• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
Oh no no no no

I meant the Lucario, Jigglypuff reveal from the trailer lol

The roster I am unsure of...my source has yet to reveal the full one to me out of fear that if they do they'd be discovered but I have been trying

My personal belief is that its too small
Can you ask your source about this roster? I don't expect that you or your source would be willing to confirm a solid number; but if the roster is more than 35 characters, he probably wouldn't get in trouble for saying so.

Please? :grin:

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
If this, hopefully, turns out to be fake, then I think this should tell us we should pay more attention to how much attention Sakurai has paid to SSE. Perhaps the Aincient Minister would be playable? Frankly, if this roster had contained him instead of R.O.B. - who has LOTS of reasons why he shouldn't be playable - I'd be more likely to believe it.

Again, though, this is a nightmare roster. It's underwhelming, disappointing and.... Exactly what Melee seemed like at first. Frankly, I'm worried. This isn't the roster of a game I'm going to line up at midnight to get. Brawl, so far, sounds like an instant classic. This roster? It just doesn't keep up the kind of by-the-fans feel that Brawl has had thus far.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Pessimism. ;)

Basically, MarkMan and/or Reno are reputable posters on the NeoGAF forums, and one or the other has leaked information about Tekken 5 or something in the past. Whatever it was, it amounts to a big deal and the fact that they have leaked substantial information before. So I guess you could chalk it up to "reputation."

But as I said, I've become increasingly pessimistic about this whole debacle, and seeing such a small roster (by my hopes) that excludes EVERY character that I was hoping for (including the one I wanted above all others, Claus) just puts me over the edge a little. :ohwell:

(See above.)
Eh. Nintendo said there was an insane amount of characters. 35 isn't insane. And there has been three delays. Tekken is owned my Namco? I think. This is Nintendo. I don't think that kind of precedence can be accepted.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Could someone kindly leave a link of this list? It isn't shown anywhere... -_-

Is this the Serebii Serebii? As in the Pokemon website? :confused: What would they know?

P.S Please don't flame this NooB in case something I said seems increidable foolish :ohwell:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

Here is the roster.

spindash

Smash Ace
He wouldn't, because it's ****ing stupid, and anyone who believes it is going to feel like a first-class moron pretty soon.

Quote. Me. On. That.
I'd quote you on that a 1,000 times over.

So quoted for truth. I find it ridiculous. We've seen WTF, but R.O.B. never merits a spot in Brawl as a playable character. My anticipation falls upon Krystal, or any other character that's NOT on that list of 35 to debunk the roster.

But I lean towards this being false. Horridly false, even with some of the scary assumptions being right.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
First we don't know if it IS true..

Second.. be happy what you get. First we wouldn't got a new Smash..

Third.. there are plenty of characters who are in. You liked =/. And now you hear the full roster you are pissed off. Please get a life people....

I am happy with everything. I am happy with the Stage builder.. with everything...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd quote you on that a 1,000 times over.

So quoted for truth. I find it ridiculous. We've seen WTF, but R.O.B. never merits a spot in Brawl as a playable character. My anticipation falls upon Krystal, or any other character that's NOT on that list of 35 to debunk the roster.

But I lean towards this being false. Horridly false, even with some of the scary assumptions being right.
What has Krystal done for Nintendo more than ROB?

Name 1 thing

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im about to go to sleep but I will say one think. . . .I hope to DEAR GODDESS that they used a different R.O.B model than the SSE ones. I mean. . .make his arms do something other than grab things like a pincher! Hell, make a Johnny 5 Rip off!

Oh, and lets cheer up. . . .it's MLK day.:grin:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ROB is not my contention with this roster. ROB's pure Sakurai WTF, actually. He's also the Moai of Nintendo.

It's the 35 character limit. That size of roster sucks, and we only had ourselves to blame! We HATED clones! We could've had a bigger, kickier roster if Brawl had clones! Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Mewtwo, Black Shadow, Bowser Jr maybe even fit Krystal in there... But NO! We hated clones and ruined Brawl for everyone! Some liked Roy! Some liked Mewtwo! Some liked Dr. Mario! We could've had a roster of Fourty or so, but we didn't want clones!
Yeah, we pretty much told Sakurai: "CLONES SUK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

And Sakurai said okay. I would have bewen happy if we got a half dozen clones. A new character is still a new character. I think the problems people had with clones in Melee was not the clones themselves, but some of the selections (Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu).

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
What has Nintendo done in their very long history that gave you hope of downloadable content for Brawl?

Remember the network adapter for the Gamecube? Yeah...
And yet, the Wii has online... Brawl has online! The hope of downloadable content comes from the fact Microsoft and Sony do it, the third-parties want it, and there is no reason for Nintendo to NOT do it, as opposed to the No Lobby/No Headset/Trade Friend Codes flaw the Wii has. Also the fact that Brawl can boot from the SD Card from what I can tell. While the space on the Wii itself is bordering on pitiful, space on the SD Card would not.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
18. Wolf
21. Jigglypuff
26. Ness
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B

Here is the roster.
Thank you for the roaster Chrono...

Now to topic.... Wolf!? Ness!? Mr.Game and Watch!? R.O.B?! I feel stupider for just reading this! And Yoshi!? Maaan...I hate Yoshi...

Well...since I know Yoshi and Ness are here to stay...I guess it's just wishful thinking that there is a horrible error in the games code which will cause them to be unuseable :ohwell:

lol...Yoshi...

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
Pessimism. ;)Basically, MarkMan and/or Reno are reputable posters on the NeoGAF forums, and one or the other has leaked information about Tekken 5 or something in the past. Whatever it was, it amounts to a big deal and the fact that they have leaked substantial information before. So I guess you could chalk it up to "reputation."
That means very little. Just as some people discount ChaosZero (who was right about something very unlikely to predict!) because he could have had one leak and fudged the rest, same with this reputable poster you're talking about. Not only does having Tekken information not relate to having Brawl information, do you know how incredibly unlikely it is for ROB to be a fighter? HE CAN HARDLY MOVE.

But as I said, I've become increasingly pessimistic about this whole debacle, and seeing such a small roster (by my hopes) that excludes EVERY character that I was hoping for (including the one I wanted above all others, Claus) just puts me over the edge a little. :ohwell:
Sorry, but I don't think you'll be seeing Claus. We've already got Ness and Lucas. It's unlikely they'll add a THIRD Earthbound rep. If Claus and Mewtwo aren't playable, I expect them to make an SSE appearance. Here's to hoping!

The only part about this "leak" is that WW Link has a pretty good chance of appearing in Brawl. He can have an entirely new moveset (Deku Leaf, Grapple Hook, Fire/Ice Arrows, something else) and he'd make a really interesting addition. I want him in the game! I want Wolf-Link w/ Midna slightly more, because I just really miss Midna :(

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Eh. Nintendo said there was an insane amount of characters. 35 isn't insane. And there has been three delays. Tekken is owned my Namco? I think. This is Nintendo. I don't think that kind of precedence can be accepted.
No, 35 isn't insane in the least. It's mediocre, and unfulfilling. I can't say for sure, and I certainly don't want this roster to be true, but....well, we'll see.

Yeah, we pretty much told Sakurai: "CLONES SUK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

And Sakurai said okay. I would have bewen happy if we got a half dozen clones. A new character is still a new character. I think the problems people had with clones in Melee was not the clones themselves, but some of the selections (Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu).
Agreed. I didn't think Ganondorf deserved to be relegated to clone status, but it was better seeing him than not at all. As far as the Doc, Pichu, YLink, and Roy, went, though...that was just disappointing. :ohwell: Character choice really made the difference then, and it sure as hell will this time, too.

platnum

Smash Lord
Ive Had It!

IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZAH!

SHOOP DA KILL THE ROSTER WOOP

*blasts the cursed roster into oblivion, thus, deconfirming it*

Shuma

Smash Hero
To sum up the thoughs of the whole thread:

"THIS ROSTER IS AN ABOMINATION, SPAWNED FROM THE DEEPEST PIT ON HELL!"

This roster is so ****ing horrible... 2 years or more of development, and we get a roster of 35?

God, i hope at least Serebi floats around here again and just says "fake". This roster is awfull!. I'm not pissed at the fact of no Ridley, but at the possible fact of no new Metroid Rep!.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, 35 isn't insane in the least. It's mediocre, and unfulfilling. I can't say for sure, and I certainly don't want this roster to be true, but....well, we'll see.

Agreed. I didn't think Ganondorf deserved to be relegated to clone status, but it was better seeing him than not at all. As far as the Doc, Pichu, YLink, and Roy, went, though...that was just disappointing. :ohwell: Character choice really made the difference then, and it sure as hell will this time, too.
A lot of people loved Roy. Really, the only ones people hated were Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link.

spindash

Smash Ace
Why would there be 4 starfox characters? If krystal is in then wolf is surely not.

R.O.B. fits exactly how G&W fit in Melee.
Because StarFox, alongside Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokémon, is one of the staple franchises of Nintendo, that is why. I will accept either three or four characters coming from them.

R.O.B.'s significance was as helping Nintendo in the beginning as the gimmick Nintendo toy for two games, and he did not last long. Mr. Game & Watch, however, has the honor of being known as THE birth of Nintendo's video game characters, as he was the very first character created by Nintendo. He predates Nintendo Entertainment System, AND the Game Boy. He was the character that started it all, before Mario, before Link, before anyone, it was Game & Watch. He fits in Melee for those purposes in history. R.O.B.'s status merely via helping the initial sales of Nintendo, and not as a primary character IN game's; I'm sorry if that sounds arrogant of me, but R.O.B. does NOT merit THAT much credit to become a character in Brawl, as playable.

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
What has Krystal done for Nintendo more than ROB?

Name 1 thing
It doesn't matter what Krystal has done for Nintendo. It's what Krystal can do for BRAWL that matters. And usually characters from popular games will take precedence - the ones fans are hoping for! Krystal has a good chance of being in Brawl. ROB? Come on, NO ONE is hoping to play with ROB.

In my opinion, either Krystal or Wolf will be playable, or both if Falco isn't, and "Toon Link" OR Midna/Wolf Link, and King K Rool. I'm not saying I EXPECT any less, but I'd be surprised if this prediction isn't true.

Very surprised.

T3h Kaiser

Smash Cadet

This roster is so ****ing horrible... 2 years or more of development, and we get a roster of 35?

God, i hope at least Serebi floats around here again and just says "fake". This roster is awfull!. I'm not pissed at the fact of no Ridley, but at the possible fact of no new Metroid Rep!.
Because Serebii has all the information on the game, right? Just because he has an inside source doesn't mean he knows the entire roster. Be happy he hinted at the information he did.

Also, Platnum, I really hope you know how stupid you sound. You haven't contributed to this thread at all aside from (repeatedly) reminding us how much you hate this roster.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
How would Krystal be a clone?
By not using her staff, obviously. A bit stupid, but I can't imagine what moves Wolf would have that doesn't involve being a clone of Fox.

Oh yeah, Young Link was one of the clones we hated, glad he isn't in Brawl!

Oh. My beef with the clones was Ganondorf, and if Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon, Brawl won't be a decent replacement for Melee. I'm still peeved on Mewtwo!

bd43

Smash Cadet
For the record, Fox, Wolf and Krystal as Star Fox reps beats any other combination of Star Fox characters.

But I'll wait until proof before I even begin to try and rationalize myself to it. Not that I think that will be hard, but some people may be better off to follow suit. Little reason to care about this sort of thing when there's no proof. If they were real, I'm sure the leakers would gladly post here.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Because StarFox, alongside Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokémon, is one of the staple franchises of Nintendo, that is why. I will accept either three or four characters coming from them.

