• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Analysis of Mew2King vs DaShizWiz..

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
I like a great Marth but I <3 a great Falco.
Match 4/5. runningbrave spin.

WatCH iT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJLDGiwUEsc

In the beginning deathgrab. A fortunate escape to lasers, spacing, and laser spacing.
Crouch canceling and a combination of moves, one of said moves is a [Fair].
Fsmash. Reverse laser + edgehog. TricKZ.
The match continues with a variety of great choices..
me · tic · u · lous, fast paced GamePLAy pursOOs..
..(CC Dtilt KO) & (CC Fsmash KO)!
A loss for Shiz and Falco.

My overALL analysis of the wH0Le set is that, well, iT's great. WatCH iT. enJOY iT.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Lol. It's great but I think that marth has an easier time killing falco than falco has against him due to how easy falco get's gimped, cg'd, edgeguarded or comboed not to mention you need less tech skill to combo falco with marth and that no matter how good your DI is you might always get caught by marths range, and I think lasers are not a problem here because m2k seems to handle them well. On the other hand is much harder to kill, combo marth with falco because shine or most combos can be DI'd out of and math can fair/ftilt/jab (very fast start up time attacks) to get out of combos or punishing laser>grab aproaches. Marth grab range makes it scary to appoach with aerials so you need good spacing too ;plus, you have be really tricky (dash dance more often) and think a lot while on a offensive position ; also, never forget to be lasering to prevent him from getting close to you and **** you >_>

GodheadsLamentX

Smash Apprentice
Gotta hand it to Shiz, despite the matchup, none of the matches M2K's marth won were free. I see 2 great but different competitive powerhouses here; The embodiment of what is gimp in melee vs high pressure and careful avoidance of gimp.

I'm certain on a different day or set, the outcome would potentially vary.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
this is a friggin amazing set. Two of the best players overall in the world easily, and imo the best marth player and falco player respectively. Compare this to smash even a year ago and its astounding.

otg

Smash Master
Gotta hand it to Shiz, despite the matchup, none of the matches M2K's marth won were free. I see 2 great but different competitive powerhouses here; The embodiment of what is gimp in melee vs high pressure and careful avoidance of gimp.

Well said, the matches M2K won were very very close, and the matches Shiz took were ****. I think that says a lot, not just about the matchup but Shiz's approach to it. I wonder how he would do had he chose Fox...?

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
Well said, the matches M2K won were very very close, and the matches Shiz took were ****. I think that says a lot, not just about the matchup but Shiz's approach to it. I wonder how he would do had he chose Fox...?

yea that might have been interesting. Considering that fox has a much easier time on a basic kill move comparison against marth than falco (usmash /uair) but a harder time controlling him due to a lack of lasers, it's hard to say. Yes, M2K is amazing at working around lasers, but I still think shiz is safer with falco, because just forcing m2k to work his magic around the lasers restricts him enough that I think shiz has much more offensive control with falco that he would with fox. thoughts?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I know this might be johns, but I heard Mew2king wasn't playing very well in that set.

However, that doesn't detract from the fact that Shiz is an amazing player, and probably the best Falco in the world.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
It's blatantly obvious M2K was messing up. Failed chaingrabs, unpunished lasers, missed gimps. Shiz is amazing regardless, but this set just doesn't properly exemplify how screwed Falco is vs Marth. Even then, M2k won the set.

GodheadsLamentX

Smash Apprentice
It's blatantly obvious M2K was messing up. Failed chaingrabs, unpunished lasers, missed gimps. Shiz is amazing regardless, but this set just doesn't properly exemplify how screwed Falco is vs Marth. Even then, M2k won the set.
Could you guys hop off m2k's nuts, please?

All those things could be a result of oh idk.. good DI on shiz's part?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Why don't you hop off shiz's nuts?

If you watch some vids of m2k you'll see that he messed up alot of simple things in the set vs shiz.

I know shiz also wasn't at his peak, because he was nervous and i don't want to talk down his skill, he IS a top player, but atm m2k is THE top player.

And i can only repeat what SpeedAcE said: m2k won the set

PS: <3 u shiz

GodheadsLamentX

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you hop off shiz's nuts?

If you watch some vids of m2k you'll see that he messed up alot of simple things in the set vs shiz.

I know shiz also wasn't at his peak, because he was nervous and i don't want to talk down his skill, he IS a top player, but atm m2k is THE top player.

And i can only repeat what SpeedAcE said: m2k won the set

PS: <3 u shiz
Uh, I didn't say anything about shiz, stupid.

You're still johning for m2k. Doesn't your a.hole hurt enough from riding him all day?

So many noobtastic comments all over this thread.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
You know, the funny part of this is, while you guys are here pretending like you actually know something about what happened, both Shiz and M2K are probably sitting at their computers thinking you guys are a bunch of complete morons for being this stupid in the first place. How's about we don't act like we know something about matters that we're completely ignorant about, mmkay? ^_^

In my opinion, those two are probably the two greatest Smashers this world has ever seen. Shiz is one of the only people I've seen so far to reach that "Mew2King level" that has seemed so impossible to reach. I don't know what he did in the past half a year, but whatever it was, it worked.

It was an amazing set, and both of them deserved to win just as much as the other. I don't hear any johns coming from either of them, so why do a bunch of fanboys with nothing better to do make up excuses for them? That's just embarassing. So why don't you all just shut your mouths and leave it at that? o=

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
You know, the funny part of this is, while you guys are here pretending like you actually know something about what happened, both Shiz and M2K are probably sitting at their computers thinking you guys are a bunch of complete morons for being this stupid in the first place. How's about we don't act like we know something about matters that we're completely ignorant about, mmkay? ^_^

In my opinion, those two are probably the two greatest Smashers this world has ever seen. Shiz is one of the only people I've seen so far to reach that "Mew2King level" that has seemed so impossible to reach. I don't know what he did in the past half a year, but whatever it was, it worked.

It was an amazing set, and both of them deserved to win just as much as the other. I don't hear any johns coming from either of them, so why do a bunch of fanboys with nothing better to do make up excuses for them? That's just embarassing. So why don't you all just shut your mouths and leave it at that? o=
This.
10NoJohns

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
that wasn't epic lol, it was just a mass-mistakes set by both players, more so on my part though. There's nothing to analyze
dont listen to that guy he doesnt know what hes talking about

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Dash attack> SHL > Fsmash. I had to rewind that like 3 or four times. Couldn't believe it.

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
we gotta realize that m2k or dsw playing not too great > pretty much most players playing at their best lol

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Both players didn't play that great, we've seen better from both. However, I don't like how a lot of M2K's posts consists of johns, and its coming from such a great player. Its pretty sad.

Top Bottom