• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I have a feeling rapscouter's credibility Smash wise will be tested this week.
I doubt it. Remember his "3 lies" buffer - if anything he said turns out to be false, it doesn't debunk him. To do that, we have to find four false things or more in one of his chunks of info. It'd take one hell of a weird week of Dojo updates to kill him off.

Zevox

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Well...I was HOPING to confirm someone through the DOJO, but if at least one lie is seen on rapscouter's post, a job well done is earned to me :D

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
True, it just means we're closer to finding out what rapscouter believes to be the "truth". =P

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I doubt it. Remember his "3 lies" buffer - if anything he said turns out to be false, it doesn't debunk him. To do that, we have to find four false things or more in one of his chunks of info. It'd take one hell of a weird week of Dojo updates to kill him off.

Zevox
Rapscouter's master plan . . . be the ultimate, un-debunkable prophet . . . at least until the game comes out.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Serebi doesn't mention a whole lot of things, but the most interesting is Lucario being a character. That I find very intriguing, because most of the leakers, including the newest addition to the list SuperStarShip, have stated that Lucario is a playable character. Rapscouter and Johnny are the only ones that haven't stated him, but they never deconfirmed him either.
In fact, Chaotic Impulse goes as far as giving us the Special Moves for Lucario, not that this adds to his credibility or the likelihood of Lucario being a character.

I find this to be very suspicious, because either these leakers are all fans of Lucario, or Lucario actually is in Brawl. And you know what, I would go with the latter before the former. But that's just me.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Only one problem with Starship's Roster: Sukapon>Lip when it comes to WTF

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Please, Vatro Xu is full of it. There is absolutely NO reason to have Sector Z and Planet Zebes when the DOJO recently confirmed Corneria and Brinstar as playable stages. I think it's safe to call shenanigans, so to speak. ;)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Under the "SuperStarship" heading, Peach is listed as both a starer and secret character.

:confused:

And any conflicts with rapscouter only probably shouldn't be put down if you don't know his "lies".

Lastly, "forbrawlbattle" has to statement which "agree with thealmightygoat" only. They should probably be un-yellowed now that he's a fake.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
I think also Lucario will going to take part with the brawl xD.

Hmmm I don't believe any of the prophets... I will know it end of the month soo..

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I like rapscouter. He's being very wily. :chuckle:

He's not a "prophet"; they really don't even exist, but I agree with a lot of his updates.

Less than 10 days until Brawl!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Please, Vatro Xu is full of it. There is absolutely NO reason to have Sector Z and Planet Zebes when the DOJO recently confirmed Corneria and Brinstar as playable stages. I think it's safe to call shenanigans, so to speak.
This is a poor argument, since we do have Norfair AND Brinstar.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
I personally think anyone with Ridley as playable probably isn't speaking the truth. Ridley is just too big, and would be awkward to control. However it might just be because of his **** followers. I dunno. Almost 9 days 'till Brawl...

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
I personally think anyone with Ridley as playable probably isn't speaking the truth. Ridley is just too big, and would be awkward to control. However it might just be because of his **** followers. I dunno. Almost 9 days 'till Brawl...
I don't want Ridley or anything. (Personally I don't like him)But you can't use size as a valid excuse, look at the Pokemon and look at Olimar.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Dang, I thought someone up there had put down that beating SSE got you the Halberd trophy, and since today that deconfirmed, so might they have. Also, there seems to a water blowhog or something like that, though the big AT list says windy.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
SuperStarship looks so dumb.
I stopped reading after the "Beginning Roster"
>__>

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
SuperStarship looks so dumb.
I stopped reading after the "Beginning Roster"
>__>
In his defense, it kind of makes sense to decrease the starting roster if this is true. Because there will be about 35-45 characters in the game, and to make the experience of unlocking characters more worthwile it would make sense to unlock some you already knew about. For the casual gamer who has never played this game before it will be a huge suprise, for us, it would be a suprise that the were not starters.

Just my opinion.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Serebii isn't affiliated with Nintendo. He just runs a large Pokemon fansite. There's a difference.
Either way, you cannot be sure of what I do or do not know and whether I do or do not know something. You cannot make statements saying I do not have anything unless you KNOW that I do not. Which of course you cannot know because its not true...maybe in some parallel universe where my site is like tiny and so I wouldnt have information, but not in this universe matie

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Either way, you cannot be sure of what I do or do not know and whether I do or do not know something. You cannot make statements saying I do not have anything unless you KNOW that I do not. Which of course you cannot know because its not true...maybe in some parallel universe where my site is like tiny and so I wouldnt have information, but not in this universe matie
O_o?

Anyways, the only thing I am hoping for is that Nathan Spencer is not in Brawl, If Capcom put him in and not Rock...!

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I personally think anyone with Ridley as playable probably isn't speaking the truth. Ridley is just too big, and would be awkward to control. However it might just be because of his **** followers.
The inch tall akward looking pikmin wielding Captian Olimar says hi.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by madleviathan
I personally think anyone with Ridley as playable probably isn't speaking the truth. Ridley is just too big, and would be awkward to control. However it might just be because of his **** followers.
The inch tall akward looking pikmin wielding Captian Olimar says hi.
As does the six-foot tall King Koopa.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Im going to believe what I want. Smash comes out in 10 days. I find it hard to believe no one leaked the roster yet.

One of these many, many, many, many "leaks" are bound to be true. Just for the record. I dont care for this Serebii guy. Ive never met him. He seems just like these other people. Pokemon isnt Smash Bros. He keeps deconfirming all these lists but what has he done? Nothing.

Im just saying, its a little crazy to call all these other guys fake, but then hang onto Serebiis every word. Hes in the same boat as them. No proof but alot of hot air.

So with that, I believe chaos zero. And ill look at all these lists and see whos the most believable from a Nintendo standpoint and see who has the least contradictions according to the dojo.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
thealmightygoat has admitted to being a complete fake. However, he was officially debunked by the fact that Charizard's Up+B Special is Fly, rather than Air Slash).
He only admitted he made a fake roster, and it was obvious since he previously stated to not ever reveal it.

After that incident (which he said should've been taken lightly, as a joke), he never said he was faking everything.

So I guess you're confusing things, but he never admitted to being a fake. And it's easy to be wrong in translating Charizards Uair. I'm not saying he's still legit, I'm just saying it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE for him to be legit.

But ehm, perhaps the guy admitted a second time to revealing fake stuff (unlike the roster joke), then I guess I'm wired up over nothing. But if not, you got it all wrong, you're assuming stuff, not debunking it.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
He only admitted he made a fake roster, and it was obvious since he previously stated to not ever reveal it.

After that incident (which he said should've been taken lightly, as a joke), he never said he was faking everything.

So I guess you're confusing things, but he never admitted to being a fake. And it's easy to be wrong in translating Charizards Uair. I'm not saying he's still legit, I'm just saying it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE for him to be legit.

But ehm, perhaps the guy admitted a second time to revealing fake stuff (unlike the roster joke), then I guess I'm wired up over nothing. But if not, you got it all wrong, you're assuming stuff, not debunking it.
He admitted himself after that.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Is this website forbidden for anyone else?

http://www.brawlcentral.com/
They're switching the server after the WHobby event, cause it just couldn't handle the massive influx of people. At least, that's what I heard...

And Serebii confuses me. He's kind of the monkey-wrench in the whole "prophet" issue; just totally ambiguous.

And you people who are following him around and calling for him like he's your messiah, you should be ashamed. He's not going to tell you any direct information, so get over it.

I'm done ranting. Less than 10 days until Brawl.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the off topicness of this question.. but is anyone else worrying about being able to sleep when the release is nearly here? o.O

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
When the game comes out, people are going to unlock characters, but think it's fake. "WHAT, I just unlocked Mrs. Buttersworth!? FAKE! PHAIL! Sakurai is such a false prophet"

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
once again, you dont impress me much.

i hear a lot of blahblahblah from you on things related to brawl.

but ur right "you cannot be sure of what I do or do not know and whether I do or do not know something" my response: who cares about what you know(if its anything at all on brawl) if you dont release any info. anyone could guess lucario was in.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Either way, you cannot be sure of what I do or do not know and whether I do or do not know something.
Well, then you'll be regarded as no better than the rest of these "prophets." Yeah, I know it's a distinction that you really don't mind bearing and all. You know what you know and nobody else knows about it. Your knowledge is insoluble.

But it's easy to prance around the internet and act like you know what the **** it is you're talking about, man. No offense.

Smooth Criminal

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
TC I was just looking at some old "rumors" about Smash. This one is pretty spot on it seems. Its right about EVERYTHING. Although some, or most is probably guessable....it still is correct though.

This was written BEFORE the DOJO updates and after the E3 trailer. I remember at the time everyone called it fake or whatnot. But maybe this guy or "kid" was telling some type of truth. You should def. put this one up even though it garners no new info. (cept maybe the "no more clones" which today still is debatable) Btw, he was right on ALL the game scoops. There are three scoops he has about Galaxy, Metroid and Brawl. Each one is oddly correct. The scoops even reveal the "earlier than expected" release of MP3.

Heres the link: http://nintendrone.blog.com//Brawl/

----------

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

* Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them. (Good, I can’t find wavebirds anywhere. I hope this means I can just use the remote and nunchuck, he wouldn’t say.)

* No motion-sensitive controls in main game. (Does that mean mini-games etc. will?)

* Game will feature no more than 50 characters. (Gee, thanks a lot. I didn’t know that already )

* “Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.” (Thank god, hopefully an end to the “This better be online or I’m not buying it” stuff.)

* They wouldn’t tell me any new specific characters. (Just thought I’d get that in there.)

* “Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around, as we made this very much a fan-desire project. There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ (just thought I should mention, he did the finger quote thing, and I literally lol’d) either. There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.” (Thanks for the cliffhanger. Wait…so no more clones? What about…)

* Not all characters will return. All of the original smash bros. will. (Oh…bye Roy (one of my mains.)

* Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included. (Hot sauce. I’ll take white Zora Link please.)

* No comment on third parties.

* The game has been made “more balanced”. (Cool. No more tiers? Ummm…idk if I like this yet.)

* N64 like intros. (lol)

* No comment on “advanced techniques”. (I’m mediocre at that stuff anyway, so, I’m neutral on this.)

* There will be new items, and some have been taken out. (Bob-ombs confirmed, don’t worry.)

* Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved. (Well, now that I think about it…duh.)

* Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured. (No word on if chars. Would have individual stories)

* Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return. (Due to popular demand, apparently.)

* Events will be included. (I love those things, so to me it’s awesome.)
* This game is scheduled to release this year. (My guess is Fall.)

* No comment on shoot the credits.
-----------

Alright. There are certain things to remember when reading. This was before the Dec. 3 announcement of the release and before the feb 10th delay. The 1pt size comments in parenthesis are his own little comments/feelings/hopes dealing with the information received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom