• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd43

Smash Cadet
There's little wrong with the 35 character roster. Personally, after Olimar was released, I was anticipating Stage updates more.

I'm not the same as others, but all these characters were obvious, and we got what we all wanted in a way.

At the end of the day, Ridley arguments were annoying and it's sad to see that he may actually be too big for Brawl. Still, majority of the discluded characters will be bosses in SSE. They'll all make it into the game.

I wish the game had more villians, which is why I'd take Wolf over Falco any day and wish Ike wasn't slow so that the Black Knight had a chance to be in the game. But they'll have other great bosses, so I'm not worried.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
I liked the Melee roster and I love this "35 character" one if it's true. People with wild expectations and ridiculous assumptions about development time are the ones deluding themselves into thinking this roster is bad.
Of course, you wouldn't hate this roster, you liked the Melee roster!

And you don't get the significence of ROB being a fighter...

Think back to North America in June 1985... Gaming was dead and Atari had killed it, but there was one company who was going to change all that. But no retailer was going to take a chance on another video game console. Atari failed. Gaming failed. So this company in 1985 decided to bundle their console with a odd new accessory... A robot that all the retailers loved. The Robot was just a junky forgettable accessory only used for two games, but the real hit of the package was a game starring a famous hero of arcades in a new side-scrolling adventure against a new villian to save a princess...

That console that retailers rejected was the Nintendo Entertainment System, the hit game was Super Mario Bros, and the robot that wowwed the retailers... was ROB!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I still don't believe this roster, why did the fan favs got cut? It was supposed to be nintendo's all stars not nintendo's unknown stars.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Actually, my excitement for Brawl DID have alot to do with the characters to be in the game. I'll even go as far as saying that it was the MAIN thing that excited me about the game. Now, I do agree that many of the characters that were already announced are wonderful additions to the game (Sonic and Pokemon Trainer FTW), but the main fault is the fact that we knew about these characters for ever. You have to admit that it was incredibly stupid to reveal MOST of the new characters before the game came out. The smart thing would be to reveal about half of them, including Sonic and Snake, along with the 500 returning veterans in the game.

Are you actually surprised by the reactions considering the characters were basically all people were waiting for? I mean, yeah, there are other very cool features in the game, but the biggest one (SSE) will probably be a bit unnecessary. You know why? Because this is a party/fighting/multiplayer game. Yeah, it's probably going to be a really cool addition, but honestly, how often am I going to play it years from now? Conversly, how often am I going to be playing multiplayer so that I can master my favorite characters? Most likely I'll spend90% of my time playing multiplayer.

Heres one thing I want to know about: Assist trophies...How many are there, and how many playable characters could we have had at the expense of about half of the assist trophies? Assist trophies are cool, but by the looks of it, LOTS of potentially great playable characters will end up being them...
So did mine. mine had a lot to do with the new characters as well, but I'm saying that it's ****ing ******** to say "So I've got Sonic, Snake, Lucas, Ike, PT, and some other guy, that's great... WHAT?! RIDLEY ISN'T IN IT! WELL **** ALL THAT THEN! THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE!"

People are overreacting tot his roster. That's why I'm annoyed. They're saying it's the worst thing they've ever seen, and being, let's face it... brats. I'm sorry, but it's true.

35 characters isn't enough for a game? How many fighting games have you played? That's 2 above average? VF had about 20, SF3 had about 23, Tekken was the only real exception and that had 32... we have 3 MORE than they do. DOA? 22 chars. The ORIGINAL SF2-- 20.

The only time you really get expanded huge WTF rosters is Vs. games. MVC2 had 58 characters, but honestly? They removed 2 attack buttons for it, and had to simplify a lot of mechanics. Sure, it was an awesome game, and still remains to be this day, but you get my point.

We're getting a good amount. I understand disappointment's but calling this game **** after all the promising things we've seen within it, not to mention a PERFECT score from Famitsu, and the fact that Sakurai actually LISTENED to the fans and put in Sonic and Dedede, makes reading posts like "I'm going to kill myself if this is true" all the more ****ing infuriating and annoying.

Dissapointed is one thing. Spoiled is another.

(And please, don't bother bringing up "HOW DID SAKURAI LISTEN TO THE FANS IF HE DIDN'T PUT IN KRYSTAL OR GENO!" Honestly, the man's delayed the game 3 times to try and give you guys a worthwhile experience. You have a plethora of likeable characters to choose from on that list, who have significance within the Nintendo, Sega, and Konami universes. Honestly, he's given us a lot. And I still FAIL to see how this roster is 'Terrible' when a couple days ago, it was lacking 10 of the characters and was considered 'excellent'. )

EDIT: Also, one more thing. I wasn't labeling you Boofer btw. But if you look through the past couple of pages... you'll see what I mean.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The characters they put are why I don't like it, not the number of characters

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The rare StarFox games that we do recieve are all gems for a reason, regardless of opinions, it is one of the high rollers of the franchise that is Nintendo. Whenever something regarding StarFox is announced, the fans go nuts. Not once did I say that StarFox WAS as important as those three (and I apologize if I came off as thinking that), but it is iconic to Nintendo's history as much as the other's; a staple, like I've said before.
What? Donkey Kong made Miyamoto famous, and Donkey Kong Country single-handedly made the SNES triumph over the Genesis/MegaDrive in the West. Fire Emblem also invented the turn-based strategy genre. Metroid has been one of the most consistent series quality wise, with the worst game being Hunters, which even then is a good game for the DS.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
So did mine. mine had a lot to do with the new characters as well, but I'm saying that it's ****ing ******** to say "So I've got Sonic, Snake, Lucas, Ike, PT, and some other guy, that's great... WHAT?! RIDLEY ISN'T IN IT! WELL **** ALL THAT THEN! THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE!"

People are overreacting tot his roster. That's why I'm annoyed. They're saying it's the worst thing they've ever seen, and being, let's face it... brats. I'm sorry, but it's true.

35 characters isn't enough for a game? How many fighting games have you played? That's 2 above average? VF had about 20, SF3 had about 23, Tekken was the only real exception and that had 32... we have 3 MORE than they do. DOA? 22 chars. The ORIGINAL SF2-- 20.

The only time you really get expanded huge WTF rosters is Vs. games. MVC2 had 58 characters, but honestly? They removed 2 attack buttons for it, and had to simplify a lot of mechanics. Sure, it was an awesome game, and still remains to be this day, but you get my point.

We're getting a good amount. I understand disappointment's but calling this game **** after all the promising things we've seen within it, not to mention a PERFECT score from Famitsu, and the fact that Sakurai actually LISTENED to the fans and put in Sonic and Dedede, makes reading posts like "I'm going to kill myself if this is true" all the more ****ing infuriating and annoying.

(And please, don't bother bringing up "HOW DID SAKURAI LISTEN TO THE FANS IF HE DIDN'T PUT IN KRYSTAL OR GENO!" Honestly, the man's delayed the game 3 times to try and give you guys a worthwhile experience. You have a plethora of likeable characters to choose from on that list, who have significance within the Nintendo, Sega, and Konami universes. Honestly, he's given us a lot. And I still FAIL to see how this roster is 'Terrible' when a couple days ago, it was lacking 10 of the characters and was considered 'excellent'. )
best post in the thread.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
MVC2 was great u know. I loved the amount of characters. 35, is a bit too little. I expected 40+

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am exactly with you. I have no problem with 35 characters, it was just the roster decisions and how the roster was not a surprise. Really, the only one people are arguing about is R.O.B. When the Melee roster was leaked, people were arguing over Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Roy (no one knew who he was), and Mr. Game & Watch. This roster looks like it was made by someone on GameFAQs.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this. There are a slew of better choices they could've used to make a 35 character roster an awesome one. But no, they go and throw in another Link instead. What. The. Hell.

:(

I'm more sad then I am angry...

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet

EDIT: Also, one more thing. I wasn't labeling you Boofer btw. But if you look through the past couple of pages... you'll see what I mean.
you are my hero

this is an excellent post

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I am exactly with you. I have no problem with 35 characters, it was just the roster decisions and how the roster was not a surprise. Really, the only one people are arguing about is R.O.B. When the Melee roster was leaked, people were arguing over Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Roy (no one knew who he was), and Mr. Game & Watch. This roster looks like it was made by someone on GameFAQs.
Actually, I happen to be wishing some of the GameFAQs roster were real instead of this one. Really. How about that guy who said Cecil was in? Why can't THAT guy be the GameFAQs user we based the game on?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually, I happen to be wishing some of the GameFAQs roster were real instead of this one. Really. How about that guy who said Cecil was in? Why can't THAT guy be the GameFAQs user we based the game on?
Because all of the people with creditability have said the roster I put together is correct.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
SEE? THIS IS AN INTELLIGENT POST! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE POST LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN!

Then we can have discussions. Not. "WTF SAKURAI?! I'M GONNA GO LOCK MYSELF IN A ROOM AND STAB MY ARMS WITH EMO RAZORS!"

But one point of contention... The characters roster we had before this leak was considered excellent at the time. How is it that by adding 10 MORE characters, a lot of them asked for, it's become a bastion of "TERRIBLE!"

bd43

Smash Cadet
Expectations are bad. I expected 35 characters after it was announced that some characters from Melee would be missing. Told most that more than 35 characters is a ridiculous notion, and that they were just setting up for disappointment. I considered 40-42 starting only after PT was shown, counting transformations as seperate. I'd only be sad about this roster because of the fact that the way Sakurai built up towards the roster was poor. With such a limited total of new characters, he should have made a greater use of veterans.

Chepe

Smash Lord
One thing people must consider is that the 35 list essentially translates to 39 complete movesets. And then, what if Ganondorf, Falco, and Toon Link all have new movesets? They would be almost like new characters since they took nearly as long to develop as one. And if Lucas and Wolf end up as only "Luigifications" for their counterpart? There would be no clones in Brawl...

It would then become very understandable that they could only give us 35 selectable players with the time they had, considering the myriad of other expansive modes and elements in the game.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
SEE? THIS IS AN INTELLIGENT POST! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE POST LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN!

Then we can have discussions. Not. "WTF SAKURAI?! I'M GONNA GO LOCK MYSELF IN A ROOM AND STAB MY ARMS WITH EMO RAZORS!"

But one point of contention... The characters roster we had before this leak was considered excellent at the time. How is it that by adding 10 MORE characters, a lot of them asked for, it's become a bastion of "TERRIBLE!"
Let's see would you have Ridley, a third Donkey Kong or Fire Emblem character or Geno, Isaac or Ray, and Takamaru or Mike Jones as the last four newcomers, or would you have what we have right now (Lucario, Wolf, Toon Link, and R.O.B.)

A 35 character roster can be excellent. Unfortunately, I think Sakurai placed all his chips on the SSE, which is why we ended up with no playable Ridley and Mewtwo (they were probably made into bosses).

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Thank you for the roaster Chrono...

Now to topic.... Wolf!? Ness!? Mr.Game and Watch!? R.O.B?! I feel stupider for just reading this! And Yoshi!? Maaan...I hate Yoshi...

Well...since I know Yoshi and Ness are here to stay...I guess it's just wishful thinking that there is a horrible error in the games code which will cause them to be unuseable :ohwell:

lol...Yoshi...
Your taste is horrible and you should feel ashamed.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I'm speaking for myself here. It's unbalanced, for one. And by unbalanced I mean with series representation. Pokemon gets Lucario, PT who is a three in one package, Jigglypuff and Pikachu.

That takes up four characters on the roster, but technically speaking it's more like six. Mario, on the other hand gets four. No two in ones, three in ones, just four. Mario is more popular than Pokemon is. It just seems unbalanced.

Metroid is another example. One character. Okay, Ridley seemed like a good choice, no, I didn't support him, but I wasn't against him. He could go either way as a playable character or a boss, but Metroid is deserving of a second rep, and please don't say Zamus is that second rep, she's not.

Starfox? Okay, let's keep the first two male veterans, and add another male veteran and ignore the more wanted character, that being Krystal. I don't care for Krystal, but I'd rather have had her than Wolf. Sorry Wolf fans.

Sorry WW Link fans, but one Link in my opinion is good enough. Again, looking at that poll, WW Link was hardly deserving of a spot over Ridley or Geno. For a while it did look like Sakurai was taking things off that poll, but now it just looks like he completely ignored it in the end, and put the smack down on some wanted characters, like Geno, Krystal and Ridley.

I'm sorry, it's just what I think. I'd prefer to have a 40 character roster, but 35 seems small and petty. 35 would have been much better if we had had more fan requested characters. And don't tell me we have plenty, I know we do. But ignoring some of the higher scoring characters just doesn't feel right, and as someone on another board said, it's like "being slapped in the face by Master Hand himself."

That's just how I feel. I feel the roster could have been chosen better, and we could have had a better selection. I deeply apologize if my post offends anyone.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Welcome back. A lot happened while you were gone, check the temporary leak index. We think we have the entire roster.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Well Markman and reno. Being famous doesn't mean that they are reliable right. True the reveal the correct stuff for tekken, but they might be faking it this time.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually beginning to think Wolf was put in over Krystal for Subspace reasons. Think about it. Wolf is the Star Fox villain alongside Bowser, Wario, and Ganondorf (And possibly Dedede).

Boofer

Smash Ace
One thing people must consider is that the 35 list essentially translates to 39 complete movesets. And then, what if Ganondorf, Falco, and Toon Link all have new movesets? They are almost new characters since they took nearly as long to develop as one. Then if Lucas and Wolf end up as only "Luigifications" for their counterpart?

It would become very understandable that they could only give us 35 selectable players with the time they had, considering the myriad of other expansive modes and elements in the game.
True, true...But still. Don't you think some of the most popular characters would have made for some interesting movesets? Isaac, Krystal, Ridley, Geno, etc...:(. Also, I think most of the anger surrounding the roster comes from the fact that they already revealed most of the good stuff...Don't you think it's a little stupid for most of the secrets to be characters from the last installment? Who thought it was a good idea to reveal so many Newcomers so early?

That said, I'm anxious to see exactly how different WW Link is from regular link. And Falco and Ganondorf will no doubt have interesting new movesets (though I forsee Ganon playing a bit like Ike). Also, I'm glad that Lucario is in (though I expected it), and I DO in fact look forward to playing as Wolf (though I'd MUCH rather play as Krystal)

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
Well Markman and reno. Being famous doesn't mean that they are reliable right. True the reveal the correct stuff for tekken, but they might be faking it this time.
I doubt it. I don't know about MarkMan, but Reno is a really good guy. Not a troll type by any stretch. He is a huge fighter nut, too. Pretty much all of his posts are in fighter threads. And he's been posting in GAF since the dreamcast days. He even has a good tag, which means he has a rep there. The best we could hope for is that he doesn't know everything about the game.

I feel bad for him. He seemed to think we'd be happy when he confirmed the leaks. He probably didn't expect such a ***** fest

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Well said Spp Kirby. They should have selected a better roster. And what's all this about choosing chars for SSE? A story can always be twisted around. Having another char doesn't mean scrapping off a storyline.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
If the roster comes out to be true, Im ok with it, tough I wanted a AC playable character, and Bowser Jr

bd43

Smash Cadet
Wolf in over Falco for SSE reasons is logical. But both Falco and Wolf doesn't make sense, as Falco is NOT as popular a character as some people would like to consider him. Krystal should have beat out Falco in this case.

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
True, true...But still. Don't you think some of the most popular characters would have made for some interesting movesets? Isaac, Krystal, Ridley, Geno, etc...:(. Also, I think most of the anger surrounding the roster comes from the fact that they already revealed most of the good stuff...Don't you think it's a little stupid for most of the secrets to be characters from the last installment? Who thought it was a good idea to reveal so many Newcomers so early?
Actually, it was a good idea for them to reveal the good characters early. The real secret characters are Snake and Sonic, but hype for this game wouldn't be half what it is without their announcements. Secret characters can't be used to help push the game, so the desired characters had to be announced early to make the commercials. Otherwise you'd probably see the likes of Pit, Diddy and Olimar as hidden. Consider Captain Falcon. No one buys F-Zero games anymore, so they moved him to thhe back of the roster again

Old characters aren't interesting. People expect them to be in anyway, so most of them are unlocked. The hardcore were probably expected to be happy to see them return. Advertising shouldn't care that old characters like NEss or Marth hunga round when contemporary versions could be included

Wolf in over Falco for SSE reasons is logical. But both Falco and Wolf doesn't make sense, as Falco is NOT as popular a character as some people would like to consider him. Krystal should have beat out Falco in this case.
Sakurai probably didn't want to remove Falco since he had a lot of fans in Melee. Hence why he's still hidden. The characters that got cut were not popular at all...

Boofer

Smash Ace
I doubt it. I don't know about MarkMan, but Reno is a really good guy. Not a troll type by any stretch. He is a huge fighter nut, too. Pretty much all of his posts are in fighter threads. And he's been posting in GAF since the dreamcast days. He even has a good tag, which means he has a rep there. The best we could hope for is that he doesn't know everything about the game.

I feel bad for him. He seemed to think we'd be happy when he confirmed the leaks. He probably didn't expect such a ***** fest
Why feel bad for him? We're happy that he leaked the roster. We're just mad at the team for making stupid decisions.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I by no means hate the leakers if this is true. I hate Sakurai and his team for making some ****ty choices. I just hope some how this is all wrong information.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why feel bad for him? We're happy that he leaked the roster. We're just mad at the team for making stupid decisions.
Exactly. I am glad MarkMan and Remo came foweard and confirmed our fears. Now I am very interested in the Post-Mortem that Sakurai will be giving at the GDC. I honestly feel our roster is the result of the SSE, and I think an expansive Adventure Mode will be the "Clones" of this game, in the sense they are both things that people feel detracted from the game.

bd43

Smash Cadet
Actually, it was a good idea for them to reveal the good characters early. The real secret characters are Snake and Sonic, but hype for this game wouldn't be half what it is without their announcements. Secret characters can't be used to help push the game, so the desired characters had to be announced early to make the commercials. Otherwise you'd probably see the likes of Pit, Diddy and Olimar as hidden. Consider Captain Falcon. No one buys F-Zero games anymore, so they moved him to thhe back of the roster again

Old characters aren't interesting. People expect them to be in anyway, so most of them are unlocked. The hardcore were probably expected to be happy to see them return. Advertising shouldn't care that old characters like NEss or Marth hunga round when contemporary versions could be included
We still have no idea of the starting roster. Personally, I think only 14 characters will make it, mostly based on Sakurai's choice to only demo 14 at a time.

And frankly, I don't consider the commercials as substansial reason for the characters to be on the starting roster.

Snake and Sonic are big back bone characters to the games potential sales boom. But to only have 15 new characters, 1 of which I think is a joke to consider new, and show off 12 of them is a bit of a bold move, and they could have at least saved some characters for November and December, which were awful update months.

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
Exactly. I am glad MarkMan and Remo came foweard and confirmed our fears. Now I am very interested in the Post-Mortem that Sakurai will be giving at the GDC. I honestly feel our roster is the result of the SSE, and I think an expansive Adventure Mode will be the "Clones" of this game, in the sense they are both things that people feel detracted from the game.
the adventure mode is going to be awesome. Don't forget it's co-op, AND you can use your collectables for stat bonuses, so there's an actual point to running through and picking up random stuff. I've wanted co-op adventure mode in smash since I played smash 64 with my friends in high school. We'd kick the crap out of each other for hours on end, would have been nice to work together now and then and break the tension.

Now I'll eb playing SSE with my girlfriend. Someone who I never would have been able to play versus with. Frnakly I'm more excited for SSE than the versus mode. I realise a lot of tourney goers use this site, so that won't be a popular opion here. But you're getting 14-20 new movesets, and probably a much more balanced game. Brawl is huge

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible that if these leakers are right, they could be wrong with one thing?! That they don't know the whole roster. Perhaps they didn't get to see or hear the whole roster, but just assumed it would be all of it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom