• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 29: Scooby & Shaggy (Scooby-Doo!)
scobby.jpg

A lanky teenager with a brown Great Dane hailing from one of Hannah Barbara's iconic cartoons.

Those two would be our first duo fighter and swap stance character where you can swap between them.

I think having a duo fighter that can swap would be interesting to play as and fight.
(Plus, they would have pretty fast running due to being chased by monsters)

Job 29:
Dipper and Mabel (Gravity Falls)

Two Kids, Mabel and Dipper are hailing from Disney's Animated series, Gravity Falls.

They can be duo Fighters that in their movesets they can attack with surreal stuff like Bill Cipher is their Final Smash.

I think they should be included, because their show was more popular than Owl House and they are first Representatives, who are representing the Mystery and Surreal genre.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #29: Light Yagami (Death Note)
A0CF796F-0FDA-482C-A694-61951988B3AF.png

Light Yagami is the main protagonist of the anime manga series, Death Note. Death Note is one of the most popular anime and manga series of all time.When Light Yagami finds the Death Note, a book that can cause the death of anyone, if you know their name and face. Light decides to use his new found power to turn the world into his own kingdom, free from injustice. The series is a ultimate game of cat and mouse, between Light and the authorities.

Light could control people with the Death Note to fight for him. Light could also use Ryuk to help him, if apples are involved. Light’s final smash could be a quick cutscene with him using the Death Note on opponents to drain fighters of their health and have them launched in the air. The series involves a lot of mystery, to the characters and audience. Death Note is considered by many to be one of the most popular anime and manga series of all time.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I’m tempted to submit just Shaggy so we have like four different scooby doo characters in this job but instead I will submit detective conan from detective conan:

The main character of one of the best selling manga/anime series, Detective Conan would fight by looking for clues/evidence and using them against the opponents. Since he’s is a really iconic and successful series with some really interesting mysteries I think conan makes sense for a game like this.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I missed a lot. But here we are. I was going to suggest Kira Yoshikage but do we really need three JoJo’s Characters now do we? Anyways:
1. Light Yagami
2. Dipper and Mabel
3. Scrappy Doo

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for character submissions are now over!

The Mystery Gang cashregister9 cashregister9 - 2 votes
Scrappy Doo Glubbfubb Glubbfubb - 4 votes
Scooby & Shaggy Mamboo07 Mamboo07 - 9 votes
Dipper & Mabel Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 13 votes
Light Yagami evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 7 votes
Detective Conan Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 1 vote

Dipper & Mabel will be joining our roster! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #30: Submit two assist trophies from any series already represented

You can submit either one or two assist trophies for this job. We will be accepting a total of three assist trophies. Make sure to talk about who they are and how they would work. As long as a series has a character on the roster, they qualify for this assist trophy submission job. Just remember, anyone that becomes an assist trophy will be deconfirmed for our roster!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Willie the Giant (Mickey Mouse)

He pretty much just walks around the stage, stomping around and is obviously much larger than most fighters

Lang Rangler (JJBA Stone Ocean)

A bit of an obscure character but I think he would be a good pick because of the unique power he has. Lang would stay in one spot and anyone close enough to him would float in one spot and be unable to move, leaving them vulnerable to attack.
Now he hasn’t actually appeared in animation yet, but he is set to appear in the stone ocean anime in december of this year so I think he’s eligible.

Job 30:
Pusscat in the Boots (Shrek)

When summoned, he acts like Lyn in Smash, but it can counter Enemy Players's moves with his sable.

Jellyfish (Spongebob)

When Summoned, it floats anywhere, acting innocent like Metroid if it doesn't spot an enemy, but if you touch it, you'll get electrocuted and Paralyzed for 5 seconds after contact with it.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
DIO (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
He shoots an Eye Laser. If anyone gets caught he freezes time and does the Road Roller.

Stan Smith (Gravity Falls)
He sells stuff and warps. Money is Percent by the way.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Toph (Avatar)

Toph would appear and create Rock Walls and send out Giant Boulders at opponents

Gappy (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

Gappy would appear and summon his stand "Soft and Wet" and he would remove the friction from the stage causing everyone to slide around. Gappy may also create bubble bombs to send at opponents

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Assist trophy submissions are now over!

Willie the Giant Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Lang Rangler Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Pusscat in the Boots Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Jellyfish Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
DIO JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691
Stan Pines Smith JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691
Toph cashregister9 cashregister9
Gappy cashregister9 cashregister9

Vote for your top three favorites! You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only three assist trophies will be chosen! This will also deconfirm them from appearing on the roster!

IMPORTANT
Anyone who wants to vote for the cat in boots, I highly advise you to copy and paste Tankman’s or my version of the name! You might get a strike or ban on SmashBoards!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Am I allowed to submit the favorite food for the newcomers? or is that a job we're saving for later?

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for assist trophy submissions are now over!