R.O.B.'s significance was as helping Nintendo in the beginning as the gimmick Nintendo toy for two games, and he did not last long. Mr. Game & Watch, however, has the honor of being known as THE birth of Nintendo's video game characters, as he was the very first character created by Nintendo. He predates Nintendo Entertainment System, AND the Game Boy. He was the character that started it all, before Mario, before Link, before anyone, it was Game & Watch. He fits in Melee for those purposes in history. R.O.B.'s status merely via helping the initial sales of Nintendo, and not as a primary character IN game's; I'm sorry if that sounds arrogant of me, but R.O.B. does NOT merit THAT much credit to become a character in Brawl, as playable.
If you think Star Fox is as important as Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon, then what does that make Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Donkey Kong. All three of these series have done more than Donkey Kong, and have more and better games than that series.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
Starfox is less important than Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.

R.O.B. perfectly fits as this game's "out of nowhere" character much like G&W did for Melee. R.O.B. was in a recent mario kart game which shows nintendo likes the idea of him as a playable "joke" character

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman

You can tell it's the real roster because it is the one everyone unamonously hates with every fiber of their being. It was the same with Melee.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
I would like Sukapon more o.o..

Ah well it seems everyone ignores me but okay x3.

We will see it when.. Sakurai says so..

platnum

Smash Lord
Because Serebii has all the information on the game, right? Just because he has an inside source doesn't mean he knows the entire roster. Be happy he hinted at the information he did.

Also, Platnum, I really hope you know how stupid you sound. You haven't contributed to this thread at all aside from (repeatedly) reminding us how much you hate this roster.
sorry for the anger...I just realy hope this isnt real.

but...ROB deconfirmes it...so i dont care.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
You can tell it's the real roster because it is the one everyone unamonously hates with every fiber of their being. It was the same with Melee.
I liked the Melee roster and I love this "35 character" one if it's true. People with wild expectations and ridiculous assumptions about development time are the ones deluding themselves into thinking this roster is bad.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Country saved the Super Nintendo and had vastly more good games than Starfox. What? Starfox had 64 and the original. DKC had the whole Trilogy and DK64, Diddy Kong Racing, and even the new Jungle Climber is much better than Starfox Command.

T3h Kaiser

Smash Cadet
Donkey Kong Country saved the Super Nintendo and had vastly more good games than Starfox. What? Starfox had 64 and the original. DKC had the whole Trilogy and DK64, Diddy Kong Racing, and even the new Jungle Climber is much better than Starfox Command.
Saved the Super Nintendo? Where the hell were you from 1990 to 1996? Donkey Kong had some good stuff going on the SNES, but "saved" it? The SNES didn't need saving.

Also, to say Jungle Climber is "much better" than Starfox Command has no weight in this conversation. That's your opinion, not fact.

spindash

Smash Ace
Starfox is less important than Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.

R.O.B. perfectly fits as this game's "out of nowhere" character much like G&W did for Melee. R.O.B. was in a recent mario kart game which shows nintendo likes the idea of him as a playable "joke" character
The rare StarFox games that we do recieve are all gems for a reason, regardless of opinions, it is one of the high rollers of the franchise that is Nintendo. Whenever something regarding StarFox is announced, the fans go nuts. Not once did I say that StarFox WAS as important as those three (and I apologize if I came off as thinking that), but it is iconic to Nintendo's history as much as the other's; a staple, like I've said before.

An "out of nowhere" character, yes. But R.O.B. is nowhere as iconic as Mr. Game & Watch, granted this is all an opinion on my part.

R.O.B. being a Subspace Emmisary enemy, a mere one at that with seemingly such minimal potential in attacks, turned fully playable?

In my opinion, it still does not add up. But I can't further the argument without either one of us just repeating ourselves, so I'll leave it at this.

It just doesn't add up in my eyes, even for a "out of nowhere" character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom