• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Im going to believe what I want. Smash comes out in 10 days. I find it hard to believe no one leaked the roster yet.

One of these many, many, many, many "leaks" are bound to be true. Just for the record. I dont care for this Serebii guy. Ive never met him. He seems just like these other people. Pokemon isnt Smash Bros. He keeps deconfirming all these lists but what has he done? Nothing.

Im just saying, its a little crazy to call all these other guys fake, but then hang onto Serebiis every word. Hes in the same boat as them. No proof but alot of hot air.

So with that, I believe chaos zero. And ill look at all these lists and see whos the most believable from a Nintendo standpoint and see who has the least contradictions according to the dojo.
I agree that the lack of "actual" leaks is surprising, especially this late in the game. But as far as Serebii goes, he is what the others aren't: a reputable source. ChaosZero was probably truthful; I think the others are just trying to emulate his success as a "prophet"--and failing miserably, I might add, because they all lack one vital point: real inside information.

Might I direct you to http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Inside information is not a new thing for Serebii. If you check the archived news from around March-April 2007, you'll notice that he was leaking (in increments) information about Diamond and Pearl, namely the English names for all the new Pokemon. Moreover, Serebii always has news about the latest games from Japan, as well as access to Japanese sources like Corocoro, etc. It doesn't surprise me in the least for Serebii to have some sort of "scoop," and it shouldn't surprise anyone, for that matter.

And also, that list you posted on the previous page is fake fake fake. Confirmed fake by its creator (Nintendrone), actually.

once again, you dont impress me much.

i hear a lot of blahblahblah from you on things related to brawl.

but ur right "you cannot be sure of what I do or do not know and whether I do or do not know something" my response: who cares about what you know(if its anything at all on brawl) if you dont release any info. anyone could guess lucario was in.
Again, I direct your attention to the aforementioned website. Serebii knows what he's talking about. (And frankly, you won't be hearing much of anything from Serebii--let alone "blahblahblah"--because he's being so tight-lipped about it.) In any event, I suppose we will just agree to disagree. :ohwell:

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
The bottom line is this: Serebii might know things. But with that being said, who REALLY cares that so and so is a reputable source or insert gqamefaqs username here leaked that MidnaRoyTwo would make the roster? The game will be out in less than 2 weeks, and then everyone will know and prophets and leakers and reputable sources alike will know only as much as we do. The fake/leaked rosters provide some interesting takes on what the roster should be in someone's eyes and that should be all. Should one of them be right, once again: WHO CARES?

I can't wait for the speculation on who's in to end, and when the complaints about so and so not being in also end. The game is going to be great even if the only characters in the game turn out to be the ones we know about right now.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Well, I would like to see a link to him saying it being fake.

Second. If it is indeed a guess/fake scoop then its a VERY, VERY good one.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
There's a difference between me and all the others though...like Aeris said.

I have a history of revealing things accurately from Nintendo games. I have got a miriad of sources in the industry that I have come to trust from past relations and reveals.

These randomers are just that...random people trying to get e-fame by posting lots of bull****

What seperates me from them apart from the history? I'm not revealing anything. I'm not allowed to.

I don't care if you believe me or not, what I do not appreciate is the attacks I get from some of you who are just pathetically upset that there may be people who know more Brawl info than you. Seriously, get a life and get over it

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
There's a difference between me and all the others though...like Aeris said.

I have a history of revealing things accurately from Nintendo games. I have got a miriad of sources in the industry that I have come to trust from past relations and reveals.

These randomers are just that...random people trying to get e-fame by posting lots of bull****

What seperates me from them apart from the history? I'm not revealing anything. I'm not allowed to.

I don't care if you believe me or not, what I do not appreciate is the attacks I get from some of you who are just pathetically upset that there may be people who know more Brawl info than you. Seriously, get a life and get over it
Aeris responded to me so ill take this one.

I cant talk for anyone else but im not upset that people know more about Brawl than me. Its expected since I have no gaming contacts or affiliations whatsoever....even still, to think that way is childish.

But you have to also think abit here. From our position. You havent said anything except vague statements about mewtwo and lucario IF that. You are in the same boat as the other "prophets" like it or not. You say you have info, but you cant prove it. In terms of you repressing info thereby proving your validity..... Id say hardly.

Should we believe a leaker because he only reveals ATs and no PCs? The only way to believe someone is with proof, NOT with the lack thereof.

I can believe that you know SOME information, maybe (however unlikely) even ALL the info theres to know. But the fact is, if you can't or won't say anything to us, you're as good as Reggie Fils or even thealmightygoat. Which pretty much is worthless right now, in terms of Smash bros info.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Well I'm not a fake

BUT

Would you rather people get prosecuted and suffer huge lawsuits just for you to get information? Could you live with that on your conscience?

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I never said you were fake. Its just that you can say you have info all day but it doesnt change a thing. "Leakers" are still posting. People are still believing. No one knows the real roster and even if we do...we really don't. Things arent changing with me knowing that you may or may not know about the roster.

You get what I mean? I know Reggie probably knows alot about smash but what does that mean? Who cares right? Hes not going to tell us anything. I know the almightygoat doesnt know anything about smash. Who cares right? Everything he says is a lie. So thats why I put you guys in the same boat because both do nothing in terms of me or anyone else for that matter learning new information.

Now to answer you're question, no. No I wouldnt. I respect that people keep NDAs. But I also respect people who risk it for the fans. Though, Id rather not have someone prosecuted and fined just to know that "blank" is going to be in brawl.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Well I'm not a fake

BUT

Would you rather people get prosecuted and suffer huge lawsuits just for you to get information? Could you live with that on your conscience?
Hard to believe that people leak almost every single Nintendo video game and you never hear them getting prosecuted or sued, yet a small information leak from a reputiable source would have some far-reaching legal consequences. You already have leaked Brawl information due to what people have inferred from your words. You're being a horrible tease.

It's also weird you keep rushing back in here to prove how trustworthy you are but you know, what really is the point? In ten days we'll start to have the info, so it's getting kind of tiresome that you say barely anything solid yet keep rushing back to uphold your great name.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Serebii, I'd like to ask you if you've played any form of the game yet...if so, is Olimar any good? I want to main him so badly!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Stop bugging Serebii!
Oh wow, I sound like Chris Crocker...

He's just doing his job, sheesh. Can't really blame the guy for that...

Love your website, btw, been using it since R/S/E generation. ^_^ Keep up the good work.

Smash Ace
I don't believe superstarship by any means. The fact that he didn't mentione Ness or Roy means he's forgetful and not very good at lying.

NEXT!!
=2007=

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
And also, that list you posted on the previous page is fake fake fake. Confirmed fake by its creator (Nintendrone), actually.

I think the deal was that the Nintendrone blog picked up an alleged leak from the Prima guide originally posted on Ga****qs and then some time later Serebii said it was fake, and Nintendrone thought that this word was good enough for him.

However, sometime later Olimar showed up, which was weird, and made the Prima leak a little more credible again. However, I have later heard that the original leak has been debunked/admitted wrong in the same original Gfaqs thread - but I have no confirmation that this latest development has taken place.

For me, the Prima leak is up in the air but I don't mind seeing it shot down.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I think the deal was that the Nintendrone blog picked up an alleged leak from the Prima guide originally posted on Ga****qs and then some time later Serebii said it was fake, and Nintendrone thought that this word was good enough for him.

However, sometime later Olimar showed up, which was weird, and made the Prima leak a little more credible again. However, I have later heard that the original leak has been debunked/admitted wrong in the same original Gfaqs thread - but I have no confirmation that this latest development has taken place.

Aeris was responding to me and that list I posted wasnt the Prima guide. Go back two pages and you'll see.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hard to believe that people leak almost every single Nintendo video game and you never hear them getting prosecuted or sued, yet a small information leak from a reputiable source would have some far-reaching legal consequences. You already have leaked Brawl information due to what people have inferred from your words. You're being a horrible tease.

It's also weird you keep rushing back in here to prove how trustworthy you are but you know, what really is the point? In ten days we'll start to have the info, so it's getting kind of tiresome that you say barely anything solid yet keep rushing back to uphold your great name.
Hm... I may be mistaken, but I believe that Serebii could leak information if the information were beginning to leak from other sources first; since they would be the ones to breach the NDA first, Serebii might not be liable. Again, I'm not sure, and feel free to step in to correct me, Serebii.

And moreover, Serebii IS doing what he can do steer us in the right direction...sort of. He's at least kind enough to tell us which rosters are definitely fake; we take it a step further and make inferences about what he disconfirms.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Hm... I may be mistaken, but I believe that Serebii could leak information if the information were beginning to leak from other sources first; since they would be the ones to breach the NDA first, Serebii might not be liable. Again, I'm not sure, and feel free to step in to correct me, Serebii.

And moreover, Serebii IS doing what he can do steer us in the right direction...sort of. He's at least kind enough to tell us which rosters are definitely fake; we take it a step further and make inferences about what he disconfirms.
I don't see how an NDA applies to him. He would not have signed such a beast unless he was actually involved with Brawl or Nintendo.

Merely saying Yes or No to rosters that include disclude such and such a pokemon would be breaching it anyway.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I don't see how an NDA applies to him. He would not have signed such a beast unless he was actually involved with Brawl or Nintendo.

