in order of who I played. This is my last tournament, again, until 2009, barring some miracle or something.

DingDong - Good luck with that Snake. lol. Maybe eventually you'll be able to actually win against my Sheik or Marth.

Anther - :V Fox. Apparently Zelda is a BAD BAD idea vs Lucario. I'm never picking Sheik against your counterpick again. >_< lol, ggs, nice ICs, good **** getting first.

lain - Your chaingrabs with ICs are nice, but Nana is incorrigibly stupid. Also, you won against me with Snake. I need to stop losing to Snake. I'm going to stop losing to Snake. rawr. D:

Prime - I didn't land tipper fsmashes on anyone else nearly as much as I did against you. Not sure why. :V

Okiyama - MUCH closer matches than the last time I played you. Keep working on that Wario. : )

Sandwich - Epic, epic games 1 and 3. Next time, my Sheik will have your Snake's head.

Shaeden - lol, I failed epically against you.

Jay - I know you don't want to die, but seriously, wtf? 7:34 friendly is too much.

um.... people I didn't get to play now, I guess.

Dope - omg Dope's back! Second place with Wario ftw

Rofa - Good to finally see you, I'll talk to neal about the tio problem. Enjoyed the random interview, lol
EDIT:
(2:28:54 AM) nealdt: bad bad, even number of pools only
(2:29:13 AM) nealdt: i'll put out an update on that eventually
"Nice Sheik, you've been practicing" blah, if you can call Wifi with Shaeden for three hours practice >_<. And still not nice enough.

DBS - Dammit, I knew I forgot to play someone.

thaxceptional1 - $5 MM once you figure out what character you play in Brawl? : P

Panda - zomg, nice to see you for like, 5 minutes. lol.

Bowyer - was a Bowyer.

Did I miss anyone? Oh yeah, Joel's predictions were wrong :V

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
next time i'll bring money and not take a 3hr long drive in the wrong direction and spend all of it on gas

TheMann

Smash Ace
Wow no Joel? I wish I could have went to this :(

Oh well congrats to the top 3.

Is the next tourney the super expensive Cygamz? Or is rofas still goin on then.

lain

Smash Master
digiops is officially over. the next tourney is in two weeks, on friday, at rofa's. then the saturday right after is the cygamz event.

3rD!!!

shoutouts later

OMFG. I HATE THIS SETUP

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
cant come till mid July but could have been there last night but there were some minor inconveniences but ill try 2 come more in july if they get back up

Scala

Smash Ace
You guys are ****ers for not showing up friday night, it was a pretty mediocre turnout T_T
I guess saturday lots of people came but I had a **** grad party to go to(which sucked anyways >_>)...

Regardless, since there aren't any more smashfests after the next one, does anyone else have a big room we can meet at and hang out?

Also, nice games panda :D You put up with my ****ty yoshi for farrrr too long and seemed OK with it

Khovastis

Smash Rookie
Apparently i and somebody else switched controllers so whoever had a silver controller check the back and see if it says "KHOV" if you want yours back i got it. Im not worried about getting mine back anytime soon.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
lain's pro.. best comeback ever.. against my GW 100% come back and the win..
false best comeback was when in doubles me and totho were fighting scotu and levitas i had 1 both of them had 2 and my teammate had 0 stock and i comeback to win :-p

lain

Smash Master
double false.

best comeback ever:

aaron fighitng against tony and randy on pictochat with like 100%+ against their fresh stocks.

hurraaayyy

uhhhhh

BRAWLBRO cygamz is a tournament that's going to be at Showcase Cinemas in Ann Arbor on the 28th. $20 entry. Huge pot.

caymon

Smash Rookie
I think I left a wiimote with silver and green rechargeable batteries in it. I'd really like it back if anyone has it :). Wiimotes cost too much.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't remember playing against Aaron when I was teaming with Randy. That would be when I was with SCOTU. And I'm not sure how much of a comeback it is when Aaron got all 8 of the KOs in both games. Clearly he was better than both of us combined from the start. :V

Vayseth

Smash Master
I've quit brawl until further notice guys =( It's just not any fun any more. I'll prolly not check the forums much either. If panda moves in, I'll probably play more but right now I've got too much on my plate to play this game very much anymore =(

rofa

Smash Journeyman
(5 days later)

me: "Vayseth want to play smash?!"

u: "YEAAH! 1 STOCK! OMG SMASH SMASH SMASH!"

heard this **** before, stfu

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Melee, MBAC, and IaMP are better than Brawl. But Brawl is better than SWR.

Either way, doesn't matter, 'cause I play all of them. Except SWR. Ewww...

Well, okay, I don't play Melee much either. Someone donate a Melee disc to me? : P

What's the ETA on the vids, rofa? And the replay I saved was on your Wii, right?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
BRAWLBRO cygamz is a tournament that's going to be at Showcase Cinemas in Ann Arbor on the 28th. $20 entry. Huge pot.

woah that pot looks a spicy:p

I finally found a link to the cygamz site but there still pretty vague, is this single or double elimination, and is it best two out of three, or single games per set?

Eh anyways the chance at the moneys nuff of a reason to go.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
no, no, no. Lain, the only time I've ever played pictochat was when I was teamed with Rat. I was down four stocks against bowyer and whoever he was teamed with. Rat died early and I was on my last stock. I took out 3 stocks solo until I died by the stage hazards. That was my best near-comeback ever.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So WHERE is this? Is there a thread for this tournamnet anywhere? I want to win $1k, even if I have to clone myself and get 1rst 2nd and 3rd.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
allisbrawl? But that's where the special kids go :(

edit: 6 minute timer is boo.

But I finally get to take people to Flatzone 2!

dingding

Smash Ace
or go to cygamz.com but there last tournament was like doo doo took 2 hours to play 1 match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom