• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing Human?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
One major downside to the human player is that... well, what do you call him/her? Animal Crosser? Human Crosser? Mii Crosser? Also, how will their face look? There's nothing they can do that Tom Nook cannot.
"Villager" always seemed like the best option to me. However, I also agree on the Tom Nook thing, if it gets a representative.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tom Nook can't very well be in his own stage and fighting at the same time though. I agree however that if there was to be a AC rep it should be him.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Tom Nook can't very well be in his own stage and fighting at the same time though. I agree however that if there was to be a AC rep it should be him.
Lemme debunk this really quick.

A) They can just write a program for the case that if Tom Nook is fighting, he won't appear in the background. He doesn't seem to have any major roles (like K.K. or that owl from the coffee shop) so it shouldn't be a problem.

B) If Mario can fight against Mario versus Mario opposite a fourth Mario... we can have two Tom Nooks onscreen at once.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Nook would be so Broken.....That is all

and They may do it the way Mortal Kombat does it with the Shao Kahn effect

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I had a wild idea at work today. It seems really farfetched, but it is possible...

What if Tom Nook AND the Animal Crossing Villager could be playable? Animal Crossing is a good enough series for two characters.

It isn't likely, I know, but not impossible.

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
It's definately popular in Japan. I, being a loyal fan of the animal crossing franchise since 2000, Will exchange one of my eyeballs to see an human Animal Crossing character as a playable character. For everyone who says Animal Crossing isn't good, pick up your gamecube controller (or DS, whichever pleases your fancy) and play for a good hour or so. You'd have so many fun things to do, you won't be able to stop playing. :)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Lemme debunk this really quick.

A) They can just write a program for the case that if Tom Nook is fighting, he won't appear in the background. He doesn't seem to have any major roles (like K.K. or that owl from the coffee shop) so it shouldn't be a problem.

B) If Mario can fight against Mario versus Mario opposite a fourth Mario... we can have two Tom Nooks onscreen at once.
Doesn't answer the question of why put him in the background to begin with.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't answer the question of why put him in the background to begin with.
Simple. The fight is supposed to be with the residents of Animal Crossing watching the fight. Tom Nook is one of the residents, therefore he would be watching the fight. Since it's an AC spectator crowd, Tom would be in the crowd if he wasn't in the fight.

The only reason the others haven't shown up in stage backgrounds is because there really hasn't been any way or reason (in Melee) to do that sort of action in the back. After all, you cannot have TOO big a show going on in the back when you're supposed to be fighting.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think the most suitable Animal Crossing charS for this game are the Smash Bros.
Yeah! Those three Power Rangers like chars. I think they are cool and they could work as a team as the pokemons of the Pokemon Trainer.

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
I say the chances of it being true are...60% But how the **** would you use a fishing rod as a weapon O_o? Tether recovery? I doubt it...
is a fishing rod really that far-fetched? Lucas uses a snake for his tether recoveries lol

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
it's going to be a gyroid.
some other kinda random possibilities to go along with gyroid...

on the train there is a character in the Gamecube animal crossing who is kinda interesting... has anyone considered him as a playable character? Name is Rover and he is a blue cat

or
Gracie the crazy fashion giraffe could ride her car like wario rides his bike.. maybe some fashion-based attacks (scarf whip and scarf used for tether?)

or how about Joan the Sow? She sells turnips..(weapons), has big horns for ramming.. i can see a possible move set

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I guess you're right. I still can't really see it happening though- every Animal Crossing character has arms and legs that are far too stumpy for fighting.

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I guess you're right. I still can't really see it happening though- every Animal Crossing character has arms and legs that are far too stumpy for fighting.

LOL wut?

That's not going to stop them from making a character. If you haven't noticed, anything can happen in this game. :p

A generic human character makes sense, as it's generic.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
As far as generic goes, I think the Mii would be more suited to that title.
If AC has its rep, it'll have to be the humans, because Nook is already in the Smashville background.
They shouldn't be too generic, it could wield any of the tools from the game, and they would have an infinite number of alt costumes ;-)

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Say that to my Animal Crosser's work out room. D:

There are many exercise tools that they could use... Like the boxing combo for AAA... Best ALT costume would be gender changing.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Animal Crossing character would be fun, with Axe, Fishing Pole, Shovle etc.
But the character doesn't seem like a fighter at all....

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
This looks too well written to be false.
We have been getting supposed confirmation of characters from interviews like this.

Mii and AC are two very simple titles.
Don't doubt an appearance because of the simplicity of the character.

courte

Smash Lord
what exactly is the animosity between gamefaqs and smashboards

also more characters for brawl!! <--from one of the most positive smash players ever NESS 4 BRAWL!!

-------------------from nintendooedia------------------------------------------------------
Other characters

While the multiple characters listed here have been confirmed, many have yet to be, though have been announced by developers.

An Animal Crossing character has been announced by the creator of the series through an interview (probably Ai from the Japanese-only A.C. movie). According to him, the character will use many of the items that are found in the game. Krystal will, as revealed by the voice actor, be in the game. Whether or not she is playable is unknown at this time. Sheik and Ganondorf are also apparently in the game according to the current Zelda series director. Luigi was let slip in an interview with a Nintendo staff member at E for All. Jigglypuff was slipped out by David Hayter, voice of Solid Snake. Finally, Captain Falcon might return since his character symbol has appeared on the official website.

A debate currently going on throughout the internet is whether or not Ness will be returning. It can be concluded through the website that Lucas might actually replace him, though this hasn't exactly been confirmed.