Merely saying Yes or No to rosters that include disclude such and such a pokemon would be breaching it anyway.
Thats how I'm seeing it too.
The "I'll get sued" excuse always seemed a little iffy to me, to help diffuse the gullible people.
Since some 'prophets' used that excuse...
<.< Not saying Serebii is like them, I'm just not sure where Serebii fits in XD.

-DD

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
lol. Stop bugging Serebii, cuz it's x4 weakness to the Grass/Psychic type. :p

*gets CS Heracross*

Ok man. I know where I'm gonna be January 24th: Here and serebii.net just waiting to see what comes up there. >_>

PokeBall: Dr. Mario

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
Blah, Does it really matter about leaks? FFS the game will be out in 10 days...get over who lies and not...geez, be patient and find out.

Tek32

Smash Cadet
You guys put too much faith in Joe >_>

I mean come on, the guy used Ttar/Shedinja on the same team and told chaos he switched too much =\

If this was a pokemon game, I may believe it, but until then, it's about as credible as anyone else.

Zek

Smash Ace

Come on, how many fake rosters do you think there have been already that predicted Olimar? He was basically a shoe-in. Maybe if even one of them had come up with the name "Pikmin & Olimar" you'd have something.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
you do realise he may not have mentioned ness and roy because they may be like say alternate costumes of marth and lucas or something we haven't thought of yet...

not saying he's real just saying his not mentioning them doesn't debunk him.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
You guys put too much faith in Joe >_>

I mean come on, the guy used Ttar/Shedinja on the same team and told chaos he switched too much =\

If this was a pokemon game, I may believe it, but until then, it's about as credible as anyone else.
You do realise Pokémon is essentially done by Nintendo...and guess what, so is Smash bros...I have sources in Nintendo so where are you having trouble believing

And so I made one error in a crappy battle once...OH MY GOD...THAT MEANS I CANNOT HAVE SOURCES AND INSIDE INFORMATION. HOW FOOLISH OF ME...ALL BECAUSE I MESSED UP IN A POKEMON BATTLE 2 YEARS AGO. OH WOE IS THE WORLD. IT IS ALL OVER, WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
SuperStarship's roster list is as safe as a blanket. There's not enough WTFness to a single part of it, plus the fact he's missed characters out of the posting says to me he's talking crap. His story seems farfetched, too.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i wouldn't worry much about ppl believing you or not serebii.

i thank you for the little bit of deconfirming you give us, alot of other people do to.

so don't worry about a few ppl that don't. i think you said it right "they can't stand that someone knows more about brawl than they do" it just makes them angry. they want to deconfirm the zero amount of info you've given us. but who cares if they don't want to trust you? whatever they will only learn less about brawl because of it, no need to argue with them.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
You do realise Pokémon is essentially done by Nintendo...and guess what, so is Smash bros...I have sources in Nintendo so where are you having trouble believing

And so I made one error in a crappy battle once...OH MY GOD...THAT MEANS I CANNOT HAVE SOURCES AND INSIDE INFORMATION. HOW FOOLISH OF ME...ALL BECAUSE I MESSED UP IN A POKEMON BATTLE 2 YEARS AGO. OH WOE IS THE WORLD. IT IS ALL OVER, WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.
Not that it matters, but if you really believe that you have nothing to prove to people then why bother arguing. Just leave things be.

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
haha tek

I just don't get why everyone treats Serebii like a secondary Dojo. I mean, nothing against him, but honestly, he hasn't PROVEN ANYTHING. I mean, the stuff he said could very well happen, and I don't doubt that Mewtwo may have been cut, but come on, you guys would believe him if he said Luigi's up-b attack was Ice-3 :ohwell:

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
haha tek

I just don't get why everyone treats Serebii like a secondary Dojo. I mean, nothing against him, but honestly, he hasn't PROVEN ANYTHING. I mean, the stuff he said could very well happen, and I don't doubt that Mewtwo may have been cut, but come on, you guys would believe him if he said Luigi's up-b attack was Ice-3 :ohwell:

Because. He. Actually. Has. Information.

How many times do we have to say it...

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Erm...When did I ever say Mewtwo is out?

People are inferring it, I have never said it. I have revealed nothing, people are just guessing it

Revven

FrankerZ
Not like it'll matter since we'll know the roster in 10 days anyway..
And when we do, if Mewtwo is out, can I make a thread that says "LULZ NONBELIEVERS OF SEREBII R TEH PROVEN WRONGZORS!"? Because it's pretty clear that's a pretty viable thread to make if you count how many people don't believe Serebii for the reason of "LULZ NO PROOF0RZ EVN THO HI C@N'T GIVE US ANAY POOF!!!11!".

volbound1700

Smash Master
Superstarship's seems the most realistic but still hard to believe they would cut Falco and he did not mention Roy either way. I don't think a lot of Melee characters will be cut as others think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom