• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Andross for Brawl! Starfox needs a cool enemy

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, I'm just going to post an incomplete, preliminary version of my moveset as it probably won't be finished for awhile (I tend to procrastinate a lot...).

Wolf O’ Donnell, leader of the Star Wolf squadron.

Picture:

Rough Estimation of Stats:
Size: 3/5
Weight: 3/5
Jump: 3/5
Power: 4/5
Speed: 4/5

In the most recent, relative entry for the Star Fox franchise, Star Fox: Assault, Wolf comes in at age 28 and is as he is in the above picture (except Smashified, of course). He is decently tall, but not a giant in the least. In his relative universe, he’s slightly taller than Fox. I give him a 3/5 on his weight because though he isn’t packed down with muscles or huge like Bowser, he is somewhat of an athlete and does have an amount of muscle to him. Not to mention he carries a variety of weapons. His jump is average, nothing special to it at all, really. In Star Fox: Assault’s multiplayer mode you could play as Wolf. Fox is the second fastest character in Melee. He is also the second fastest character in Assault’s multiplayer, only to be beaten by Wolf. The reason I don’t give him a 5/5 on speed is to balance his power and other stats. If he is going to pack a punch he’s going to be weighed down by weapons and what have you.

This move set guide will contain a small amount of technical stats such as knock back, lag, animations, etc. but nothing major.

~Ground Attacks~
A Moves

-Neutral A: A quick, high punch to the face. Minimal lag but ridiculously low knock back.

-Neutral AA: SHOOTS OUT A GIANT LASER THAT MAKES J00R FACE ESPLODE, but not really. He follows his punch with a retracting elbow.

-Neutral AAA: Wolf continues with the momentum of his elbow strike and swings his body around, lifting his right leg up as he does so, and drop kicking the opponent. There is a noticeable startup time for the third attack and it has little knock back, but it does bounce the opponent off the ground and into the air. Could potentially be used as a pseudo-spike.

-Dash Attack: While dashing if you hit A, Wolf will pull out his blaster and pistol whip the opponent. It has a decent amount of stun to it if it lands, but is very punishable if shielded. If missed Wolf will swing at the air and stumble as he connects with nothing, he will then quickly re-holster his weapon.

-Forward Tilt: Wolf draws a hunter’s knife from his hip sheath and slashes horizontally in front of him. If timed correctly this attack can be repeated with little lag between slashes. When the attack ends he re-sheathes his blade, so there is a slight amount of lag. This attack has decent knock back. Decent being located between medium and low.

-Upward Tilt: Wolf slides his left leg forward along the ground and shoots his heel and boot straight upward, bending his body back and bracing his arms against the floor as he does the attack. The attack hits a little bit in front of him, nothing phenomenal, and slightly above him. Excellent for propping opponents up into the air. It has a relatively short start up time but the wind down takes a little bit longer. This attack has medium to high knock back, depending on the enemy’s weight and percent.

-Down Tilt: Simply put, Wolf crouches to the ground and thrusts his right leg forward, along the ground. Weak knock back, relatively quick start up time, but ridiculously long wind down time for a tilt. Though, if contact is made it deals a decent percentage for a tilt and props the enemy up at higher percents.

-Forward Smash: Wolf props himself up on his left leg and draws his right leg in. Upon releasing the smash he throws his right leg out with ridiculous force straight forward. The start up time on this attack is pretty poor, enemies can see it coming. However, the wind down time isn’t as awful as one would think Somewhere between a Fox’s forward smash and a Captain Falcon’s forward smash. The range is about average, nothing too fantastic or ****able. However, the knock back is ridiculously high. This puppy will send you across the stage at lower percents than you’d like.

-Upward Smash: Wolf flips himself around, supporting himself palms down on the ground. He then draws both legs back and shoots them into the air, hyper extending them slightly for more range (sort of how Mario expands any body part at his will >.>). The lag on the opening animation is slightly below average. Nothing ridiculous like Mr. Game and Watch’s. Something faster, something slower than Fox’s or Dr. Mario’s up smash, something like Jigglypuff’s. The hit box on this attack covers a ridiculously small width. The hit box contains the entirety of both legs, so it can hit someone on the side of the leg, not just the boots. The knock back for this attack will devastate floaties and knock people pretty far at higher percents, as well as doing some good damage. The wind down time isn’t too bad.

-Down Smash: Probably his quickest smash, Wolf pulls his hunting knife from its sheath and plunges it into the ground to use as a sort of handle. He then grasps the hilt of the weapon and spins around, feet extended. After this he then pulls himself up and re-sheaths his knife. It may sound like the animation would dub it a laggy attack, but it isn’t. The act of stabbing the knife in the ground itself can hurt someone, even potentially stun them until the rest of the attack rolls around. The wind down time is small and the knock back is medium. Though, because you are swinging on the handle of the knife, you are slightly above the ground, so good luck trying to hit someone on the edge with this attack unless you hit with the knife.

~Ground Attacks~
B Moves

Well, that's all I got right now. Like I said, it's pretty rough still.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The problem with Wolf as an enemy for Fox is that he isn't all that bad. If you played Assault to the end he became your ally. Andross, like Bowser and Ganondorf, has always been evil and the MAIN enemy of the StarFox series. I don't really like the idea of Andross in Brawl, but he fits the 'villian' criteria better than Wolf.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
There's a difference between villian and rival. Also, there have been circumstances (not necessarily in the Mario or Zelda universes) where villians have allied themselves with the heroes. That doesn't make them any less villian-y.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yes, I have played it, though I remind very, very little about it. Pardon me for not being able to conjuer up that example at that time.

Is no one going to comment on my moveset so far? Do you guys think I'm on the right path or no?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
You know, I have to agree with Bowserlick on this one. I think Andross would be the better choice for Brawl, instead of Wolf. Why? In my opinion, Wolf has a great chance of turning out as a clone. Plus, he is just a gray version of Fox to me...I really don't get why people favor the characters like Wolf, Dark Samus, and Dark Link, when they're just basically the same as the original. Maybe their attacks differ a little, but they're too closely related in appearance. It's just like Dr. Mario, or Pichu, or Young Link. Now Andross is a completely different character from everyone else, and would be very unique for the game. There would be no other characters like him, making him a character to be played a different way from the other characters. To me it's funny how most of you guys don't want, or think Andross will be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl just because you don't like him. I could care a less if I like a character or not. As long as I think they would fit well in the game, that's all that matters. Wolf doesn't seem like he would fit well in the game. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Wolf in the game, but Andross comes first. I think Andross is one of those characters that would help bring more variety to the game. I think Wolf is one of those characters that would help take it away. I know Wolf could be completely different from Fox, but he won't be. If they come up with a move set that is cool and different from Fox's and Falco's, than I'm fine with him, but I think if they choose to only add one character from the Star Fox series, it should be Andross. Another reason why I like the idea of Andross being in over Wolf, is because he is the main villain, and Wolf isn't. Wolf is a rival that is very similar to Fox, and Andross is a very unique villain. I'm hoping we'll see the main villain from every franchise. For instance, I'm hoping we'll see Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo again, but I'm also hoping they'll add characters like King K. Rool, Ridley, King DeDeDe, and Andross.

P.S.: The people working on the game have already stated they will not be adding characters based on popularity, but on how well they fit in the game. Hence why Pit was added. So you can give up on saying, "Well, Wolf will be in because he's very popular, and Andross isn't." I think Andross kills Wolf in the category of characters that fit well in the game, and that's the only category that matters.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... Andross. Has he ever been seen as his normal self? What would he look like? Oikonny from Assault? But with his face?

Idk. The Wolf over Andross deal makes sense: Wolf is Fox's rival though, not a true villan like Andross. I'd like to see Wolf, but when it comes down to this argument, IMO Andross would fit the slot better.

Ohh, and in the end of Assault, Wolf helps Fox so Fox isn't killed: this way Wolf can kill him later in some dogfight of theirs.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Perhaps Andross will be revealed on the updated website in 5 days. I have a hunch he will.

Blazer

Smash Ace
*has a heart attack at this topic being revived* Andross cannot be in Brawl. He doesn't even have a body! They are not going to put that much effort into characters that they pretty well make a full on original character.

D

Deleted member

Andross really wouldn't work with 'Brawl. He's too big. The problem is that he needs to be big in his games to be Andross, so by downscaling him you lose what is the main feature of his character. Not to mention he's just a friggin' floating head and hands.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well, he is the size of a small moon. But remember he was average size once upon a time. He has been shown briefly in this state in Command. I think his character can still be captured.

The detail in the "normal" Andross form would just have to be concentrated in his head and hands to give him that effect. Make him wear large metal gloves to enlarge his hands. He still can use his metal blocks along with other spicey scientific devices.

He is the main villain of Star Fox. He is the Bowser to Mario and the Gannondorf to Link. Plus he is UNIQUE. I just think that if Sakurai looks at his options (a pre-giant head and hands scientist) or (a dark shaded Fox who is slightly taller and weighs a few pounds more) I think that he, being the creative man he is, will go for Andross.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Bowserlick, you officially have my respect. You supported a character you wanted for brawl no matter how much the simple minded morons flamed you while also keeping your cool in the face of personal insults. You even turned me into an Andross supporter. The idea of Andross's moveset being based on traps and out thinking the opponent is brilliant. If there was an Andross for brawl sig I would use it with pride. I SUPPORT ANDROSS AND I'M PROUD **** IT!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Numa dude do u just want lame and no chance characters in rbawl or what? I mean andross, happy mask salesman, skull kid (tough hes awesome, hes doent have much of a chance)...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
No I want crazy unique characters the most. Thats what smash is about random insane fun. The reason I want characters like Andross, HMS, Rudy and Skull Kid is because they are unique characters that could have an original moveset. Skull Kid does have a chance you are just blinded by your love of Midna but lets not talk about that here.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Look im just realistic:

Andross has no body, is uber huge (like what 20 times bigger than an arwing?) and aint popular, he COULD have a body, but that pic of him with his body whole is like a cameo, and if were gonna add a character just because of a cameo appearance, then Cloud has as much of a shot as sonic...

Skull kid would have been uber perfect for melee, u know he was on the last LoZ game that was released b4 melee, yet he wasnt in, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE BE IN BRAWL NOW?! now that he has become unimportant, lacked a big role in TP (had NO role in WW), and lost fanbase? Look he was the main enemy in MM (not really it was the mask, not him) and melee came out what 1-2 years l8r? who would have been perfect for melee, but wasnt added, now why would he be added now, almost 10 years l8r?

Midna has a higher chance, being far more popular than skull kid has ever been, the quite possibly the BIGGEST role in TP, has the biggest role among guide characters, actually fought in a game, and has powers perfect for smash, also zant has a good chance, higher than skull kids, but midna is 1st...

I wont even comment on Rudy the clown...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Knowing u its gotta be something lame or something...

Anyway u say u want uniqe characters? what not unique about midna, a floating impish character with shadow magic that can teleport, create a shadow field, can hide in a shadow, and has the power to transform her HAIR into and giant hand a spike-like attacks...

And dont get me started when she uses the fused shadows and becomes the twilit spider...

Andros can be unique, I give u that, but I just cant c it happening...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Look at what you said about Skull Kid then look at the reasons you think Midna will be in brawl. See how you ****ed yourself? I highly doubt you do. How many times must I say I have nothing against Midna? I think she has low chances of being in brawl and your crappy reasons why don't change that. Lets stop talking about that here okay. Oh and you probably will be more liked and less hated on here if you stop acting like an arrogant ******* and start listening to peoples opinions and stop *****ing when someone disagrees with you. If it wasn't for Dylan you would be the biggest ***** on here.

Stryks

Smash Hero
So... Im hated for being realistic? wtf?
And how exaclty did I ****ed myself?? I said skull has less of a chance, hasnt had a major role in years, and aint as popular as b4, while midna does have a good shot, has the biggest role in TP and is incredibly popular...

I give crappy reasons? those are the most obvious reasons, what are ur reasons on why u think midna wont be in brawl? hell u havent even played the game yet...

I only flame thus who arent being realistic, I mean sheik having a shot in brawl (she has one but very veyr low), dark samus being a clone, megaman being a clone, knuckles being in brawl, skull kid being in andnot midna, HMS havin a shot, those that dod know what theyre talkin about, I rarely flame them, cause they know what theyre saying, hell I respect bowserlick for defending andross so much, yet I still think andross has about no chance...

Ok numa dude if u wanna keep talking about skull kid/midna lets talk in da zelda thread :p

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Your hated for *****ing about peoples opinions. The point where you **** yourself is when you say MM was the most recent Zelda game before melee. You probably still don't see what I'm saying. You know what Stryks, make a list of all the reasons you think Midna has a good chance on the total Zelda character thread and I will own you there but lets stop this here. Not everyone has the same opinion as you do. Some people think DS will be a clone and all of that stuff you said that doesn't make them wrong or stupid like your posts make it seem. Also saying you don't flame people that "Know what there talking about" is a complete lie. You flame and ***** EVERYTIME someone disagrees with you.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
All in all i wont care if Andross made it but if he made it and Wolf didnt... well then my friends and i would go to NY take a 22 hour plane ride to japan (playing 8 player mario kart DS all the way there of corse) take a taxi to the nintendo publishing company go down the street where the smash building is go in and slap whoever put the chars in then take a plane back to NY again playing our DS and go home and play brawl satisfied with what we have done

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
I would be fine with Andross. I would preffer Wolf (heck, even Pigma) to him, but I have nothing against him.

He could be a floaty character (like Mewtwo) but also a large and powerful character (like Bowser).

I'd say... Andross for SSB4!

Shuma

Smash Hero
My First Reaction to seeing Andross in the Game would be "WTF", Seeing Wold in the game would be a "Cool" I get to play with a Machine gun weilding evil star wolf.

Also why would a cientist be in a Fighting game? This games needs more villains, but Andross doesn't fit in a fighting game, Wolf does. Now if Andross appears as a final boss in Fox's Story mod i don't care. I do have something against Andross... he is a head. I mean we could already say he is in the game, Master Hand and Crazy hand, let's just say we can't see his ugly monkey face.

Now you could bring points like "Yes Omg let's have Shadow link or Dark Samus lololol" Well you know what, No. Those games have a good End game boss, unless you think that Ganondorf/Bowser/Ridley Heck even Mother Brain would be better, at least she/he/it had a body in Super Metroid.

I mean, let's think about it, Andross appears in the game, Fine, Andross apears in the game and wold doesn't, NOT GOOD.

Evolver

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been suggested but I think Adross is more suited to be a level (imagine a fight between Arwings and Andross.... and the Platforms are the different spaceships) Wolf and Krystal are in my opinion better suited brawl chars.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Andross would make a great appearance in a space level, throwing blocks and fighting off Arwings in the background.

I just think the main Starfox villain (and one of the most creative appearing villains in any game) deserves to be a character.

Krystal and Wolf are more feasible, sure they already have a body. But I bet it would be easier to make an original moveset with Andross then making an original moveset with Wolf.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I know you can. I even wrote up a moveset here and there where he uses a mechanical drill claw. But I bet it would just be easier to make an original moveset with Andross because he brings more new ideas to the table then Wolf.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Andross doesn't stand a chance, getting in a Smash Brother game it's almost a popularity contest, and Andross isn't popular and everyone hates him, You sayd so in the name of this thread, Star Fox needs a cool enemy, Andross isn't cool, Wolf is.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Andross has no chance. He is a head and hands. He is unpopular. He has no moveset easily layed out in front of him (YES WOLF DOES IN FACT HAVE A FEW!!!). He is a main villian yes but one that appears in many forms all bodyless. Andross has no chance whatsoever.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Dark Samus is the main enemy in the Metroid Prime series. And barely anyone suggests Dark Link...

Andross is fine, he could be a large floaty character with more than 5 jumps, but with slow attacks.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I hate Dark Samus, stealing Ridley's Job. and as far as i know Dark Samus is jut an Extra in the second game(in the first the villain was Ridley) in Echoes the villain is some "ing emperor" or something like that, and in Metroid Prime 3 Ridley will return so i don't think Dark Samus is the villain.

And The only problem with Andross is that everybody hates him, ask anyone if they whant Andross in the game, no one whants him.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Just so u know:

Metroid prime was the main enemy in uh Metroid prime, who at the end steals the phazon suit and thus becomes dark samus: main enemy dark samus/metroid prime

Metroid prime 2 dark samus is revealed fully and is an obstacle u have to beat many times, true the ings are the main enemies, so gotta go with the ings: main enemys The ing

metroid prime 3 dark samus spreads phazon seeds to many planets, thus corrupting him, tough ridley returns, seeing how phazon will have the bigegst role than in any other game, dark samus is indeed the main viallin: winner dark samus

sorry for off topic :p

Shuma

Smash Hero
Before the off topicness ends i just whant to point out that although Metroid Prime was the end game boss i don't think he is the "villain" the plot in MP is that the Space Pirates are doing research with Phazon and Metroids, thus creating Metroid Prime the villains are the Space Pirates and theyr leader is Ridley thus the villain is ridley.

I haven't read enough about MP3, but until the game comes out we can't be sure if Dark Samus is the main Villain or just there to be an Obstacle again.

But after all, Ridley would be better than Dark Samus, i mean he has more possibilities and he is Samus's "Rival", if they do add instead of Dark Samus instead of ridley perhaps i wouldn't mind, Dark Samus looks Cool. Still Ridley would be better.

Top Bottom