• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Introduction to the Australian Smash Bros. Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hello, I'm Daelor. Just signed up since I want to get more into the competitive side of Smash. I've been watching and following it for around a year now.
Welcome!
Hope to see you at a smash meet or tourny soon.

Hey all new kids!
Don't just watch from afar.
Come along and get stuck in.
Lifes too short, and you might be missing out on a lot of fun.
Go on, get amongst it, at your local smash thingy.

Captain Scar

Smash Rookie
Hi, i live in west of Sydney and i also like to get involved in the Smash community. 2-3 years ago, i came 2nd in the online tournament (Brawl singles and doubles) then stopped because of school.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I live in Sydney. I have been wanting to get into the competitive Smash community for about a year now. I have been playing Smash since Melee, even though I started playing Melee quite late. And I got Brawl not too long after it came out. However I only started playing Brawl seriously about last year and I just recently started playing Melee again. I haven't gone to any tournaments for 2 reasons. First is that it is my final high school year, so I have to study a lot and the other reason is that the Smash scene here in Australia is really small. So I haven't been able to figure out where to start from. When I finish school in a few months (end of October) and when Smash Wii U releases really soon after that, hopefully I will be able to find tournaments more easily.

S.D

Smash Master
The scene is actually larger than you might think, although Sydney's inactivity in recent times may have skewed this. However, i recommend you talk to @CaLibUr_1337 or @ Shaya Shaya to find out more about Sydney Smash. ACL will be held there soon so check that thread out!

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Go on, get amongst it, at your local smash thingy.
I know we are supposed to stay on topic in this thread but I have to give it up to bob for the early 2000s Tassie smash joke, that's gold

Also hi new people, Qld hosts a tourney once a month and there is sometimes there are planned smaller tourneys, but a lot of meets are announced on the day so keep an eye on the Queensland thread

mumbles

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new. I never knew about smash competitive until I saw it at mlg last week. I was watching the starcraft when the smash bros intrigued me and I have to say after watching it I was hooked. Luckily my 10 yr old gamecube wasn't damaged and fired it up. I've been binging smash videos for the last few days, can't get enough :D

I'm in Melbourne and would love to learn how to play.

Last edited:

JemTheScrub101

Smash Cadet
Hello fellow Aussie Smashers, my name is Jem/Jeremy (Cobber). I live in Northern Sydney and have spent the last year or so trying to get into the Competitive Melee scene, and have spent the last 3 or so months training whenever I get the oppurtunity.

Can't wait for ACL in late July!!! (My 1st tournament.)

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow Aussie Smashers, my name is Jem/Jeremy (Cobber). I live in Northern Sydney and have spent the last year or so trying to get into the Competitive Melee scene, and have spent the last 3 or so months training whenever I get the oppurtunity.

Can't wait for ACL in late July!!! (My 1st tournament.)
This is the tournament your talking about right? http://www.aclpro.com.au/_/acl-news/acl-sydney-2014-r314
I most likely won't go because I am too busy with other things but just out of curiosity, when exactly is it. I couldn't seem to find a date on the link I posted. Also how much does it cost to enter?

JemTheScrub101

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's the one, It's a shame you might not end up coming. :ohwell:

Its either 19th - 20th of July (like the website says) or 27th - 28th (which are the dates I was told when it announced).
The venue cost is $40 and each event is $10. (As you can probably tell, i'm not 100% sure about any of this.)

Also, If any knows this incorrect please let me know. Thanks :)

Kyle6Flukey

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flukey
Hey peeps i'm Kyle (Flukey), found out about the pro scene somewhere between Oct-Dec last year and only just started deciding to go to tournaments last month (boy is my face red).
I'm in Melbourne so i'm sure people around the area will see me around (and for those coming to shadowloo).
At the moment i'm a Sheik main, but the woes of chaingrab-less PAL are making me sad so i might be moving to Marth as i am a fan of swords.

Meredy

The Busterina
Hi I'm new. I never knew about smash competitive until I saw it at mlg last week. I was watching the starcraft when the smash bros intrigued me and I have to say after watching it I was hooked. Luckily my 10 yr old gamecube wasn't damaged and fired it up. I've been binging smash videos for the last few days, can't get enough :D

I'm in Melbourne and would love to learn how to play.
I'm in Frankston. If you want you could come down and I could teach you some stuff.

ayek0

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone

I started getting really into Smash Bros. about... a week ago haha but have been playing quite a bit ever since. Really interested in playing with other smashers in Sydney and am looking around for meetups and things (not much luck! :( ). Might give this ACL tournament this weekend a go!

If anyone is in the Sydney area and knows of any meetups, let me know!

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
My name's Tristan, I'm a Perthling. I've been playing Melee and Brawl on and off for years but never competitively. With Smash 4 coming out soon I thought I'd try learning to play competitively. Not to mention that at the moment I only have one or two people I can play against regularly and I'd like to meet more. I'll probably be spending most of the immediate future over at the Perth Smash Thread, but I figured I'd introduce myself here as well.

Basty

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Well I have been here a while (if over 100 posts makes that clear)
I am an Australian Marth/Fox/Sheik main in melee, A Meta Knight and R.O.B. main in Brawl and Meta Knight, Link and Pit
I go by many names such as, Basty, Vasty, Vasty222, I love sakurai21 and THE MOST SEXY child MAN IN THE WORLD
I am a competitive pokemon player to (fight me 1v1 OU only)
I play smash because all other communities hate me nintendo is my favorite company ever and fighting games always gave me a good vibe because it was the only genre i could win at
I am NOT GOING TO TELL YOU MY AGE years old
dont ask 4 my real age or else
I also speedrun multiple kirby games and thats why I play MK, because you know, meta knight is the best video game character ever

Well I have been here a while (if over 100 posts makes that clear) but i may as well properly introduce my self
I am a Tasmanian Marth/Fox/Sheik main in melee, A Meta Knight and R.O.B. main in Brawl and Meta Knight, Link and Pit
I go by many names such as, Basty, Vasty, Vasty222, I love sakurai21 and THE MOST SEXY child MAN IN THE WORLD
I am a competitive pokemon player to (fight me 1v1 OU only)
I play smash because all other communities hate me nintendo is my favorite company ever and fighting games always gave me a good vibe because it was the only genre i could win at
I am NOT GOING TO TELL YOU MY AGE years old
dont ask 4 my real age or else
I also speedrun multiple kirby games and thats why I play MK, because you know, meta knight is the best video game character ever
fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if any of you know me or not. I recently went to the latest BAM and played Brawl Doubles with a particularly amazing Ness player. I've never really been too keen on Smash competitive play in the past, but with Smash 4 on the way I'm incredibly interested in giving it a shot.

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Hello !
I'm a French student, and I might come to Melbourne in a few month(for the "Study and work abroad program", we have to spend a descent amount of time in a foreign country)

I just wanted to say hi the the Australian community, since I'd like to play some melee during my stay :luigimelee:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
The opening page needs a massive overhaul. It's on my bucket list!
Yes! Looking forward to it. I've been meaning to go through and update a lot of old school player's ssbwiki pages too.

Hello !
I'm a French student, and I might come to Melbourne in a few month(for the "Study and work abroad program", we have to spend a descent amount of time in a foreign country)
Be sure to check out the Victoria (state where Melbourne is) thread here.

Splice

Smash Hero
Hello !

I just wanted to say hi the the Australian community, since I'd like to play some melee during my stay :luigimelee:
I'm in Melbourne. Let us know when you find out what suburb you're going to be staying at and hopefully we can find someone close to you.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Hey guys, I took a long break from posting here, but Smash Bros 4 hype brought me back. What's been happening?

Doon

Smash Rookie
what's up guys my name is DOON.

new to the smash scene, just recently watched the doco and man i gotta say this is something I want to be a part of. i consider myself a bit of a bad boy but i'm looking forward to smellin you later sometime soon!

Midnight Stallion

Banned via Warnings
Wow... i encourage my buddy to sign up to smashboards and introduce himself to the scene and he gets banned for no reason.
Ridiculous.
#FreeDoon

Splice

Smash Hero
There are so many **** mods, I think it's ******** how you can't even see who infracted/banned the post
Trying to kill the Australian scene
Demod this person for sure

Meredy

The Busterina
#FreeDoon. Seriously, come on staff. I was a moderator for a huge forum for over 8 months, and this would've gotten me fired IMMEDIATELY.

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
rip DOON I never knew you, but in my heart I think we all knew you a little.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh dear. Mytus needs to stop with these alts.
So does J-Birds.

Thanks for making me realise the errors of my ways for banning them for a post rather than doing it from their profile :>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom