• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, every single PROPOSED roster I have seen is vastly better than this new one that is apparently being "confirmed." Does Sakurai think that people will be very happy with his wonderful decisions?! If this is true, Famitsu straight up lied.

You can control tons of characters
Ummm, the last time I checked, 35 characters isn't TONS! **** I really really really hope this isn't the actual roster. ROB?!! Are you serious?! I would have preferred Pacman over ROB and I freaking HATE Pacman!!!!!

Isn't it great?! We go from the incredibly awesome "news" of a 48 character roster which is then proven to be faked by some ******* wanting to get our hopes up, all the way to a 35 character roster with the only unknown newcomers being Wolf and ROB... If that isn't the definition of horrible I don't know what is.

bd43

Smash Cadet
I think there is a more likely chance of every character from SSBM being in SSBB than there only being 35 characters.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Yay! I've spent most of my free time during the past few months speculating about reasonable characters that will not be in the game! I was faithfully looking for a leak throughout the month of January for a bunch of vets and 3 more newcomers, 2 of which I already expected! I'm overjoyed by this wonderful roster. Woah there Sakurai, there are more characters than I can imagine!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yay! I've spent most of my free time during the past few months speculating about reasonable characters that will not be in the game! I was faithfully looking for a leak throughout the month of January for a bunch of vets and 3 more newcomers, 2 of which I already expected! I'm overjoyed by this wonderful roster. Woah there Sakurai, there are more characters than I can imagine!
How is this any good a roster?

0ranger

Smash Cadet
I don't want to hear "ZOMG 2 years and only 10 more characters!" anymore. This game was built FROM THE GROUND UP and includes a deep single player of which we've seen only snippets. Hopefully, the long development time means we can expect a polished online multiplayer.

T3h Kaiser

Smash Cadet
Because this is truly the 100% official Super Smash Bros. Brawl roster, am I right?

Am I right?

... Am I right?

Seriously, you guys need to calm the hell down.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Friggin R.O.B and Wolf over Ridley, Isaac and Mega Man?

I don't like this roster either.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
...and the bad part is...it's most likely true
:(

I hate it just as much as you. There is no Ridley and no Roy. Those were the two characters I wanted in the most. :(
No Claus is a slash to the jugular for me. But no Sukapon, Takamaru OR Midna doesn't help.

I knew Gardevoir and Cut Man had no chance of being playable, and Ditto only had a slight chance, but the lack of Claus disturbs me. That and the fact we have WWLink and no Ridley.
Agreed. Claus was the one character that I wanted above any other. He could make or break the roster for me, and, well... :ohwell:

Oh my! I can't wait to play as Put :p

I agree with everyone who says they dislike this roster.
Yeah, it's pretty awful, that's for sure.

Tell your pal Serebii to get on over here and disconfirm it for us. ;)

Hm, I'm sensing sarcasm... ;) (And not unfounded sarcasm, either: this roster is abysmal at best.)

0ranger

Smash Cadet
I don't want to hear "ZOMG 2 years and only 10 more characters!" anymore. This game was built FROM THE GROUND UP and includes a deep single player of which we've seen only snippets. Hopefully, the long development time means we can expect a polished online multiplayer.
Oh, and... YAY, WW LINK! *runs*

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman

I would gladly let SSE be destroyed forever if it meant more characters. It's not like we even imagined we would have gotten a STORY mode before he updated it!!! We wouldn't know what we were missing, but with characters, we do know. Did Sakurai actually say there would be more characters than we can imagine? If so I ****ing hope he sees how pissed off everyone is. Anyone who ISN'T pissed off would be fine with ANY roster, even if it had like the gay snail from the Kirby show playable.

spindash

Smash Ace
"Alesia Glidewell has confirmed she is voicing the following character, but it is not known in what way she will appear. [2]

Krystal"

I have Sonic, Charizard, Luigi, Yoshi, Lucario, and a lot of other great characters that are already in. But this game deserves far more then 35 characters. FAR more.

Krystal is my shining beacon right now. If she is a playable character, then rosters of 35 can be put to rest, or at least a potentially more complimenting roster with that number.

R.O.B over Geno, Ridley, Krystal, and so many more deserving ones that isn't even biased?

I refuse to believe this, but I will accept the fact that I am partially scared.

Please, I'm hoping for Krystal not to be a mere Assist Trophy, or ploy in Subspace Emmisary.

Right now...?

Krystal for Brawl.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Tell your pal Serebii to get on over here and disconfirm it for us. ;))
You can bet that as soon as he's on, I'm whining at him XD

I've been relaying every single plausible "leak" to him for a while, or at least mentioning stuff in the chat that he's picked up on.

So yea, as soon as he gets on (hopefully soon, he usually gets on around this time), I'll be showing this to him.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, he just got on.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would gladly let SSE be destroyed forever if it meant more characters. It's not like we even imagined we would have gotten a STORY mode before he updated it!!! We wouldn't know what we were missing, but with characters, we do know. Did Sakurai actually say there would be more characters than we can imagine? If so I ****ing hope he sees how pissed off everyone is. Anyone who ISN'T pissed off would be fine with ANY roster, even if it had like the gay snail from the Kirby show playable.
I have a VERY strong feeling that the reason why there are only 35 characters, and why Ridley is not playable is due to the SSE. I think Sakurai was stupid enough to think Smash Bros. should be Final Fantasy and have epic boss battles, when it is party fighter first and foremost.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
No matter how amazingly awesome the SSE will be, it's not worth sacrificing any part of Brawl's multiplayer. The multiplayer fighting aspect of Smash Brothers is it's life blood. It's what we will still be playing YEARS down the line when we only go through the SSE for kicks and giggles once a year or so. More characters... more stages... THAT'S what Brawl needs more than an amazing single player. Don't get me wrong, I'm greatly looking forward to the SSE, but I really hope it doesn't subtract from the real game...

Boofer

Smash Ace
How is this any good a roster?
I forgot to put /sarcasm at the end of my post.

Because this is truly the 100% official Super Smash Bros. Brawl roster, am I right?

Am I right?

... Am I right?

Seriously, you guys need to calm the hell down.
No, but most likely. Every time I try to be optimistic about things in the game, something that I did not want to be true is confirmed. Example: the delay. Also, all of my guesses ended up being right. All of the "prophets" that I chose to believe seemed to be more and more likely. I wanted Mewtwo, but my gut feeling was telling me he wasn't in; I believed CZ and that Serebii rumor...I was guessing 35 characters in the game since I came to this site. I was not sold on Ness not returning (my friend and I were arguing about it).

All of my underwhelming assumptions are coming true man...Not all of them are bad, but most of them are just blahh; Not exciting.

T3h Kaiser

Smash Cadet
Sakurai is the kind of guy who takes his time with everything. He delayed the game despite knowing how much hate he'd get for it so he could perfect Brawl. Hell, he didn't even want to make a sequel to SSB64; Nintendo pressured him into it. And now he's back for a second sequel, despite not wanting to do it. And here you are, on the internets, acting like a total douchebag and whining because some guy may or may not have leaked the official roster? Just because you're unhappy with a roster that might not even be real, you're ready to crusify Sakurai? Calm yourself, child, before you make an even bigger ******* out of yourself.

But if that was tl;dr, it can be summed up with this: You're a terrible person.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
An angry me posted this in the leak thread, but it seems the convo moved here... so:

I'm annoyed. At the roster? No. I expected as much. I'm just annoyed at some of these reactions.

Let me just put this in perspective. We got Solid Snake(which was a STRETCH), MetaKnight, Dedede(a Highly requested character), Pokemon Trainer(Which is practically 3 different chars), Olimar, Friggen SONIC(who was ALSO a stretch REGARDLESS of how anticipated he was, and was also the most ANTICIPATED CHARACTER IN THE GAME), Pit, Wario(who was also fairly requested), Ike(who's mechanics differ from Marth and Roy's), and almost every popular veteran san like, what... 2?

If you were honestly going to get the game in the first place, but, just because Ridley isn't in it, you decide that it's not worth it... I'm sorry, but that's childish. It's dumb. The roster is fine, they've not only matched Melee's original number without resorting the clones(and I'm talking about the 25 characters revealed so far, not the Falco, Wolf and Ness fest...) AND given you a speculated 240 hour adventure mode. Are you honestly going to tell me, because of one small ****ing thing like Megaman not being confirmed, you're going to throw away all the positive things you've felt about this game and pretend they never existed?

That's BULL ****. People are overreacting(and yes, I can see the reply to this post being "IRONY" but none the less) at this thing. It's a decent, if not Good or GREAT roster. And even if it is a disappointment's, so what? Did you get into this game, solely on the basis of speculation that a character that hadn't even been announced yet would be included?

So you decided you'd buy Smash Bros Brawl, JUST BECAUSE of a rumor that Krystal was gonna be included. She wasn't ANNOUNCED, she wasn't CONFIRMED, she was only speculated upon. And now after the almost year and a half wait for the game it finally comes and you've been praising these features like Online, and SSE, and Stage builder, and all that-- Krystal isn't announced, and so all of those other features don't matter? In fact, Krystal not being announced makes this roster SO friggen bad, you're going to go back to MELEE, which had a roster nearly FILLED to the brim with CLONES. Really? Are we that shallow?

Whatever. I don't mean to offend anyone(though some will take it that way regardless), it's just ludicrous to me how this list is so terrible. It seems fine to me.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey hey...the only thing I don't like about the 35 character roster is ROB. Besides that, everyone I've wanted for Brawl is in, and Wolf may also be in too!

That's like the perfect roster for me! I don't need any other characters if this is the final roster.

I just don't see ROB as being playable, though. I mean...wut? He's a minion in SSE.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey hey...the only thing I don't like about the 35 character roster is ROB. Besides that, everyone I've wanted for Brawl is in, and Wolf may also be in too!

That's like the perfect roster for me! I don't need any other characters if this is the final roster.

I just don't see ROB as being playable, though. I mean...wut? He's a minion in SSE.
What the hell is wrong with ROB?

And he was around WAAAAY before SSE

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
i thought you said yourself you werent revealing anything
Yes but I deconfirmed any roster that just had Mewtwo in or had Mewtwo and Lucario and ignored the ones that didn't

Many people correctly inferred it

And I did accidentally slip up a few months ago which was where the whole Lucario "replacing" Mewtwo thing came from

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I have a VERY strong feeling that the reason why there are only 35 characters, and why Ridley is not playable is due to the SSE. I think Sakurai was stupid enough to think Smash Bros. should be Final Fantasy and have epic boss battles, when it is party fighter first and foremost.
I guess I have a reason to hate SSE, then. :ohwell:

No matter how amazingly awesome the SSE will be, it's not worth sacrificing any part of Brawl's multiplayer. The multiplayer fighting aspect of Smash Brothers is it's life blood. It's what we will still be playing YEARS down the line when we only go through the SSE for kicks and giggles once a year or so. More characters... more stages... THAT'S what Brawl needs more than an amazing single player. Don't get me wrong, I'm greatly looking forward to the SSE, but I really hope it doesn't subtract from the real game...
And judging by the roster, it has most certainly subtracted.

"Wow...Serebii was right"

Where's the praise I deserve from all the crap some of you people threw at me?
...Oh, say it ain't so. :( You mean...this 35 character abomination, this wretched amalgamation is...the REAL roster?

(And kudos to me for not doubting Serebii.)

bd43

Smash Cadet
For the record, we don't even know Ness and Falco and Wolf will be clones.

It's somewhat possible, even if unlikely, that they won't be.

35 isn't bad, especially when Melee being counted as 26 makes it 39.

I still think it's unlikely, though. If only becaues he's clearly taken measures to hide some of the Veterans from release, yet you propose that all but 3 newcomers aren't on site. That's complete BS, IMO.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Exactly right, it isn't the single player classic mode that kept people playing Melee for 6 years. People aren't going to be playing SSE once they beat it on the highest difficulty. You can only play through a campaign once. What is remembered and played for years is the multiplayer and roster of characters that are used to fight.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
35 for most fighters would be a great number of characters, but i dunno, for brawl, it seems so little. especially when Sakurai has so many good veterans that should be included, too

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
R.O.B. seems like a very strange choice, considering he is used as such a low-level part of SSE.

That's what allows me to stay skeptical about such a roster. My usual thought of "Nobody else is saying this" doesn't apply here. It matches up with a LOT of the leakers with good reputations, as well as a number of new ones.

In all honesty, I play Smash Brothers for the multiplayer. Not the single player mode. I couldn't care less about adventure mode after I've used it to unlock characters. This game IS its characters. That roster lacks the kind of imagination that has defined the game so far for me. I'd be buying a Wii just for Brawl - and with that roster, I don't know that it'd be worth the asking price. I have friends who will purchase it no matter what - it's going to be a great game regardless - but if that roster is true, if things are going to take such a boring and disappointing turn, then it's not worth three hundred dollars to me.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I guess I have a reason to hate SSE, then. :ohwell:

And judging by the roster, it has most certainly subtracted.

...Oh, say it ain't so. :( You mean...this 35 character abomination, this wretched amalgamation is...the REAL roster?

(And kudos to me for not doubting Serebii.)
Oh no no no no

I meant the Lucario, Jigglypuff reveal from the trailer lol

The roster I am unsure of...my source has yet to reveal the full one to me out of fear that if they do they'd be discovered but I have been trying

My personal belief is that its too small

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
For the record, we don't even know Ness and Falco and Wolf will be clones.

It's somewhat possible, even if unlikely, that they won't be.

35 isn't bad, especially when Melee being counted as 26 makes it 39.

I still think it's unlikely, though. If only becaues he's clearly taken measures to hide some of the Veterans from release, yet you propose that all but 3 newcomers aren't on site. That's complete BS, IMO.
It's a combination of a lot of things, really:
* A smaller roster than expected--only 10 more selectable characters than last time
* Disproportionate franchise representation (THREE StarFox reps and only ONE Metroid rep?!)
* Exclusion of numerous popular characters, including those who were listed many times on Sakurai's journal (Ridley, Geno, Krystal)
* Highly questionable character choices (Wolf, R.O.B., Ness (to some))

EDIT: Serebii, you're a stand-up guy. :grin: Here's to hoping that our fears have not been realized.

While you're here (and since I was one of the ones that stuck by you), can you tell us anything else that you know, or at least as far as the Poke-aspects go? Stages, Pokeballs, etc.? And--just so no one has any doubts about it--can you clarify that there will only be four (4) selectable Pokemon reps? :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why are people judging ROB solely on his role in Subspace rather than his contribution to Nintendo history?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
My personal belief is that its too small
Mine as well. My trust as far as information has been with you, and I hope that this is true and it is indeed too small...

If your source does ever tell you, Serebii and the game isn't out yet... Can you at the very least tell us if the real roster is bigger or not?

If that's not asking too much.

In all honesty... I find this one to be... depressing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom