• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Thanks. 🙏

In that case, just like the Newgrounds Rumble thread, I'll submit Edd from Eddsworld. He's another webtoon character like Strong Bad and represents UK animation. His attacks would reference the different "Eddisodes" of the show. Matt and Tom serve as alts.

There has been violent imagery (mainly in the zombie episodes) on the show, but it's been toned down a lot since and hasn't been a big thing in the newer Eddisodes, so I don't think it hinders Edd as a fighter. However, I'm excluding Tord as an alt because of his use of guns and firearms (unless they're allowed) and fate in The End. Yes, Tom has a thing for guns, but he barely uses them nowadays.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
1. Gumball
2. Edd (forgot to mention this in my submission, but fun fact: the real Edd was offered to have his creation turned into a TV show at one point)
3. Johnny Quest Test

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for character submissions are now over!

Moimintroll Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 6 votes
Gumball Glubbfubb Glubbfubb - 17 votes
Wallace and Gromit @Darkonedagger - 16 votes
Ladybug cashregister9 cashregister9 - 0 votes
Masha and Bear evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 1 vote
Johnny Test Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 5 votes
Edd Butters Stotch Butters Stotch - 3 votes

Gumball and Wallace & Gromit will be joining our roster! Congratulations to Glubbfubb Glubbfubb , @Darkonedagger, and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Also, the poll to decide which third prompt will be chosen is now over! Non-Traditional Animation will be chosen! Congratulations to AlRex AlRex and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #37: Submit a moveset for Fred Flintstone or Dipper & Mabel

The only requirements are to have both specials and a final smash. You can also add a little extra detail for their moveset if you like (only optional). You can submit a moveset for one or all of them. If anyone wishes to see an example, you can look at our past movesets linked in the first post of the thread. If anyone is interested, Optimus Prime still needs a moveset as well.

Fred Flintstone moveset:
Neutral Special: Boulder Throw - Fred throws a Boulder forwards that rolls on the ground and acts like CatDog's Hairball in NASB, but it has more further knockback.

Side Special: Foot Mobile - Fred charges straightforward Enemy with fast speed and flattens Fighter if it got contact with Enemy. The Flattening gives Enemy slow and Stun effect.

Up Special: Yabba Dabba Doo Jump - Fred Summons Apatosaurus' tail and slides on it, sending him high in the Air. Acts as Recovery move.

Down B: Club Bash - Fred bashes an Enemy with his Club with High Damage that gives the enemy Stun. It can Deflect Projectiles.

Final Smash: Family Clubbing - Fred catches the 2 foes and He commands his Family to attacks with their Clubs, including Dino as the Supportive Character that Bites them. After the Final Smash, 2 does are Stunned.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Dipper & Mabel

They would be a stance fighter

Down Special: Switch, Dipper or Mabel takes the lead.

Up Special: Grappling Hook, Dipper or Mabel Shoot a grappling hook upwards grabbing onto an opponent or a ledge

Neutral Special (Dipper): Crystal Flashlight, Dipper points the Crystal Flashlight forwards shrinking opponents hit.

Neutral Special (Mabel): Glitter Golf, Mabel gets out a Mini-golf putter and hits a glitter bomb forwards, The glitter bomb deals explosive damage and poisons opponents

Side Special (Dipper): Shmebulock, Dipper throws Shmebulock forwards like a football

Side Special (Mabel): Grenda, Grenda Appears and charges forwards

Final smash: The Power of the Journals, All 3 Journals appear and many creatures from gravity falls appear and wreak havoc all across the stage.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Moveset submissions are now over!

Tankman from Newground’s Fred Flintstone moveset and Cashregister9’s Dipper & Mabel moveset will both be chosen! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and cashregister9 cashregister9 !

Job #38: Submit a stage for Fred Flintstone or Dipper & Mabel

You can submit a stage for Fred Flintstone, Dipper & Mabel, or all of them. Describe what the stage is and how it would work. What cameos or hazards would there be as well?

