• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright Yoshi Fukers

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Im now playing yoshi because he ****

***** and is fun 2 play

ill post vids sometimes

well bring yoshi back

and i beat a sheik on fd..

=D

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Does Svamp still play? Man, I remember the days when he used to crank out videos like it was his job.

Good times.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So do you think the rise of the Sheiks will be a direct result of the Yoshi revolution? Or do you think the two happened (or are happening, I suppose) independently?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
No, they're related. Somebody's gotta keep that ****er in his egg.

I do like me some yoshi though, mainly because around these parts, it's an understood rule that yoshi is a beta character that should have never been in the final version of melee.

Infact, when Nintendo finally gets off their *** to make Melee HD Remix, Yoshi (and Pichu) will be removed from the game.

Velox

Smash Ace
If you could jump out of shield and jump cancel neutral 'B' he'd be amazing.

Also, Sheik isn't Yoshi's worst match, I'm pretty sure that belongs to Falco.. So Falcos would be on the rise. It'd have to be one of the 2 though, (Peach and Captain seem pretty bad as well..)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Also, Sheik isn't Yoshi's worst match, I'm pretty sure that belongs to Falco.. So Falcos would be on the rise. It'd have to be one of the 2 though, (Peach and Captain seem pretty bad as well..)
There's a higher general skill level associated with Falco. With Sheik you really just need strong basics and good chain grabbing consistency to beat a Yoshi. And chain grabbing Yoshi is so hard.

Although I'd agree that at a high level Falco probably becomes harder.

Velox

Smash Ace
meh, I dunno, Falco's aren't particularly skilled compared to other characters. I find him to be the easiest character to play with (especially when you're playing someone whom's style you're really unsure of, you tend to have an advantage with some fool-proof Falco strats, etc.)

Sheik really isn't as easy to play as everyone says. If you just play a mindless spacing style then I guess she's easy to play with.. Just like mindless techy Falco is easy to play.

But yeah, Falco is probably hardest at high levels. Just the very nature of lasers defy Yoshi's very existence. It's certainly easier to get around lasers with say Marth or Fox than Yoshi. Though you do have some techs for this that other characters don't (light egg, double jump through lasers, etc.), but it just doesn't help much.

You certainly have to play a more flawless game against Falco, which I think is a problem for all Yoshi players, seeing he's so wild..

TidalWave

Smash Apprentice
meh, I dunno, Falco's aren't particularly skilled compared to other characters. I find him to be the easiest character to play with (especially when you're playing someone whom's style you're really unsure of, you tend to have an advantage with some fool-proof Falco strats, etc.)

Sheik really isn't as easy to play as everyone says. If you just play a mindless spacing style then I guess she's easy to play with.. Just like mindless techy Falco is easy to play.

But yeah, Falco is probably hardest at high levels. Just the very nature of lasers defy Yoshi's very existence. It's certainly easier to get around lasers with say Marth or Fox than Yoshi. Though you do have some techs for this that other characters don't (light egg, double jump through lasers, etc.), but it just doesn't help much.

You certainly have to play a more flawless game against Falco, which I think is a problem for all Yoshi players, seeing he's so wild..
No offense... but lets not act like playing Falco is easy. When thinking of the most technical players in the world, many Falco mains/secondaries come to mind, and on a very high level of play, the "fool-proof Falco strats" become less and less fool-proof.

Velox

Smash Ace
Oh, at higher levels of play fool-proof Falco strats become less and less fool-proof, I had no idea. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

heh, normally I'm not such a jerk, but that comment just forced that level of sarcasm out of me..

trust me, he's the easiest character for some scrub/noob to do well with in tourney out of chance. He also allows some scrubs to look like they know what they're doing against a superior player. many would agree with me

plus, I was getting at, he's more of a mechanical character which is different than characters like Marth that require thought to get just basic stuff done (though some play him as a techy character, from a general sense you can get further with tech/no brain falco than tech/no brain marth..)

And in an extreme sense, Yoshi is a character much different from Falco -the mechanical character- in that you have to be pretty decent at the game to even look like you have a pulse. You can't just tech skill ur way out of nasty situations.

rhan

Smash Hero
Mango playing Yoshi? Dude...Good luck...

It's gonna be difficult trying to play Yoshi since you're a Jiggly main. Don't get your second jump gimped.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
MANGOOOOOOO

I met you at West coast smash league!!! but you probably don't remember me!!!! but i play yoshiiiii!!!!

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
yoshi will dominate the world by eating it and turning it into an egg.

everyone knows the l33t falco strat is to double jump through falco's lazers, then djc to side b and roll off the stage. i mean if you're going to lose to someone make it on your own terms

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
svampen's yoshi is beast but fumi's is way tighter. its hard to compare anyone to fumi.

imo zenothlee > svampen

Top Bottom