• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, it's not hard at all to judge people based on tournament results. Tournaments are the times where players are trying their very best (most of the time). Friendlies mean **** when you are comparing players. Especially friendlies against people who you smash with often. I usually go even with Rimi's peach with my falcon in friendlies, OMG that means I should be just as high as him on the power rankings right? No. Rimi performs much better than myself in tournaments because peach is gay like that >_>. Joking (or not) aside, he does better in tournaments than me maybe because of his characters, maybe because he is better at adapting to other smasher's playstyles than I am, or maybe because he cheats.

So basically what I am trying to say is: LMAO @ "It's hard to JUDGE players based on Just tourneys."
true

~Keep your one word posts to yourself, either say something or don't post -Nihonjin

ThatGuy

Smash Master
No, it's not hard to base rankings on tournies at all. In fact, that's the logical approach everyone takes, all the time.

Del has outranked both of you at EVERY single tourney in existence (at least as far as I know). If Raynex finished first in 2003, great, but that won't count anymore.

There are some people that are pretty good that YOU don't know. Which is many. Can you tell me how many of the people on this list you have played, besides Bread and Del? Can you tell me how many, out of those players, you have beaten in a tourney (or outranked)? NONE! I think RayneX placed 5th at an NNR tournament awhile ago. Great, getting a good rank was done. But who did he play? He had an easy bracket and coasted along before meeting an actual challenge and getting knocked off.

There's no way friendlies/smashfests/bi-weekly events are recognized by Power Rankings. That would be chaos. Think of it this way: The Power Rankings don't measure skill, they measure performance. You guys obviously lack that.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
There's really no use in arguing about the current PR list until after the next tourny, so why is everyone still bickering? For those of you who think you should be on the PR: Prove yourselves at a coming event. For those of you who are being *******s to people claiming they belong on the PR: Calm down! No need to be so freaking harsh! This must be the most hostile community I've ever been a part of, honestly. There's so much arrogance in here, and I especially see it coming from people who are in no place to be talking down to people at all. Bottom line: Try being more productive instead of posting the same bull**** over and over again. Nothings changing for the moment.

Dice

Smash Lord
There is no bickering here, I was just merely explaining why friendlies do not count towards the power rankings.

D

Deleted member

me and RaynEX beat Del most of the time. It's hard to JUDGE players based on Just tourneys. There are some ppl that are pretty good but it's just that YOU don't know.
cough i dunno about that

but here's why:

First, friendlies are pointless to take into account, for reasons already stated, and the fact that it's for fun

Second, I rarely play RaynEX and you, ryan, so to make a judgment on the Win / Loss ratio between us would be dumb

Third, The last time I played Bernard with friendlies I won almost every match, this was at noah's the night before the tournament, am I going to take that into consideration? Not really. He wasn't playing well.

Bottom line :

Ryan, Bernard, just prove yourselves at the next tournament, simple as that.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Im bad at this game, all i ever do is just play mewto... soooo ummm.... il rent you my spot on the power rankings?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
There's really no use in arguing about the current PR list until after the next tourny, so why is everyone still bickering? For those of you who think you should be on the PR: Prove yourselves at a coming event. For those of you who are being *******s to people claiming they belong on the PR: Calm down! No need to be so freaking harsh! This must be the most hostile community I've ever been a part of, honestly. There's so much arrogance in here, and I especially see it coming from people who are in no place to be talking down to people at all. Bottom line: Try being more productive instead of posting the same bull**** over and over again. Nothings changing for the moment.
Dang, and I was having fun posting the same bull**** over and over again. :(

The community probably appears hostile because we're on TEH INTARNETZ!1~! Every time we meet each other IRL, we all act like pussycats and be all friendly and stuff. <3 the community :)

Dice

Smash Lord
Well, when you don't quote a post and start using words such as "everyone" and "people" it can be misleading...

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Alright knock it off guys.
There's a difference between discussing something and aimlessly arguing about nothing.
If this doesn't turn into a normal discussion soon I'll have to be a partypooper and pull the plug on this thread :o

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Sorry, that was my bad. I was just a little frustrated. Back on track.

MetaKnight: I'm sure it wouldn't hurt your consideration for the next list, but I don't think it would guarantee you a spot. We probably will come to the London Tourny by the way. I didn't know you were getting into comepetitive smash again.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I hope I could get back into competitive smash for the WC EC tourney... probably not going to happen.

I was just thinking that it would be silly if I 3 stocked someone on the PR list >_>

Damax

Smash Lord
I hope I could get back into competitive smash for the WC EC tourney... probably not going to happen.

I was just thinking that it would be silly if I 3 stocked someone on the PR list >_>
I doubt about it, EC Coast got pretty though lately, everyone did alot of progress. and from what I recall from our last and first match against you I wasn't impressed as I can be by those on the PR nowadays : Jih, vwin, bam, dice, tect, etc... have improved alot like most of us. The fact is we grow stronger, did you?

VeXTeRJeZTeR

Smash Apprentice
If anyone who knows Jih could Email him or phone him to see if he has my gamecube and if I could get it back at the next tourney.I also just want to say that I think I should be on the Power Ranks and I will prove it at the next tourney.

Vwins

Smash Ace
If anyone who knows Jih could Email him or phone him to see if he has my gamecube and if I could get it back at the next tourney.I also just want to say that I think I should be on the Power Ranks and I will prove it at the next tourney.
we never had your gamecube when we came back from toronto.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
Well it was never taken out of the car so it just vanished then??
i already responded in a pm to some1else that was asking about it... we did a big clean up and never found it... im really sorry for that

i guess i can help you donate or something if we ever met again cuz i really feel sorry atm

:confused: :confused:

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I doubt about it, EC Coast got pretty though lately, everyone did alot of progress. and from what I recall from our last and first match against you I wasn't impressed as I can be by those on the PR nowadays : Jih, vwin, bam, dice, tect, etc... have improved alot like most of us. The fact is we grow stronger, did you?
No I didn't = (

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
i already responded in a pm to some1else that was asking about it... we did a big clean up and never found it... im really sorry for that

i guess i can help you donate or something if we ever met again cuz i really feel sorry atm

:confused: :confused:
I think when we left that tournament, there was a gamecube laying on the floor. I don't know who was there with me, but I think noah was bringing a big *** tv or bag with him, and someone took it, but I can't recall who...

Dice

Smash Lord
we'll fix that after the next tournament
Not if I have anything to do with it!

But really, Vexed69 has seemed to have quit smash for now to play WoW, so since he won't be attending the next few tournaments from what i've heard, seems like jarc would be the best fit.

D

Deleted member

It's like Clue!

Only Sodomy!

It was Vwins in the alleyway with the Sybian!!!11

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha! Chester in unwanted. I might be crazy but I think that the value of chet's love has dropped quite a bit over the past few months. That's what you get for whoring yourself out so hard chet, ya can never love no ho.

Top Bottom