Job #38:
Stan's Mystery Shack (Gravity Falls)

It would take place in Oregonian Forest, where Mystery Shack is located. The layout is Straight Arena with 2 Platforms on roof. It would have Day- Night Cycle Mechanic.
Stage Hazard: But when Bill Cipher appears from Nowhere, he rips the Shack and Arena from Ground in air below Weirdmageddon Rift and Background distorts in Psychadelic state. After while of Weirdness, he drops it down where it started.

The Cameos are JIFfany, Stan (Gets replaced by Ford if Stan was Summoned as Assist), Bill Cipher (as Stage Hazard), Mabel's Pig, Anne and Sasha from Amphibia (Why not, Gravity Falls and Amphibia are sister Series).

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job #38:
Stan's Mystery Shack (Gravity Falls)
The Cameos are JIFfany, Stan (Dissappears if Summoned as Assist), Bill Cipher (as Stage Hazard), Mabel's Pig, Anne and Sasha from Amphibia (Why not, Gravity Falls and Amphibia are sister Series).
Maybe, if Assist Trophies are turned on, Ford can appear on the stage instead of Stan? He could work like Alfonso on Spirit Train.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #38: Bedrock Rock Quarry
C3394668-6021-47B8-A807-1A94ECE72BF5.jpeg

The stage takes place in a small rock quarry, belonging to the Slate Rock and Gravel Company. In the stage, Fred (if not selected) or Barney would be doing their jobs by using a random dinosaur. The dinosaur and chair on top would act as platforms for the stage. For cameos, Mr. Slate and random employees could be seen working in the background. Hazards would be random rocks falling or swinging around the dinosaur’s mouth.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Stage submissions are now over! Stan’s Mystery Shack and Bedrock Rock Quarry we’ll be selected! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and evanwoo10 evanwoo10 !

Job #39: Submit a favorite food item for Fred Flintstone or Dipper & Mabel

You can submit a favorite food for Fred Flintstone, Dipper & Mabel, or all of them. Make sure to explain what the food is and why it should be chosen. Only one favorite food can be chosen for each of them!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Favorite food submissions are now over!

T Bone Steak will be selected for Fred Flintstone’s favorite food and Pitt Cola will be selected for Dipper & Mabel’s favorite food! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and Butters Stotch Butters Stotch !

Job #40: Submit a character heavily associated with memes (submission by evanwoo10 evanwoo10 )

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game! Just a reminder, only one character will be joining the roster from this job!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 40

Dio Brando

censored.jpg

Dio Brando is a major and recurring character from Jojo's Bizarre adventure, He would be a unique character with all of his Vampire Powers and Stand Powers.

And Obviously has a lot of memes

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job #40:

Jimmy Neutron is my nomination (if the one below isn't viable). Jimmy Neutron would be a good meme pick, considering that his series has been memed to oblivion. His show is one of the most well-known Nicktoons, being one of the channel's first 3D animated shows and managing to receive three crossovers with The Fairly Odd Parents. Almost 20 years have passed and fans still remember it fondly. His moveset would obviously have him use his inventions and robot dog Goddard.

If he's allowed, as side characters can be prioritised if they're more popular than the main ones, I'll submit Hugh Neutron instead. A good chunk of the show's memes are related to him ("I sat on a banana!"), Mark DeCarlo is happy to do Hugh's voice for fan projects and such, and Hugh is arguably the most requested character for Nick All-Star Brawl (with DeCarlo himself in favor of the idea), overshadowing Jimmy himself. Hugh would be the ultimate joke character, using iconic gags as attacks, rather than outright brute force. Nigel Thornberry is playable in Nick All-Star Brawl, so I don't think Hugh is too far-fetched. He's been modded into Smash and Mario Kart and, hell, there's even a YouTube animation that pits him against Cell from Dragon Ball Z (which Mark publicly endorsed on his Instagram)! Him going against Sailor Moon and Goku wouldn't be that hard to imagine.

Edit: I haven’t heard any objections to Hugh or an indication that he isn’t viable, so I’m fully nominating him unless anything else is said.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job #40:
JhbOkeJU.jpg

Shaggy Rogers
As part of the gang, Shaggy is mostly cowardly and has a big appetite like his friend, Scooby.

There's one famous meme and that would be 100% of his power...
powers.jpg

I think he would be pretty funny to play as and see him going up against characters like freaking Goku and even Shrek who had memes.
(It's not Ogre and It's over 9000!)

Job #40:
Mordecai and Rigby (Regular Show)

I nominate them, because they have also meme potential and their memes are popular on Instagram or Twitter. Even their show has Meme Reference in Deez Keys, which is *********.

They have moveset potential, which they can attack normally, but Some Surreal stuff can appear in their attacks like their final Smash can be Pushing enemy into Sun. They even could have stuff Referencing to their memes in their Taunts or Moveset.

They are another type of Duo Character, but Rigby is Faster and Weaker, but Mordecai is Slower, but stronger. Mordecai is heavier that Rigby, but Rigby has higher jumps.

(They can fight normally with others, until Hand God appears and he tries to defeat the Cartoon characters)

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Unless I've missed something, are regular book characters (like Greg Heffley) viable? I ask because comic, manga, and newspaper characters are all allowed.
Regular book characters would be allowed, but under certain conditions. I would say Greg Heffley is allowed, because the Diary of the Wimpy Kid books are filled with visible cartoony scenes and moments. If a book has visible cartoony moments/pictures inside, besides the front cover, I would say it’s alright.

Examples of eligible books would be (ex. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Captain Underpants, picture books for little children). Examples of book that wouldn’t be allowed would be (ex. Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, It).

Also, characters besides the main protagonists are allowed, including side characters and villains.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Regular book characters would be allowed, but under certain conditions. I would say Greg Heffley is allowed, because the Diary of the Wimpy Kid books are filled with visible cartoony scenes and moments. If a book has visible cartoony moments/pictures inside, besides the front cover, I would say it’s alright.

Examples of eligible books would be (ex. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Captain Underpants, picture books for little children). Examples of book that wouldn’t be allowed would be (ex. Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, It).

Also, characters besides the main protagonists are allowed, including side characters and villains.
Thanks for the heads up. Depending on what happens later, I may submit Greg (with Rodrick as an alt) as a fighter.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
GarfieldCharacter.jpg

Yeah Garfeild, one of THE most iconic characters to ever grace comic strips, he has also been 0art of several adaptions of varying quality and has a following on the internet due to the classic equation of nostagia+cat=meme. As an iconic character of both comic, animation, and memes Garfeild should be a must.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I really want to submit Finn and Jake (Jake Crying Meme) but I need to seize this opportunity...
Greg Heffley

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a long-running children's book series by Jeff Kinney. The books follow the life of Greg Heffley, a middle schooler with terrible luck and manipulative and sociopathic tendencies. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a meme powerhouse, with the greatest example being Rodrick. Greg would probably fight using gags and scenes from the various Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, like the cheese touch. I chose Greg because the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books are some of the most successful books ever, with each book selling over a million copies.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #40: Skeletor (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)
f66689b3-d245-4609-b082-a0f53ca5d004-png.328979.png

Skeletor is the main villain in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe franchise. Skeletor seeks the gain the powers of Castle Grayskull to rule the universe. Skeletor and the series has remained popular since their debut in the 1980’s. Skeletor is even known by many as one of the most popular 80s cartoon villains of all time. In the past decade, the series has entered the world of the internet, through countless memes, especially with Skeletor. Skeletor is an extremely powerful sorcerer and could use his Havoc Staff to cast many spells for a moveset.
125DBD22-161F-4976-A918-4661D6A76ED0.jpeg
Character submissions will end in one hour!

Top Bottom