Willie the Giant Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 0 votes
Lang Rangler Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 1 vote
Pusscat in the Boots Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 5 votes
Jellyfish Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds -1 vote
DIO JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 0 votes
Stan Pines Smith JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 7 votes
Toph cashregister9 cashregister9 - 0 votes
Gappy cashregister9 cashregister9 - 4 votes

Stan Pines, Pusscat in the Boots, and Gappy will be joining our collection of assist trophies! Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 , Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , cashregister9 cashregister9 , and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #31: Submit a favorite food for Invader Zim or Optimus Prime

You can submit a favorite food for Invader Zim, Optimus Prime, or both of them. Make sure to explain what the food is and why it should be chosen. Only one favorite food can be chosen for each of them!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just FYI, Gappy is a fan nickname for the character and so in the first post you should probably use their official name which is Josuke
Yes you should do this, I just used the nickname in case anyone submitted Part 4 Josuke,

Job #31: Submit a favorite food for Invader Zim or Optimus Prime

Zim: Bloaty's Pizza

Optimus: Space Carrots

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Favorite food item submissions are now over! Zim’s favorite food will be Bloaty’s Pizza and Optimus Prime’s favorite food will be Space Carrots, congratulations to cashregister9 cashregister9 !

Job #32: Submit a newcomer from a web animation series (submission by Glubbfubb Glubbfubb )
Characters from web series are allowed as long as they or their series isn't derivative of a copyrighted work. (Homestar Runner, Battle for Dream Island, and RWBY would be allowed, SMG4 would not.) Webcomics are not. (Sorry Homestuck fans.)
Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game! Just a reminder, only one character will be joining the roster from this job!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 32

Strong Bad

Strong Bad is the most popular character from the web series Homestar Runner. He sits around all day answering emails on his computer. He also somehow types with boxing gloves on.

Strong bad even has an emote on Smashboards :strongbad: :strongbad: :strongbad:

Job 32
Tankman (Newgrounds' TANKMEN)

Tankman is NewGrounds Mascot and he comes from animated series called: "TANKMAN".
He was created by Andrew J. Brozyna and reestablished by JohnnyUtah. He is a soldier, who lives on Post-Apocalyptic Desert Military Area and makes jokes and his stuff that they can be Toned Down for Kids Game.

The Inclusion of Tankman is because of his popularity on Newgrounds and FNF itself. He is not from videogame and He definitely can join the Cartoon Roster. He even has moveset potential that he borrows his moves from NG rumble like shooting from his Rifle, TANKMEN series where stabs a knife at enemy and other stuff based about Tankman himself. Newgrounds Flash representation would be cool for Animated Smash Bros. Roster.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #32: Charlie the Unicorn
A420D4A5-421B-45F8-95DA-6281DCE256A5.png

Charlie the Unicorn is a web animation series by FilmCow that involves a unicorn named Charlie, who is forced to go on random adventures against his will. with blue and pink unicorns. Unfortunately for Charlie, these adventures always leads towards disaster and a music number. The first episode was released back in 2005 on Newgrounds and was later released on YouTube in 2008. Charlie the Unicorn became a viral hit on YouTube, spawning tons of sequels and spin-offs. For a moveset, Charlie could use different items and powers throughout the series. Charlie could even use Starfish for some of his attacks. Charlie’s final smash could involve fighters being pulled into a cutscene involving one of his adventures, they would take damage and be knocked back into the air.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Hey quick question. Can I submit Meggy? I’m just curious because of her Origins, and the fact that she got an original series in the form of Sunset Paradise. Thanks in advance.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Cool thanks. So I guess I will be pulling a Helga and going with someone else from Sunset Paradise who has no Nintendo connections:
AD30EE79-B715-453A-9C7B-9F4AF38069E5.jpeg

Funky Fource, from Sunset Paradise. If Meggy ain’t viable, then I might as well go for the Robots with really good voice acting. Why am I not just using Tari? Because, I don’t feel like doing another redesign for another Character who just doesn’t work in 2D, and I actually liked Sunset Paradise lol. Funky Fource has an interesting cosmetic gimmick, in which whenever they lose a Stock, you swap to a different member to Funky Fource. They have literally the exact same abilities and Playstyle so it works. This makes colors a mess so I won't even bother. They're a fast Middle Weight Character with tons of Stage Control, but pretty weak recovery. You also get members disabled temporarily in terms of fighters. I won't go further, but I really wanted to submit a Glitch Character so this is my best choice. Their Stand is all the same, with Chocolate Disco. They create a Trap Grid around them that activates three times across the 15 Seconds Stands last. As for food, Funky Fource have an Egg. There's literally nothing else here, so I'm just going to reference Benedict lol. Their Transformation is a Goonie. They're strong, and you're able to use the other members in the Goonie State, but you can't jump lol.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Stong bad
Charlie
Tank man
(Ps I'm surprised no one submitted a character from the Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss universe considering how popular those are, the reason I didnt choose them was because I wanted string bad but they beat me to it)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for character submissions are now over!

Strong Bad cashregister9 cashregister9 - 12 votes
Tankman Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 6 votes
Charlie the Unicorn evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 3 votes
Funky Fource JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 3 votes

Strong Bad will be joining our roster! Congratulations to cashregister9 cashregister9 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #33: Submit a moveset for Invader Zim or Optimus Prime

The only requirements are to have both specials and a final smash. You can also add a little extra detail for their moveset if you like (only optional). You can submit a moveset for one or both of them. If anyone wishes to see an example, you can look at our past movesets linked in the first post of the thread.

Top Bottom