Rodent23

Smash Cadet
He says the trees will be decorated at christmas... but didn't they stop using religious/real holidays in Wild World?
Yeah, they did. In WW they had the Bright Nights festival in December or January I think, which was when everyone put up Christmas lights on their houses. That observation pretty well debunked the rumour. Good job. :)

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how the "Warning: Challenger Arriving" will work this time around. Will they still do that silouette of a character or will the character just pop out of nowhere and enter the match once you beat the boss of classic and adventure and whatever mode they have.

I'm still hoping Tom Nook makes it in, but if not, I hope the AC character is Ai from the Animal Crossing movie. We need more girls in Brawl and she'd be cool to play as. I still wonder how the functions of a peaceful town person will work in Brawl but that adds more to the hype and suspense of how this character works. ;)

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Someone pointed this out to me...Just thought I'd spread the word...

Only SLIGHTLY suspicious, right? Anyone think it's a hint?

Let the speculation commence.
APPARENTLY.
Some buffs believe it is Mario and just Mario.

Alloy in real life is the combining of 2 metals to make another substantially different one.

Why does nobody consider that?

The AC Human is awesome!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm sort of a supporter for AC Guy (as I christened him/her)

Due to Smash Bros fans looking so deeply into the updates, yes, everyone thinks the Yellow Allow looks like AC Guy... and I made this "leak" for a bit of a laugh. Enjoy! ;)

9/01/2008
Animal Crossing Guy: Special Moves

This is dangerous. It's a little risky. How can Animal Crossing Guy have special moves you say? Well now you're going to find out. Gee! This is exciting!

Standard Special Move: Golden Slingshot

[screen]
You can charge up the Slingshot...

[screen]
BAM! It hits the enemy!

[screen]
Hmm... isn't this weapon a little familiar?

This will be controlled similarly to Link's Bow and Arrow, which is handy! It means Animal Crossing guy has a powerful projectile!

[screen]
Is he... shooting a bomb!?

Side Special Move: Golden Axe

[screen]
You... you can't be serious! It's HUGE!

[screen]
He took a big swing... OUCH! That's got to sting!

I guess he's aptly prepared for battle afterall! That's just great!

Down Special Move: Golden Watering Can

This one took a lot of thought, we hope you'll have fun with it!

[screen]
Hmm... he's sprinkling the ground around him!

[screen]
What the... it's GLOWING!

[screen]
Ah! What's happened to their heads?

Anyone who walks over this glowing patch of land will get a flower growing on their head! It's the same effect as the Lip's Stick item. (is it OK to mention that now?) Keep in mind the ground's and flower's effects will wear off after a short while.

Up until now this draining status effect has only been gotten from items, so use it well! Oh! But where is his Up Special Move? Hmm... it's rather spectacular indeed, but you'll have to wait for the game I'm afraid.
Again, just for a bit of a laugh, though I do think those attacks could actually work.

Infact, I came up with a great idea. Brawl's WTF character = AC Guy. Since AC Guy has no default name, he would be named... (wait for it) "Sakurai"

Yep, the ultimate WTF character.

My only regret is that the users who don't come on this thread won't notice my theory, but ah well XD if he's not in it, he's not in it.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Ahh, wouldn't that be the greatest?
I can't believe I used to hate the idea of this guy in Brawl.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I'm sort of a supporter for AC Guy (as I christened him/her)

Due to Smash Bros fans looking so deeply into the updates, yes, everyone thinks the Yellow Allow looks like AC Guy... and I made this "leak" for a bit of a laugh. Enjoy! ;)

Again, just for a bit of a laugh, though I do think those attacks could actually work.

Infact, I came up with a great idea. Brawl's WTF character = AC Guy. Since AC Guy has no default name, he would be named... (wait for it) "Sakurai"

Yep, the ultimate WTF character.

My only regret is that the users who don't come on this thread won't notice my theory, but ah well XD if he's not in it, he's not in it.
Nope.

The next WTF character is Tom Nook.
LOL

CaptainUlt

Smash Rookie
I'm on the fence about this. Ever since CoroCoro let me down, I'm on the fence about magazine comfirmations. Then again, Sakurai is on the Famitsu staff...

Anyway, the only AC reps are AC Crosser and probably Tom Nook. I support AC Crosser now, but I would prefer Mr. Resetti over both of them..... too bad he's a AT. :urg:

Zsy

Smash Rookie
If there is an Animal Crossing Character it's gonna be my main.

Here's my opinions on the alloys:
Red Alloy: Captain Falcon Skeleton/Ganon Skeleton
Blue Alloy: Obviously a Zamus skeleton
Yellow Alloy: Lucas Ice Climber or Animal Crossing Character skeleton
Green Alloy: Kirby/Jigglypuff skeleton

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well actually I believe another thread compared the way the alloys moved and deduced

Red = Captain Falcon
Blue = Peach
Yellow = Mario
Green = Kirby

I certainly wasn't expecting this update today, but hell, it was loads better than the update I made up! :laugh: don't get me wrong I'm still an AC Guy/Tom Nook supporter, but Olimar! Whoo!

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
As a desighn for AC Guy has been sent, I just have to hope Sakurai excepts a character that dosen't really fight. (I think that's a rumor I don't know. <.<)

Red= Captain Falcon
Blue= ZELDA!
Yellow= Mario
Green= Kirby

Anyway I support AC guy a lot. :D

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
As a desighn for AC Guy has been sent, I just have to hope Sakurai excepts a character that dosen't really fight. (I think that's a rumor I don't know. <.<)

Red= Captain Falcon
Blue= ZELDA!
Yellow= Mario
Green= Kirby

Anyway I support AC guy a lot. :D
Does Peach fight that much?

Oh, and the blue alloy is Peach.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah I started to believe that very much after a while. The similarity is too much to be coincidence.

However, his character model and the way it moves is based on Mario.

Top Bottom